PDA

View Full Version : neighbour hood watch

Bingobabe
15-Feb-06, 22:17
if you,ve read the news paper and read about the violence in henreitta street then you will understand why i am going to suggest a neighbourhood watch as a small community we should all stand together and stand up against these lowlifes who are wrecking our town its about time we all got together and did something about this if anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know we shouldnt have to be afraid in our own home these people i think you all know whom i am reffering to should not be ruling our town as they have done nothing to maintain it and the poor woman who lost her son 2 years ago gets robbed and they take things from her which can not be replaced these people are animals who have no conscience so stand up and be counted before we loose our town to villians

wickerinca
15-Feb-06, 22:19
Wish I could be there to help you bingobabe! Something needs to be done[mad] [mad]

Fran
16-Feb-06, 00:58
I started a forum on here some time ago wanting to start a neighbourhood watch in the area near to the bottom of Henrietta Street. I still get a lot of e-mails from neighbourhood watch but could not get any wick people interested. i was going to have a meeting in the boys Brigade hall but couldnt get anyone to come. such a shame.Also if you are in the scheme you get reduced house insurance. the police would have helped me to get it started, it just needs a few of us to start. in my road we all keep aneye out for each others property and cars anyway.

DW
16-Feb-06, 01:02
I think it would be cool to have your neighbour do a hood watch; because quite often it's people in hoods that do bad things anyway. ;)

ice box
16-Feb-06, 01:10
Catch them and stick the whole lot on swona let them fight between themselves just drop food parcel once a month get them out of our town thuggs.

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 01:31
im just a new member so i didnt relize that you had already tried to get a neighbourhood watch going its a shame that no one wants to get involved as it would benifit them very much i am certainly interested and i live in wick

Fran
16-Feb-06, 01:50
im just a new member so i didnt relize that you had already tried to get a neighbourhood watch going its a shame that no one wants to get involved as it would benifit them very much i am certainly interested and i live in wick

we could always try again bingobabe, what do you think???

will anyone else join us?

anyone want to join a neighbourhood watch scheme in their area?

angela5
16-Feb-06, 01:52
I remember a few years back seeing neighbourhood watch stickers in peoples windows, they seem to have disappeared.:(

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 02:03
i think its a good idea and im willing to give it a try and a few other people i know would be keen and i would soon go round a few doors and ask

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 02:04
people may change their minds now as the town has got alot worse just in the last year

abalone
16-Feb-06, 02:37
if you,ve read the news paper and read about the violence in henreitta street then you will understand why i am going to suggest a neighbourhood watch as a small community we should all stand together and stand up against these lowlifes who are wrecking our town its about time we all got together and did something about this if anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know we shouldnt have to be afraid in our own home these people i think you all know whom i am reffering to should not be ruling our town as they have done nothing to maintain it and the poor woman who lost her son 2 years ago gets robbed and they take things from her which can not be replaced these people are animals who have no conscience so stand up and be counted before we loose our town to villians

The neighbourhood I live in here in the midlands has been a neighbourhood watch area for many years and while it hasn't reduced the odd burglary it has been relatively quiet compared to other parts of the town.I live in a cul-de-sac and the problem here has been young children being allowed to run wild.They have destroyed the fences,even taken saws to them.The council had consultation with the residents and said they would put concrete fences up and paint them with anti-climb paint.The fences they have put up so far
are wooden and as the children are still congregating behind them it remains to be seen how much deterrant there is.

Moira
16-Feb-06, 02:54
we could always try again bingobabe, what do you think???

will anyone else join us?

anyone want to join a neighbourhood watch scheme in their area?

Fran - I live in the same area as you & we too look out for each others property etc. I remember you posting about this before but if you called a meeting at the BB hall - then I'm sorry - I missed this - I definitely would have attended. I'm quite often away with my work but would be interested in helping out if I can. I would think twice about getting personally involved in a street fight (I've never witnessed that here thankfully) but wouldn't hesitate to inform the police if I witnessed anything untoward in my neighbourhood.

In fact, to my extreme embarrassment, I did just that last year.
My neighbours security lights came on late at night - I knew they were away. I rushed out - stopped a passing police car (dead jammy I know - so all you non-believers - sometimes they are in the right place at the right time)They did a thorough search - only to inform me it was a moggie after a bird nesting in the eaves!! The police assured me I had done the right thing - and I consoled myself that I would have felt worse if I had ignored the incident and then found that a burglary had taken place next door.

There are probably informal arrangements like ours all over the town - in light of what's happening in the town and the posts here recently, the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme would be a start. Incidentally - does anyone know if the Community Warden's presence in the Pulteneytown area has had any positive effect on the crime rate there.

Julia
16-Feb-06, 14:01
Fran - I live in the same area as you & we too look out for each others property etc. I remember you posting about this before but if you called a meeting at the BB hall - then I'm sorry - I missed this - I definitely would have attended. I'm quite often away with my work but would be interested in helping out if I can. I would think twice about getting personally involved in a street fight (I've never witnessed that here thankfully) but wouldn't hesitate to inform the police if I witnessed anything untoward in my neighbourhood.

In fact, to my extreme embarrassment, I did just that last year.
My neighbours security lights came on late at night - I knew they were away. I rushed out - stopped a passing police car (dead jammy I know - so all you non-believers - sometimes they are in the right place at the right time)They did a thorough search - only to inform me it was a moggie after a bird nesting in the eaves!! The police assured me I had done the right thing - and I consoled myself that I would have felt worse if I had ignored the incident and then found that a burglary had taken place next door.

There are probably informal arrangements like ours all over the town - in light of what's happening in the town and the posts here recently, the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme would be a start. Incidentally - does anyone know if the Community Warden's presence in the Pulteneytown area has had any positive effect on the crime rate there.

I'd be interested in getting involved in my area

Fran
17-Feb-06, 02:47
:grin: :grin: I will get in touch with the neighbourhood watch organisation again and the police, and arrange a future meeting in the BB hall. i will get back to you all first once i haVE HEARD FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH.i have received a lot of paperwork from the organisation which is very interesting and my name has been forwarded to the police member who deals with this. he would give a talk at a meeting.

teddybear1873
17-Feb-06, 02:51
I remember a few years back seeing neighbourhood watch stickers in peoples windows, they seem to have disappeared.:(
it probebly got stolen

Chillie
17-Feb-06, 03:22
it probebly got stolen

Haha what the window or the sticker:roll:

Julia
17-Feb-06, 16:54
If anyone is seriously interested in starting a Neighbourhood Watch then why not register with

http://www.neighbourhoodwatch.net/membership/membereditor/editor.php

I have already started a group on this website, anyone interested can register under Wick (the name of the group is Wick West) that way we can all register our interest anonymously. Once enough people register from Wick or wherever else then we can take it from there.

Moira
18-Feb-06, 02:01
OK Julia - I've registered - that's 2 of us now!!