PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye lovely loyal wisdom tooth

Julia
27-Feb-09, 00:41
Unfortunately 'upper lefty' as he's become affectionately known is destined for the dental stairway to heaven tomorrow morning after he's yanked from the comfort and safety of his gummy home. Needless to say I'll remember him well after his sudden departure, the pain is bound to keep the memory alive for at least a few days!

sassylass
27-Feb-09, 00:44
[lol] sorry for your (future) discomfort but your words are hilarious!

Alan
27-Feb-09, 00:46
Are there any plans for some sort of funeral service? Or do you prefer cremation? Either way you have my condolences for your loss.

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-09, 00:50
Aww goodbye Upper-Lefty! :~( lol.

My OH's wisdom tooth is really bothering him but he wont go til the dentist, instead he chooses to give me pain, he has toothache and i get a headache from him moanin! [lol]

Julia
27-Feb-09, 00:52
I'll pop him in my wee tooth fairy packet with 'upper left - 3rd molar', they were neighbours after all for many many years, little does 'upper left - 3rd molar' realise that tomorrow he will be reunited with his long lost calcified chum. I think it's only right that they remain together and have time to compare roots.

I think I'll keep them both in my jewellery box.

balto
27-Feb-09, 00:54
hey julia how much will the tooth fairy give you for a lovely wisdom tooth lol.

Alan
27-Feb-09, 00:56
Aww goodbye Upper-Lefty! :~( lol.

My OH's wisdom tooth is really bothering him but he wont go til the dentist, instead he chooses to give me pain, he has toothache and i get a headache from him moanin! [lol]

All you need to do is wait until he is asleep, then just get some pliars (that probably isn't spelt correctly, but you know what I mean, I imagine) and the problem is gone... Simple really.

Something tells me that my future does not lie in the health profession...

Julia
27-Feb-09, 00:58
Not much, there's a recession you know :eek:. Upper Lefty isn't very wise either (well never been much help to me) and he's got a big gaping hole so probably not a lot [lol]

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-09, 01:00
All you need to do is wait until he is asleep, then just get some pliars (that probably isn't spelt correctly, but you know what I mean, I imagine) and the problem is gone... Simple really.

Something tells me that my future does not lie in the health profession...

Aha! There we go....my kinda style! Now...do i have to have a hammer ready for when he wakes up til kill me, just give him a "tap" on the head til knock him oot for the night! [lol]

Alan
27-Feb-09, 01:06
Aha! There we go....my kinda style! Now...do i have to have a hammer ready for when he wakes up til kill me, just give him a "tap" on the head til knock him oot for the night! [lol]

Good plan. Now remember, don't hit him too hard. Wouldn't want to hurt him!!!

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-09, 01:08
Good plan. Now remember, don't hit him too hard. Wouldn't want to hurt him!!!

Maybe just a little bit.........[lol]

Alan
27-Feb-09, 01:12
Maybe just a little bit.........[lol]

So what you need to do is hit him not so hard that he is seriously injured/dead, but hard enough so that he is in pain, AND forgets it all in the morning. Problem solved.

Kevin Milkins
27-Feb-09, 05:12

Thats a very good question balto, what is the going rate nowadays from the tooth fairy?.

When we were kids it used to be sixpence a (tanner) in old money and we could hardly wait till morning to see if the fairy had been .

My older brother was so concerned on one such occasion that one of his sibblings might steal his prize tooth during the night that he hid it in his ear and it got lodged.

I remember sitting in the hospital waiting room with my brother, two sisters and a very annoyed mother[mad] and people sniggering about the fact my brother had been brought in to have a tooth extracted from his ear.:eek:

Hope it is not to painfull for you Julia.

Bazeye
27-Feb-09, 12:31
My OH keeps telling me I should get one put in.

teenybash
27-Feb-09, 12:47
I'll pop him in my wee tooth fairy packet with 'upper left - 3rd molar', they were neighbours after all for many many years, little does 'upper left - 3rd molar' realise that tomorrow he will be reunited with his long lost calcified chum. I think it's only right that they remain together and have time to compare roots.

I think I'll keep them both in my jewellery box.

Although dreading the pangs of being parted from you Upper Lefty will take comfort in knowing she will be reunited with Upper Left 3rd Molar.
You might even find that your jewel box will become a bit of a rave at times as the chains, pendants and rings all join in the celebrations......As to the Tooth Fairy, you might find there is a limited return there as the credit crunch begins to bite.;)

Julia
27-Feb-09, 13:26
Upper Lefty was granted a last minute reprieve! His execution extraction has been postponed until May 7th as I did not have a baby sitter due to my son's dad being rushed to hospital from work during the night, just how inconsiderate can you get.

The good news is Aaron is recovering well from his asthma attack and should be discharged from hospital later today :)

teenybash
27-Feb-09, 15:05
Glad Aaron is recovering..............Upper Lefty will now just have to enjoy the anticipation of the celebrations when she and Upper Left 3rd Molar are finally reunited......wonder how Gummy with feel though....probably a bit raw for a wee while .... time heals though.:)

wickscorrie
27-Feb-09, 21:07
julia, maybe my bottom leftie will beat your upper one, me and my tooth have got our appointment for wednesday, (hopefully yon mannie can fill my toothie up with lots of cement and leave my tooth firmly where it is, i'll cross my fingers for that scenario and my purse). but the size of the hole seems to make me think not- i'll just have to wait and see mind you i don't think the tooth fairy will want this tooth to fill the tooth castle probably the round filing system will be more appropriate

joxville
27-Feb-09, 21:27
According to my secretary at work, she tells her husband the going rate is the price of new shoes. I'm glad she's not my wife-knowing my luck I'd be paying for a full set off dentures as well as shoes. :D

bobbyjoeufb
28-Feb-09, 04:57
I had two wisdom teeth removed on Monday in Raigmore Hospital and was very suprised by the lack of pain, even with my face swelling some two inches it was all kept under control with some pain killers and anti-inflaitories.

However come Friday teatime I relised that the pain had increased substainally and even though I have been rising my mouth 3 times a day as advised by the hospital it feels like It may be infected.

Call to emergency dentist took some three to four hours to return my call at which time I had turned off my phone took more pain killers and gone to bed. Now awoken at 0330 to major pain and face burning so more pain killers and risining, will call dentist first thing in the morning hopefully some antibiotics will clear this mess up.

Kinda poetic that the teeth were removed due to occasionally getting infected and now that they are gone, the infection is back; hopefully for the last time!

Good luck with your extraction, hope it goes well, I have been told by other people that once it is all over its well worth the pain and suffering.