PDA

View Full Version : RG Macdonald Wick

herenow
26-Feb-09, 23:06
Got pies from the bakery for lunch, have to say they were disgusting, the pie was sour you could actually smell they were off let alone taste them. You would think in this day and age with health and safety and food hygene being so strict this would not happen.

forgive me if im wrong but it cant be hard to remove an item from the shelf once it is past its best, rather than selling it to some poor customer who was just looking for a bite of lunch.

I have to say its not great when you buy something and its off!! :~(

sjr014
26-Feb-09, 23:38
You should have taken it back and im sure they would have been very apologetic and given you your money back.

I have 2 say i love Macdonalds my fave bakery! Would highly reccomend, loved their steak mince pies but they dont do them all the time! Jam n cream turnovers! God im getin hungry just thinkin bout it!

loganbiffy
26-Feb-09, 23:39
That's such a shame, RG's is usually a terrific beakery, best in the county for sure and this is coming from someone who lives in Thurso!

We had steak pies today and they were lovely!

herenow
26-Feb-09, 23:41
im not debating they are an ok bakery, this is even more reason for them not to sell "off" food and try and keep up their so called good reputation!

poppett
26-Feb-09, 23:56
Two christmasses ago I got a madeira cake from MacDonald`s which had been wrapped before it was completely cold and it went mouldy. I phoned to tell them in case they had others similar which an old person may buy and not notice. They were fully apologetic and delivered a large box of goodies as compensation.

I am sure they did not intend to sell you an "off" pie, and if it was that bad you would have smelt it in the shop.

Liz
26-Feb-09, 23:58
Did you take the pie back to McDonalds and let them know there was a problem?

I am sure they would have resolved the matter so it doesn't seem fair coming onto a public forum to complain.:confused

hotrod4
27-Feb-09, 07:35
To be fair as business' get "bigged up" all the time its only fair if something goes wrong that they get "Bigged down" too?

Personally i would have contacted them first and if i got no joy or unenthusiastic service I would then post all about it for all to see. My philosophy is give someone a chance to fix it, if they dont fix it woe betide them!!!!
Just for the record if you could smell it was off why didnt you take it back immediately,rather than take it home etc?

I buy regularly from them and must admit havent had a bad thing from them,thats not to say it doesnt happen,we are all only human after all.

wifie
27-Feb-09, 10:38
To be fair as business' get "bigged up" all the time its only fair if something goes wrong that they get "Bigged down" too?

Personally i would have contacted them first and if i got no joy or unenthusiastic service I would then post all about it for all to see. My philosophy is give someone a chance to fix it, if they dont fix it woe betide them!!!!
Just for the record if you could smell it was off why didnt you take it back immediately,rather than take it home etc?

I buy regularly from them and must admit havent had a bad thing from them,thats not to say it doesnt happen,we are all only human after all.

I think hotrod has made a very good point - no point dissin a place if there could have been a perfectly good reason for the error - as he said we are all human. In the current economic climate I think we all have to try and help each other instead of just slag off!

dolly
27-Feb-09, 10:42
I have always gone to MacDonalds Bakery and i have never had anything bad from this bakery.The staff are extremly helpfully.The produce is always to a high standard and whats more the staff all wear hats or hair nets.I know the recommendations page is for good and bad critism but in all fairness i personally would have gone back and complained not posted it on an internet forum. Keep the good work up Macdonalds!!!!!

igglepiggle
27-Feb-09, 12:33
i think they are a good bakers, i got my youngest son his cake from there rather than the thurso bakers. I usually pop in when we are through.

herenow
27-Feb-09, 13:21
Okay lets get things straight before i start, i did not say they were a bad bakery!! This is a recommendations page where you comment on things, either bad or good!!

I did return the pie and was looked at as if i had two heads hence the reason for posting it on the org!!

I dont make a habbit of sniffing my food before buying it, and dont expect i should have to!!

The pie was off! i thought i had a right to comment on this.

herenow
27-Feb-09, 13:24
Also if my memory serves me right this is not the first negative thread i have read regarding this bakery!!

SO WE ALL HAVE RIGHTS TO AIR OUR VIEWS! and experiences,

bothyman
27-Feb-09, 15:10
I did return the pie and was looked at as if i had two heads hence the reason for posting it on the org!!

If you had mentioned this in your first post people would have understood why you posted it.
But it did sound like you were having a rant on the org, rather than take it back and complain.
I've got to admit I would have probably done the same as you:roll:.

wifie
27-Feb-09, 16:16
Okay lets get things straight before i start, i did not say they were a bad bakery!! This is a recommendations page where you comment on things, either bad or good!!

I dont make a habbit of sniffing my food before buying it, and dont expect i should have to!!

The pie was off! i thought i had a right to comment on this.

Thank you for your further explanation. After they looked at you like you had two heads tho did you get a fresh pie?

winnie
01-Mar-09, 21:30
Thank you for your further explanation. After they looked at you like you had two heads tho did you get a fresh pie?

what shop did you get it from and where did you go back to as i spoke to a few of the girls there and they new noyhing of it and if you went back they would no as brian would of told them all to see what is going on

J7
01-Mar-09, 23:43
Ive also had a bad experience with a cake from here and don't make a habbit of smelling the bag my purchase is placed in before leaving the shop and certainly would not waste my petrol taking it all the way back to the shop living 10 miles outside the town.
Your correct to voice your opinion!

snowflakes400
02-Mar-09, 14:47
I totally agree with j7 everyone is entitled to their own opinion,there is lots of threads on this forum about local businesses both good and bad comments,herenow is quite right to express their opinion ,plenty people come on here and rant about the service in argos etc so if you have a recommendation whether good or bad you are in your rights to put it on here.

BRIE
04-Mar-09, 10:58
what shop did you get it from and where did you go back to as i spoke to a few of the girls there and they new noyhing of it and if you went back they would no as brian would of told them all to see what is going on

seems a bit odd! surely they would remember they dont get many complaints, odd that HERENOW hasnt replied to this either??:confused

carson
04-Mar-09, 13:51
Vote with your feet herenow...don't go back!
Substandard foods are not acceptable. I find it inexcusable that most of the replies to this post are gathering support behind the business...There is NO excuse for sour food being served to the public. I wonder if they would be backing the bakery if someone had died as a result of consuming a bacteria laden pie? Please remember this is food we are talking about.. no second chances should be given!
And what's so great about mass produced 'baking' containing colours, preservatives, hydrogenated vegetable fat and powdered egg?? It should be called a chemisty lab not a bakery! Home bakery...I think not!
Thank you!

George
04-Mar-09, 14:11
No what's 'ODD' is the fact that you feel the need to spend your time writing on to doubt Herenow regarding their complaint, whether this person went back, complained, shouted the shop down, it's not really the issue here is it, this person bought and paid for a 'sour' pie, again it's a public forum, personally I couldn't care less if the staff 'REMEMBER' them, I assume it's a busy place but no excuse for stale produce on sale!
There's plenty businesses has bad criticism on here, are you going to check up on all the complaints...Didn't think so!

carson
04-Mar-09, 14:27
I have always gone to MacDonalds Bakery and i have never had anything bad from this bakery.The staff are extremly helpfully.The produce is always to a high standard and whats more the staff all wear hats or hair nets.I know the recommendations page is for good and bad critism but in all fairness i personally would have gone back and complained not posted it on an internet forum. Keep the good work up Macdonalds!!!!!

Oh I say...they wear hats and hair nets so you obviously can't die of food poisoning if you buy sour pies from them!!

BRIE
04-Mar-09, 16:37
No what's 'ODD' is the fact that you feel the need to spend your time writing on to doubt Herenow regarding their complaint, whether this person went back, complained, shouted the shop down, it's not really the issue here is it, this person bought and paid for a 'sour' pie, again it's a public forum, personally I couldn't care less if the staff 'REMEMBER' them, I assume it's a busy place but no excuse for stale produce on sale!
There's plenty businesses has bad criticism on here, are you going to check up on all the complaints...Didn't think so!

just seemed odd that HERENOW didnt mention that he took the pie/pies back in his first post when hes said the reason he posted on here was because they looked at him like he had 2 heads when he did go back!
Yes its inexcusable that he was sold sour pies & if it was more than 1 pie (couldnt quite work out if it was 1 or more)the shop really should of remembered him as they should of been reporting back to management to make sure there wasnt a bigger problem.
I just think we should have the full story before we make comments eg what was the outcome, did the staff apologise?,give him his money back? did the staff check the rest of the pies on sale?

AfternoonDelight
04-Mar-09, 17:14
Vote with your feet herenow...don't go back!
Substandard foods are not acceptable. I find it inexcusable that most of the replies to this post are gathering support behind the business...There is NO excuse for sour food being served to the public. I wonder if they would be backing the bakery if someone had died as a result of consuming a bacteria laden pie? Please remember this is food we are talking about.. no second chances should be given!
And what's so great about mass produced 'baking' containing colours, preservatives, hydrogenated vegetable fat and powdered egg?? It should be called a chemisty lab not a bakery! Home bakery...I think not!
Thank you!

No Carson - thank you for that insight into how a bakery is run...

This was a one off incident - and thank goodness no-one suffered any adverse reactions. I agree that there can be no excuse for anything but the highest standards when you are working with food and I'm sure the owners and staff will do all they can to ensure this never happens again.

You have no idea how hard these people work behind the scenes, the reputation of this bakery has been built up over many years and is fully deserved so facts right and mouth shut - no-one is asking you to shop there and after your comments I don't think you would be welcome anyway.

Imbecile. :roll:

Blondie
04-Mar-09, 17:17
Can honestly say I have never had any complaint whatsoever with anything I've ever bought from that bakery. Find all the staff very friendly and efficient too.

I've been going there for a lot of years now and wouldn't go anywhere else.

The previous owners were fantastic and I find the new owners very good as well.

floyed
05-Mar-09, 13:14
I have never had a problem with anything i have bought out of here. The birthday cakes are lovely also quite into hevin a breakfast mmm:D

carson
05-Mar-09, 14:22
No Carson - thank you for that insight into how a bakery is run...

This was a one off incident - and thank goodness no-one suffered any adverse reactions. I agree that there can be no excuse for anything but the highest standards when you are working with food and I'm sure the owners and staff will do all they can to ensure this never happens again.

You have no idea how hard these people work behind the scenes, the reputation of this bakery has been built up over many years and is fully deserved so facts right and mouth shut - no-one is asking you to shop there and after your comments I don't think you would be welcome anyway.

Imbecile. :roll:

I gave no insight into how to run a bakery...I wouldn't know!
All I do know is that I don't care how hard they work etc etc! If they were that good they wouldn't be selling SOUR PIES!!!

Did I say I shopped there? NO...'so facts right and mouth shut'...if I dare be so bold!!

bothyman
05-Mar-09, 15:05
I gave no insight into how to run a bakery...I wouldn't know!
All I do know is that I don't care how hard they work etc etc! If they were that good they wouldn't be selling SOUR PIES!!!

Did I say I shopped there? NO...'so facts right and mouth shut'...if I dare be so bold!!

You say they sell Sour Pies but your knowledge of this is hearsay just like everyone else.
Where is the proof as it seems the shop knows nothing about this.

There seems to be a few threads recently trying to put local businesses down is this just another one .

And this is only your 13th post too:(

Liz
05-Mar-09, 15:29
You say they sell Sour Pies but your knowledge of this is hearsay just like everyone else.

There seems to be a few threads recently trying to put local businesses down is this just another one .

Well said bothyman!

Carson everything you have said seems to be based on assumptions and not fact.
How do you know what ingredients are in MacDonalds products if you have never shopped there?

Small local businesses are having a hard enough time of it just now without all these allegations.

At the end of the day it is an 'alleged' soor pie!!! Get over it!:lol:

Mazda
05-Mar-09, 15:38
Was in Macdonalds today first class shop and nice staff.
Only one complaint Lack of goods at about 12.30 very little choice left,perhaps i should of got earlier in the day.
First class pork sausage rolls

sjr014
05-Mar-09, 21:13

Well said Bothyman! Being a regular customer of at least 10 years i have never ever had a sour pie or anything that was not to a very high standard! Keep up the good work!