PDA

View Full Version : Violence in Henrietta street tonight

Mamabear
15-Feb-06, 21:25
An hour ago, I was walking up Henrietta St. in Wick, just passing the house that was burgled & I heard this commotion as i got closer , this man holding another one down on the ground asking him `why he`d vandalised him an someone else`s cars?
Allegedly the ned on the deck had ripped off the wing mirrors and the windscreen wipers off the car & our have-ago Hero was irate.
Then out of an entry further down the road Ned number 2 arrived with a 4 ft stick and proceded to run up to our Hero and threatened him with the stick, so the Hero backs off a bit & let Ned 1 back up off the ground and let him go, then Ned 2 warns every1 "if ye grass ,Ill kill ye All"
Before smashing the stick into the window of our Heroes car & then running off into the night.

Shocked[disgust] [mad] :mad:

talktalk
15-Feb-06, 21:28
if u had a good look them why didn't you call the police and report them ?

cuddlepop
15-Feb-06, 21:30
Just what is happening over there?.are these guys local neds?[smirk]

Mamabear
15-Feb-06, 21:32
Where does it say i didnt?
There were so many witnesses when I phoned, the police said i wouldnt need to make a statement

Mamabear
15-Feb-06, 21:34
Just what is happening over there?.are these guys local neds?[smirk]

Definately Neds of Pulteneytown, Ginger munters

JAWS
15-Feb-06, 21:34
Just shows how "brave" they are. They will now probably go running to complain how they were "picked on for doing nuffink!"

Strange thing is just how loud the brave little dears squeal when the tables are turned.

connieb19
15-Feb-06, 21:40
You're right there talk talk but the thing is even if they are charged the sentence they get is just a joke. the police are scared of them so what chance does the rest of us stand...Grrrrr[mad]

JAWS
15-Feb-06, 21:43
People have to treat it that an attack on one is an attack on all. Otherwise the Neds will just pick people off one at a time and completely take over.

Bingobabe
15-Feb-06, 21:49
we,ll i seen the whole incident it was quite scary telephoned the police it took them forever to come they came when it was all over typical told the police who they were they didnt need a statement as they had plenty of witnesses

wickerinca
15-Feb-06, 22:17
I cannot believe this is happening........I lived in Henrietta Street for 14 years and my parents for a good bit longer than that, and there was never anything like this happening. What can we do before Wick is completely taken over by these drug-infected vermin?
Hope that the Hero is ok!

landmarker
15-Feb-06, 22:24
Blimey. Suddenyl outer Manchester looks okay !
Though we had a neighbours car window broken at the back of our houses on saturday night - seemingly for the fun of it - and it had me making room in the garage to get my new second hand car inside, just in case !

Are your Northern Constabulary as seemingly innefective as the rest?

willowbankbear
15-Feb-06, 23:00
I cannot believe this is happening........I lived in Henrietta Street for 14 years and my parents for a good bit longer than that, and there was never anything like this happening. What can we do before Wick is completely taken over by these drug-infected vermin?
Hope that the Hero is ok!

Surely the Wickside got a visit fae the smackheads tonight then?? Sounds very like the deadly duo to me. Jail wouldna be any good to them ,coz they`d just pick up even more bad habits & scams "inside" id imagine.

saxovtr
15-Feb-06, 23:20
not so good

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 00:12
Surely the Wickside got a visit fae the smackheads tonight then?? Sounds very like the deadly duo to me. Jail wouldna be any good to them ,coz they`d just pick up even more bad habits & scams "inside" id imagine.

I don't know who the 'Deadly Duo' are but something needs to be done about then and not a slap on the wrists either. Bring back real policing I say!![mad]

paris
16-Feb-06, 00:23
With out going into detail again my girls were attacked in wick. We went to the police and gave a statement, was told there would be a court case for ABH .... it never happened, and we never heard anymore about it .Girls were still tormented and spat on, hair pulled etc.Trouble was we didnt really know anyone up there and felt very alone. We did do something about it though...we moved back to England. !!

unicorn
16-Feb-06, 00:23
Maybe its time for people to actually start doing something about it themselves, organising neighbourhood watch schemes and just looking out for your neighbours in general. That seems to be a big difference between years ago and now, those days long ago people would get involved and say what they saw and communities stuck together and looked after each other nowadays the common theory is I don't want to get involved. Well done to those of you who did get involved if more people were like you these vermin wouldn't have an opening because there is power in numbers if people stick together. They want easy targets that they can pick off one at a time and as a community we need to make sure we do not give them those targets if the police cannot do their jobs and make the area safer then people are gonna have to do it themselves and just inundate the police stations with any suspicious activities.

JAWS
16-Feb-06, 00:31
we,ll i seen the whole incident it was quite scary telephoned the police it took them forever to come they came when it was all over typical told the police who they were they didnt need a statement as they had plenty of witnesses
If you wish I will translate that into normal language.

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 00:37
i had alot of bother from people like these a good few years ago and was attacked on a numerous occassions if i didnt get beat up on a daily basis i thought something was wrong but they never come at you by themselves there were always gangs or tribes as i call them it got to the stage were i was a regular at the police station with one black eye or two but the police did not help me in fact it only escaLATED UNTILL one day i snapped and said enough is enough and stood up for myself and gave them a bit of what they deserve they have never bothered me since but the big problem was i got charged for self defense its a sad sad place we live in but the police wont help us we only have each other to stand up against these thugs

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 00:40
jaws what are you on about

JAWS
16-Feb-06, 00:50
jaws what are you on about
Bingobabe, I hope I'm wrong but I will translate.
"We have enough witnesses" translates as, "Stop bothering me, go away and believe that we are doing something about it. When you hear no more you will think it's been dealt with and you missed hearing about the result."

It's a standard reply to be followed later by, "Nobody came forward to say they witnessed it so we had no evidence!"

I could be wrong, but watch, wait and listen, to see what happens. In the meantime you could check with the neighbours to see if anybody was interviewed as witnesses.
If they have then I will immediately apologise for my cynical views but I'm not holding my breath in the meantime.

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Feb-06, 01:28
Compared to a lot of places elsewhere, Wick has it pretty good as far as neds and violence is concerned.

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 01:37
yes i understand were your coming from and you may possibly be right which is sad but true but all i can do is come forward and say hey i seen it and give a statement which is what i did but as you said they probarly aint interested and it makes you wonder what kind of society do we live in and why do we pay taxes

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 01:44
yes but for a small town its being over run by thugs and junkies and all the decent people who work for a living are being run out by these yobs ive lived here all my life and cant belive what is happening in this town why do people choose to ignore it when its happening on their front doors

tommy1979
16-Feb-06, 02:04
As soon as smack hit the streets of wick is was only inevitable that theft would rise drastically

junkie scum should be castrated!!!!

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 02:08
yes i belive smack is rife at the pulteney side of the town this is probarly one of the reasons that theres been quite alot of break ins in the last year alone put them all to stroma leave them there

teddybear1873
16-Feb-06, 02:11
Well i worked with the criminal justice in Wick for 7 years and smack has been on the streets for quite a few years, amongst other hard drugs

tommy1979
16-Feb-06, 02:18
Well i worked with the criminal justice in Wick for 7 years and smack has been on the streets for quite a few years, amongst other hard drugs

very true but not in the quantities and ease of availability we see now!

abalone
16-Feb-06, 02:23
I don't know what the answer is to all the violence today but as the mother of a policeman in Nottingham and a student nurse in Nottingham I wish someone would come up with solution.

tommy1979
16-Feb-06, 02:33
I don't know what the answer is to all the violence today but as the mother of a policeman in Nottingham and a student nurse in Nottingham I wish someone would come up with solution.

3 strikes (convictions) and they should be drafted into Military Service and shipped to IRAQ.

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 02:41
i doubt they would pass the medical could always use them as target practise

JAWS
16-Feb-06, 03:08
You have my deepest sympathy and concern. It cannot be easy for you at the present time, you must be worried sick. In all truth it is probably you who will suffer more than your son. He knows what he is doing at any particular time, you can only sit and wonder.
I hope the gunman is caught soon and that the same never happens again.
I can only hope also that the wounded policewoman recovers fully from her wounds.
Not all people are totally unaware or totally uncaring about the danger the Police work under in some areas.
Your daughter too is going into a job which will take a great emotional toll on her. I wish them both good luck and offer them my gratitude.

Gleber2
16-Feb-06, 03:12
There is only one answer to the problems talked about here. Big sticks are used by the Bully boys, use bigger ones. There is a handful of people creating the problems. They are known to the police and they are known by the public. There are a lot more public and Wick used to have some of the toughest fighters in the North. Get rid,by any means possible and if that means vigilanti patrols,so be it. The police can't or won't help. Accept that premise and gang up. It's your children you will be protecting. When crack hits the streets in quantity then you will know what the rising crime rate is all about.

jac1791
16-Feb-06, 10:01
am i missing something -- why is it only pultney getting blamed here -- i think its wick as a whole that is having bother with drugs !!!! correct me if i am wrong!

cuddlepop
16-Feb-06, 10:21
Its not just Wick this is happening everywhere.My oldest two know exactly who has what and where to get it,but there's a culture amongst them that wont :grass: on their :friends:Its been on Skye a while to,were lucky though as we dont have this mindless violence that seems to be attached to it.
I remember being told a few years back of an incident where the shinty boys got together and basically put the frighteners on this house;they were gone in the morning.:roll:
I dont have any answeres but like so many mothers iam frightened for my kids .My daughter wants to join the police,have i to accept she may get killed?[evil]

wicker
16-Feb-06, 10:43
I don't know who the 'Deadly Duo' are but something needs to be done about then and not a slap on the wrists either. Bring back real policing I say!![mad]

am i right in thinking they would peewees and poodles

krieve
16-Feb-06, 10:45
no you are right jac1791 of course it is not pultney the wick side is just as bad along with every other place in caithness it does not just happen in wick and thurso I am sure most people are aware who the druggies and the dealers are.

obiron
16-Feb-06, 12:56
before wicker mentioned those two names thats who i thought it was. if it wasnt id be very surprised. pair of troublemakers.

erli
16-Feb-06, 13:10
It's a sad state of affairs, everyone knows who is doing the break-ins and causing all the trouble, but nothing is done.
About a year and a half ago, a shop close to me was broken into so I phoned the police, I saw who did it and gave the police their name. This person was known to the police and they were not surprised. Anyway, a few weeks later I got a phonecall from the PC telling me that the accused have an alibi for that night. I could not beleive my ears. I saw him smash the window and break in and knew fine who it was. We are being encouraged to report crime, and when you do, nothing is done, it's a joke.

wicker
16-Feb-06, 13:15
Its cos the cops are probably scared by these 2 and their cousins, wouldnt suprise me if they arent the police informants for things and thats why they get away with everything

obiron
16-Feb-06, 13:17
thats my thoughts too wicker.

Julia
16-Feb-06, 13:42
Let get it started! I'm up for it.

It would be beneficial for everyone, so come on, let's get something organised.

paris
16-Feb-06, 13:52
Even i remember thoes 2 when i lived up in lybster, they were always in the village causing trouble. Thought they would of been banged up by now.

Mamabear
16-Feb-06, 14:37
[quote=wicker]am i right in thinking they would peewees and poodles[/
quote]

Almost right sir,
Weewees ,[mad]
wow his mammy liked him eh?:roll: & PutPut the jailbird junkie. I wont use 1st names this time , ill let others do it for me [evil]

nevis
16-Feb-06, 14:57
i had alot of bother from people like these a good few years ago and was attacked on a numerous occassions if i didnt get beat up on a daily basis i thought something was wrong but they never come at you by themselves there were always gangs or tribes as i call them it got to the stage were i was a regular at the police station with one black eye or two but the police did not help me in fact it only escaLATED UNTILL one day i snapped and said enough is enough and stood up for myself and gave them a bit of what they deserve they have never bothered me since but the big problem was i got charged for self defense its a sad sad place we live in but the police wont help us we only have each other to stand up against these thugs

Bingobabe, you said you got charged wth self defense, did it go as far as court and if so what was the out come.

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 16:56
yes it went to court i got charged and a fine thanks to th criminal justice system i have a record because i stood up for myself typical the ones who provoke you always seem to walk away laughing they beat up 4 of my mates and had witnesses but they got away with it

krieve
16-Feb-06, 18:01
What a suprise that is the ones that attack you several times get nothing and you stick up for yourself and its you that gets charged. The police up here are a total joke.

The police are scared of "that lot" that are always in trouble I don't think i need to mention any names cause everyone know's who i am refering to .It's always them in trouble time after time and the courts say if i see you back in court again i will have no choice but to impose a custodial sentance then who is back in court the next week and do they get sent down no lmao total and utter joke.

motopitcrew
16-Feb-06, 18:01
Talking to the police is useless. I had my windscreen and my headlight smashed by a girl whilst her father looked on and in full view of myself and a dozen or so witnesses. needless to say i was a bit upset about this so i contacted the police who came a week later and charged me with breach of the peace. you will never get justice as the police live out of the pockets of these criminals and drug dealers. its easier to pray on the victem

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 18:07
I don't know what to say.......I didn't know that it was getting so bad[mad]

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 19:02
yes this town is curupt you work hard pay your taxes and scumball comes along smashes your belongins steals your stuff and beats you up you call the police and what gets done absoultley nothing so the scumballs getaway with it yet again this is such a familar occurence when will the decent people have there day will justice ever be sereved start a vigilantie and we would be the ones who would get charged as we have more to loose than these scumballs what really makes my blood boil is not many of them seem to work yet there driving about in fancy cars sitting in there house way plasma tvs its a sickner but we all know where there money comes from[evil] [evil] [evil] [evil]

krieve
16-Feb-06, 19:09
spot on bingobabe we know how they make there money and the police do but they are to scared to do anything about it.

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 19:26
One of the bobbies kept on getting his tyres slashed and car scratched..what does he do????? Move from his home!!! What reassurance does this give the rest of us?? As I said earlier, even if these folk are caught, the police are either too scared to do anythig or if when they are brought to court they get off with it anyway!!! [mad] [mad]

Yvonne
16-Feb-06, 19:46
Too true, Bingobabe :confused

Snoopy
16-Feb-06, 21:21
if u had a good look them why didn't you call the police and report them ?I know these people it was done to, and a big ....DAH....for you!! They are not stupid people and have a very hard time of things lately!! Don't you know the family from HELL in Wick???? If I was you I'd find out, coz maybe next time it'll be you who walks into your house and finds perpetraitors in your house....Let's see if you could fend them off eh?...especially if they had a 4ft stick...Yeah, of course you would have enough time to call the police, RIGHT... BRING THE DEASTIE'S (BEASTIE@S) DOWN ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!

Mamabear
16-Feb-06, 21:49
You cant talk about the pillars of the wick social society like that Snoopy, Dont you know the things this lovely family do for our community??

Charity work , social work , physical work , cleaning ,etc..............................?????

BUMP!!!!!!!!!

Ill let you guys re-arrange this post into a more truthful perception of how you see the above post :p :Razz :grin:

krieve
16-Feb-06, 21:51
charity work will be community service

Snoopy
16-Feb-06, 21:57
You cant talk about the pillars of the wick social society like that Snoopy, Dont you know the things this lovely family do for our community??

Charity work , social work , physical work , cleaning ,etc..............................?????

BUMP!!!!!!!!!

Ill let you guys re-arrange this post into a more truthful perception of how you see the above post :p :Razz :grin: Also break peoples windows, doors, etc.... Ha Ha to them, I think we should stand as a community, and get them removed from Wick once and for all....for the better of Wick people!! Send them to the island STYROMA....there's not much for them to steal then eh?...

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 22:05
Think that we are having a bit of a mix-up here!! talktalk was asking mamabear if she had called the police about the two yobbos beating on the guy who was complaining about his car getting damaged and not about the break-in....is that right?..............and Snoopy started off talking about the people who got broken into...right?
Then the family from hell are the ones behind all of these criminal activities and they include pee-pee or wee-wee and put-put...or whatever their names are.........and these are the ones that mamabear was talking about in her last post?

Why doesn't someone contact the News of the World or the Record or whatever would be a good paper for it, and tell them about the police being frightened to sort these "can't thing of a bad enough word to describe them that I would be allowed to post on here - bad people" out?

Snoopy
16-Feb-06, 22:18
Think that we are having a bit of a mix-up here!! talktalk was asking mamabear if she had called the police about the two yobbos beating on the guy who was complaining about his car getting damaged and not about the break-in....is that right?..............and Snoopy started off talking about the people who got broken into...right?
Then the family from hell are the ones behind all of these criminal activities and they include pee-pee or wee-wee and put-put...or whatever their names are.........and these are the ones that mamabear was talking about in her last post?

Why doesn't someone contact the News of the World or the Record or whatever would be a good paper for it, and tell them about the police being frightened to sort these "can't thing of a bad enough word to describe them that I would be allowed to post on here - bad people" out?
I was pointing out to people in Wick, that it's not as easy to leave your door open at all..ANY TIME, because the people who are destucting WICK, cannot be trusted nowadays. I am not going on about "YEARS" ago.... but we were brought up by"NOT STEALING"..... need I bore you any longer...NO!

willowbankbear
16-Feb-06, 22:26
Social work- Drinking all the money they conned oot the D.S.S in Social places, Work-being whose house to rob next !!

Sad but true

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 22:28
Social work- Drinking all the money they conned oot the D.S.S in Social places, Work-being whose house to rob next !!

Sad but trueAnd dressed from head to toe in the most expensive designer gear.....[mad]

willowbankbear
16-Feb-06, 22:34
And dressed from head to toe in the most expensive designer gear.....[mad]

Diamond studded Balaclavas:p :p

Physical work- Giving out kickings& holding up village post offices:Razz

Snoopy
16-Feb-06, 22:53
And dressed from head to toe in the most expensive designer gear.....[mad]....Obviously... they are in the Governments hands.... they look after the numpties!!! What can we do....NOTHING!!!....Tony Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 23:16
I was pointing out to people in Wick, that it's not as easy to leave your door open at all..ANY TIME, because the people who are destucting WICK, cannot be trusted nowadays. I am not going on about "YEARS" ago.... but we were brought up by"NOT STEALING"..... need I bore you any longer...NO!

Excuse me but this post is rude and uncalled for!
It was you that quoted talk talk at the start and appeared to be having a go at her for some reason!

It does appear that people in Wick know not to leave their doors unlocked and I did get that point, but why the reference to "YEARS" ago. What does that have to do with anything?
Also the "brought up by "NOT STEALING"" quip.

Did I accuse anyone of stealing.......or you of boring me?....and please stop shouting at me.......I am quite literate.

squidge
16-Feb-06, 23:46
I know exactly who you are talking about and i had a run in with them three years ago when one of them was bothering my lad. I was gobby enough to be able to stand up to them - so much so that they always turned and walked the other way whenever they saw me. They are of course older and probably more sure of themselves these days but they are bullies and bullies are often cowards. The police should be made to deal with them properly and if i was you i would organise a meeting and invite the chief inspector at Wick to come along and explain what is going on. If the police fail in their duty then you have a route to complain - make sure you do. often and loudly

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 23:56
so many people have tried reporting them to the police its a never ending cycle sadly i used to stand my ground with them and not back down and still would but they could easily be carrying a knife what chance have you then because i wouldnt put it past them to do it :confused:

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 23:58
so many people have tried reporting them to the police its a never ending cycle sadly i used to stand my ground with them and not back down and still would but they could easily be carrying a knife what chance have you then because i wouldnt put it past them to do it :confused:You're right there bingobabe..they're bad to the bone, I wouldn't put anything past them..[mad]

Bingobabe
17-Feb-06, 00:05
one of my friends actually had a knife pulled on her about a year ago by the same sort o crew this person tried to drag her down an alley and stab her but thankfully she got away she took of and ran to the police what did the police do sent her a counciler and the person that did it got a slap on the wrist and got away with it. it didnt even go to court as the person who did it pleaded insanity but this person knew exactly what they were doing

connieb19
17-Feb-06, 00:07
one of my friends actually had a knife pulled on her about a year ago by the same sort o crew this person tried to drag her down an alley and stab her but thankfully she got away she took of and ran to the police what did the police do sent her a counciler and the person that did it got a slap on the wrist and got away with it. it didnt even go to court as the person who did pleaded insanity but this person knew exactly what they were doingNo wonder folk have no confidece in the police in Wick..:mad:

JAWS
17-Feb-06, 01:10
There is a cure for pleas of insanity.

"You will be confined in a secure mental institution until such time as you are considered cured. At that point in time you will be taken to Her Majesties Prison where you will commence your full sentence!"

I will guarantee the number if criminals suffering insanity will be reduced 100 fold over night!

Bingobabe
17-Feb-06, 01:15
yes its kinda funny they all suddenly go a little bit mental when you mention court but i think they have always been nuts

Gleber2
17-Feb-06, 02:20
I know of the people being talked about here but is it not true to say that they are only a few among many and by no manner of means the only culprits.

wickerinca
17-Feb-06, 04:28
I don't know who they are talking about but I get the feeling that there are a couple fo ringleaders with a bit of a following.

It would be sensible to arrange a meeting with the highest ranking officer in Wick and see what he has to say about the situation.....but you need to organise yourselves and get a couple of spokespersons sorted out. As I said before there is always the media but you have to put forward a sensible case and have times, dates and witnesses.

Sometimes you just have to take a stand.........I wish I could be there to help:(

K dragon
17-Feb-06, 05:22
just thought i would add, that this sort of thing happens in thurso too.

my friends who live behind...directly behind...the police station had neds or chavs or whatever you want to call them, smash in the front door, and the windows, during this the poilce were called THREE times and arrived an HOUR later.

jump to end of story......didnt go to court...nothing was done.

i myself was in a fight, i tried to restrain the drunken bully who was attacking a stranger (a friend) and he turned on me...we scuffled and fought and i had to desperatley resort to choking him out. (self defence training) but during the fight he gouged my eye, i now have lost full usuage of my right eye, and i am short sighted to begin with!

the police station was not two minutes away, the police took twenty minutes to arrive, even though the fight took place in plain sight of a street camera, and even though i have a scar on my eye and lost the full usage...nothing was done. no one charged, no court.....NO JUSTICE.

connieb19
17-Feb-06, 09:48
yes its kinda funny they all suddenly go a little bit mental when you mention court but i think they have always been nutsI don't think they're nuts at all...They just know how to work the system..[mad]

obiron
17-Feb-06, 12:41
they do ken how to work it. heard that they go out trinkie road and threaten to throw themselves off cliffs. if i saw that i would be the one shouting jump. makes me sound terrible. ken they wouldnt jump is all threats.

wicker
17-Feb-06, 13:06
Aye i mind when one of them threatened to jump and the mother went out and said well go on then do it, nice eh

nevis
17-Feb-06, 13:41
SEe that the local rag mentions two males have appeared in court one remended in custody and the other given bail with a curfew. It sounds as if it was the two that this thread is about.

If it is then the police must have got them cause they wouldn't give them self's up would they.

Lets just hope the court do their job correctly now, as the police have done theirs.

nevis
17-Feb-06, 14:23
I would agree that a neighbour watch may be a good idea.

But a better idea would be this.

The government allow everyday members of the public to join the police in their fight against the criminals, it is called a Special Constable.
By reading all the threads in this if only 50% of you involved in this thread applied to be Special Constable’s then Caithness would be the Safest place in Scotland to live. Because you are not afraid of the neds, you know how they all are and you can show the police how to do their job correctly.

If you require an application form them I am sure you can just call in at the local cop shop and ask about it or get an application form.

It is easy for anyone to back stab others, in this case the police in general, behind a screen name. I am sure that the police and staff in Sommerfields are only just a few that I have recently read about and that some of these people must have read these threads. I am sure they wouldn’t be very happy
So why don’t some of you do something constructive instead of just typing about it.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t agree with what the police and or the court system do all the time and there is always going to be bad stories as well as good ones. But when things do go wrong the police are the ones we almost always call.

The police and the courts have been given their powers of arrest and sentencing by the government and these laws etc have been designed and asked for by the people that represent us, these are MP and MSP’S so the real people we need to tackle to change the laws of the land and to give the police the power to lock up people and throw away the without evidence is the MP’s and MSP,S.

I love Caithness and it’s people but we all need to work together against the bad element and not slag off the ones that are trying!

Bingobabe
17-Feb-06, 14:41
thats just awful that you lost sight in one eye and no one was punished typical

Bingobabe
17-Feb-06, 14:48
to gleber2 yes we know that it isnt just them its there large familys there all some how related im surprised they dont have two heads if you know what i mean

willowbankbear
17-Feb-06, 19:58
It would be sensible to arrange a meeting with the highest ranking officer in Wick and see what he has to say about the situation.....but you need to organise yourselves and get a couple of spokespersons sorted out. As I said before there is always the media but you have to put forward a sensible case and have times, dates and witnesses.

Is this not what the PPP was partly created for?

wickerinca
17-Feb-06, 21:38

Is this not what the PPP was partly created for?

What is the PPP? And has anybody contacted this PPP about the problem and made their concerns known?

tigger
17-Feb-06, 21:41
First of all i would like to add what has stroma done to deserve these down and outs????????????

Right with you there snoopy we should drive them out our town they get off with far to much............(SCUM)

We have to stand up to these louts who do they think they are walking along bridge street like they have a bad case of rickets.................jail is to good for them we need rid

tigger
17-Feb-06, 21:54
word on the street is wee wees is on remand and bum chum put put is missing him at bad hes wanting to go on remand and join him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so lock your doors put your cars in garages cause somone will be getting done
as put put misses his bad time bud

maybe we should send them a soap on a rope with a 250volt charge in it

Bingobabe
17-Feb-06, 22:08
put put allegedly broke his curfew last night so yer correct by the sounds\of it Tigger, He wants to be with his immaculately spotlessly clean chum ,Wee-Wees!:p
Maybe they can use the soap on a rope to wash each others backs eh??
"Dont drop the soap put-put". :evil

Fran
18-Feb-06, 02:24
think your wrong there Nevis, one was a 16year olfd from thurso, the other a man from lybster, neither are from wick.

Venture
18-Feb-06, 08:59
No Fran Nevis is right with his information. It states in the Groat it was an incident on Wednesday night involving vandalism to a car.

Bingobabe
18-Feb-06, 09:51
this thread is about two lowlifes from wick not two attempted murderers from the either side of the county ,i should know i seen it happen on wenesday night :roll: :roll: :roll:

hails4
18-Feb-06, 11:48
i cant believe you are slagging these people off!! fair enough they've maybe been off wrong doing but slagging them off on the internet where it can be viewed by everyone isn't ideal! its asking for trouble, we all have our own opinons but i would seriously sugest that you keep them to yourselve's and not display them on here!

krieve
18-Feb-06, 12:10
Why can't you believe it hails4? they terrorize wick why should we have to take it would you be happy if your car was getting vandalised or your house broken into.
I don't think you would be happy we as a community have taken this for to long of these people why should we hard working tax payers put up with it .
It make me mad houses get broken into shops, post offices, cars vandalised and all because these people think its fun ,a laugh do you see us laughing i think not.

Bingobabe
18-Feb-06, 12:35
hail4 what right have you to judge us these people that we are reffering to have broken into a persons house stealing sentimental items that can not be replaced we have a right to express our thoughts and so what if we put it on the internet they have done alot worse you must be as imoral as them if you stand by what they do on a daily basis for example beating up people for no reason stealing presents from under christmas trees do i really need to go on

meandhim
18-Feb-06, 12:39
Krieve, I think you have picked up hails4 wrong.......

I am assuming that what they are saying is if you actually put names to the people you are slagging off (as has been done here), you are setting yourself up for being their next target.

These issues are very real to all of us.... gone are the days of going anywhere and leaving your door open, and more and more neighbours are 'keeping themselves to themselves', we are at a point now of living in fear to a certain extent. I speak from experience, my car was stolen and burnt out a couple of years ago, and no one was ever brought to justice.

The neighbourhood watch scheme sounds good, in theory at least, but what puzzles me (and this is only my own personal opinion), is that the police seem to know damn fine who causes all this mayhem but seem unable to do anything about it??!! This is Wick when all said and done...

krieve
18-Feb-06, 13:39
No meandhim i did'nt pick hails4 up wrong what i was saying was how can't she believe it that they are getting slagged of. Sorry if was'nt clear enough but that is what i was meaning. I have never mentioned any names there is no need to everyone knows who the trouble makers are.

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 13:58
i cant believe you are slagging these people off!! fair enough they've maybe been off wrong doing but slagging them off on the internet where it can be viewed by everyone isn't ideal! its asking for trouble, we all have our own opinons but i would seriously sugest that you keep them to yourselve's and not display them on here!

The only time 1 of these guys see a computer is when there nicking it:Razz

What do you suggest we all do about it then hails4????? Im sick of them harrassing folk in Wick, Its a major problem now that isnt going away-so what do we do?????

hails4
18-Feb-06, 18:03
imoral as them? did i say it was ok? meandhim is on the same wavelength i was merely suggesting naming and shaming in such a small community can be a regret if you do so then you have to KNOW you are right, if you name the wrong person then hey your the one who has to deal with it, I do think what they are doing is wrong but sitting here making gossip doesnt make the problems go away, every one here says "hey do this, hey do that" do they i'd persume NO! alot of people are lucky however they have there nicknames on this thread to hide behind, because i guarentee if your real name was displayed you wouldnt be putting half of this up...

wicker
18-Feb-06, 18:48
imoral as them? did i say it was ok? meandhim is on the same wavelength i was merely suggesting naming and shaming in such a small community can be a regret if you do so then you have to KNOW you are right, if you name the wrong person then hey your the one who has to deal with it, I do think what they are doing is wrong but sitting here making gossip doesnt make the problems go away, every one here says "hey do this, hey do that" do they i'd persume NO! alot of people are lucky however they have there nicknames on this thread to hide behind, because i guarentee if your real name was displayed you wouldnt be putting half of this up...

The names that has been put on here has been the people doing it, it was in the paper on friday with their proper names, all that has been put on here is their nicknames.
We have a right to discuss who is wrecking our town and talk about different options with it, not as if we have made threats to them, yes we are all hiding behind nicknames, they hide behind their gangs.
If you dont wish to partake in the conversation about it and whats happen dont reply and look the other way

JAWS
18-Feb-06, 18:55
I hesitate to mention the fact that that I know of a little girl, who's hair I will not mention, who is in the habit of stealing food off a family of bears and vandalising their home.
I would ask that, as posters discuss this matter, they would please take care not to mention her name of any details of her hair in case people become aware of her identity.

I think this would be totally unfair to her as she might read it and become distressed. Further to that it might lead more people to become aware of her behaviour and then to know what to expect from her if they see her in their area.

I refuse to name her as I am cowering behind my Orger Alias and I have no wish to be unfair the "sweet little girl" involved and might damage her reputation.
Besides, I am too cowardly to identify myself in case she extracts retribution and steals my porridge!

If I have offended anyone who knows this little girl personally then I am sorry to have mentioned the problem and did not intend to distress them.

I have been to Dock Green Police Station but PC (I leave it to you to decide which of the two meanings those initials mean) Dixon told me I was not suitable. It seems I have a preconceived and erroneous impression of people who commit criminal acts and that by wishing to prevent such acts and see the people involved being punished, even by the Due Process of Law, is no longer acceptable in a Civilised 21st Century Country.
As I left, I'm sure I heard someone mutter "Criminalist Swine!" Ah well, I suppose such accusations are standard abuse nowadays. (Never mind, I've had worse than that hurled at me!)

Such beliefs are no longer allowed as it creates the unfair Criminalisation of Wrong-doers and unfairly labels them, setting them apart from mainstream society!

wickerinca
18-Feb-06, 18:55
With out going into detail again my girls were attacked in wick. We went to the police and gave a statement, was told there would be a court case for ABH .... it never happened, and we never heard anymore about it .Girls were still tormented and spat on, hair pulled etc.Trouble was we didnt really know anyone up there and felt very alone. We did do something about it though...we moved back to England. !!

Oh paris...I am sorry for what happened to your girls. That is terrible! I must have missed this post the first time round.
It is a shame that there was no-one you could turn to!:~(

wickerinca
18-Feb-06, 19:07
I hesitate to mention the fact that that I know of a little girl, who's hair I will not mention, who is in the habit of stealing food off a family of bears and vandalising their home.
I would ask that, as posters discuss this matter, they would please take care not to mention her name of any details of her hair in case people become aware of her identity.

I think this would be totally unfair to her as she might read it and become distressed. Further to that it might lead more people to become aware of her behaviour and then to know what to expect from her if they see her in their area.

I refuse to name her as I am cowering behind my Orger Alias and I have no wish to be unfair the "sweet little girl" involved and might damage her reputation.
Besides, I am too cowardly to identify myself in case she extracts retribution and steals my porridge!

If I have offended anyone who knows this little girl personally then I am sorry to have mentioned the problem and did not intend to distress them.

I have been to Dock Green Police Station but PC (I leave it to you to decide which of the two meanings those initials mean) Dixon told me I was not suitable. It seems I have a preconceived and erroneous impression of people who commit criminal acts and that by wishing to prevent such acts and see the people involved being punished, even by the Due Process of Law, is no longer acceptable in a Civilised 21st Century Country.
As I left, I'm sure I heard someone mutter "Criminalist Swine!" Ah well, I suppose such accusations are standard abuse nowadays. (Never mind, I've had worse than that hurled at me!)

Such beliefs are no longer allowed as it creates the unfair Criminalisation of Wrong-doers and unfairly labels them, setting them apart from mainstream society!

Excellent work Jaws;) ..

....and hails4 let me assure you that if I was in Wick I would certainly be doing the things that I have suggested. No-one seems to be making a move on any of it....but I am coming over in April!!
And as for me hiding behind my orger name...........Well we will see if I still hide behind it when I go to the papers with this terrorisation story and the lack of Police involvement! I would have to go and talk to the Officer - in - charge at Wick Police Station in case they have a reasonable explanation for their dilly-dallying..but if they don't.........! And I still don't know what this PPP is? Will somebody put me out of my misery? Please?

Venture
18-Feb-06, 19:27
Dont like to gossip but couldn't help but overhear people talking this afternoon about another daylight break in yesterday at lunchtime by you know who. This time the owners caught them red handed in the house and have supposedly been arrested. Also heard there was a sort of demo outside the camps last night aimed at the "notorious baddies" who were drinking inside. Has anybody else heard about this.

wicker
18-Feb-06, 19:31
Excellent work Jaws;) ..

....and hails4 let me assure you that if I was in Wick I would certainly be doing the things that I have suggested. No-one seems to be making a move on any of it....but I am coming over in April!!
And as for me hiding behind my orger name...........Well we will see if I still hide behind it when I go to the papers with this terrorisation story and the lack of Police involvement! I would have to go and talk to the Officer - in - charge at Wick Police Station in case they have a reasonable explanation for their dilly-dallying..but if they don't.........! And I still don't know what this PPP is? Will somebody put me out of my misery? Please?

I think it stands for pultneytowns peoples project or something along those lines

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 19:32
Excellent work Jaws;) ..
.........! And I still don't know what this PPP is? Will somebody put me out of my misery? Please?

Pultney Peoples Project = PPP, I seem to remember it was formed by angry residents in Pultneytown, who were as now, totally fed up with their property being burgled, damaged,or being hassled by certain members of the public
It has been successful in othe r aspects ie-helping folk get their lives back on track with support workers, trips for kids,A lot of good work for the community in other words & I applaud them for that of course.

Im sure others on this board can add some things to what the PPP does for me, but this is a general view of mine

JAWS
18-Feb-06, 19:33
Wickerinca, all you would get from the Police would be a load of Crime Statistics, Arrest Rates and Convictions to show how well they have done.

What they will not tell you is that the Home Office has reclassified what constitutes a "Crime".
All you do is change the criteria by raising the level of sentence which can be given for an offence so that it called a "Crime" and all that fall below that are no longer listed as "Crimes".

To clarify, and I know from experience that giving examples on here is fatal, the method is simple (Years and figures are not accurate but are only to show the method)
2004 - All incidents attracting a Sentence of 3 years or more will be listed as Crime.
2005 - All incidents attracting a Sentence of 5 years or more will be listed as Crime.

Suddenly all those incidents previously classed as Crime which attracted a sentence of between 3 and 5 year Prison Sentences have been made to disappear.
"Look how we have reduced Crime in the last twelve months! Haven't we done well!" Simple really, it costs nothing and requires no effort.
Of course, no Politician would ever do such a thing, would they? And I'm sure nobody in the Police would go along with such behaviour!

Warning!!
You must make allowance for my very out of touch and tainted view of how things work! After all, I don't live in the real world, I just invent things so I can misrepresent them on the Board.

erli
18-Feb-06, 19:37
Excellent work Jaws;) ..

PPP are Pulteneytown Peoples Project, They were set up a few years ago to help make the Pulteney area a better place to live.

Gleber2
18-Feb-06, 21:18
Warning!!
You must make allowance for my very out of touch and tainted view of how things work! After all, I don't live in the real world, I just invent things so I can misrepresent them on the Board.

This statement if not worthy of you Jaws.

ice box
18-Feb-06, 21:28
PPP are Pulteneytown Peoples Project, They were set up a few years ago to help make the Pulteney area a better place to live.
And that is what it's doing keep the good work up :)

JAWS
18-Feb-06, 23:04
This statement if not worthy of you Jaws.
Sorry, Gleber2, I'm just feeling a little touchy tonight. :(
It won't last, and very soon I will return to my normal, totally unfeeling, uncaring, abusive self. :grin:

cuddlepop
18-Feb-06, 23:35
No Jaws dont i like you just the way you are...... totaly unconventional..... i prefer animals too....:grin:

Bill Fernie
19-Feb-06, 17:23
Here at Caithness.org we have been contacted by the local police station in Wick regarding comments that some people have witnessed crimes and that statements might not be required. This is definitely not the case.

In particular with regard to the Henrietta Street incident the police will definitely be interested in further information and statements.

If anyone saw anything in connection with recent crimes they should contact their local police station. In connection with incidents mentioned on this thread contact Wick police station -

01955 603551 Detective Sergeant Andy Logan - Wick Police Station

If he is not in then please leave a message and he will make arrangements to have statements noted.

Bill Fernie said "As a community we will only get to grips with crime by ensuring the police have all the information they can get. As a victim recently of house breaking I sympathise with everyone who has had a crime committed agsint them or their family. As far as I am concerned these crimes hit us all in the long run. If we wll act together and ensure the police are given all the help they need we will get to grips with crime. This has to be partnership with the community working with the people we pay to do a difficult job"

"No matter what the crime or the information anyone has it may be crucial to stop it happening again to someone else - maybe yourself or someone you know."

If anyone knows something about the crimes mentioned in this thread or indeed any others give the information to the police and let's help get crime in Caithness sorted out.

A quick call to 01955 603551 Detective Sergeant Andy Logan - Wick Police Station might save something happening again and again.

Bill Fernie

wickerinca
19-Feb-06, 23:14
Thanks Bill

Although I do agree with jaws to a certain extent about the spin that governments and other bodies put on Statistics.....................you still have to follow certain procedures if you want to do something about the crime in Wick...........and I include Poulteney in Wick (never 100% sure of the correct spelling:confused: )

I think that the Neighbourhood Watch is an excellent scheme and it gives you a collective voice for taking your concerns to the police. Fran, Julia and whoever else is keen on getting the scheme in place...go for it...but contact the PPP and the police and tell them what you want to do. To have them backing you will be of benefit. You should also go and meet with the Sargeant named above and make him aware that there is a lack of confidence in the Police and their handling of these ......gangs I suppose.
Let the police know that you are there to help but that you need them to follow up on reported instances. Contact your local councillors too.and let them know what you are doing.
That way..............if you don't get the help and co-operation that is needed to sort out these people you can take steps to make the problem known on a wider scale....but you have to give the police the message that you want this matter dealt with.

The community that I live in has recently joined up with Neighbourhood Watch scheme. A family of rather undesirables have moved into our neighbourhood and was causing concern on several fronts. The local police have been made aware of the goings-on at their house and they have also been informed of some other problems that are plaguing the residents here. They were more than helpful once we had a couple of meetings with them and sorted out what we expected of them......and they of us! We now have a much more visible police presence and the "Undesirables" are under surveillance. I chair the Homeowners Association and have been actively involved in this process and let me assure you that it has been worth the hassle of going through all of thehoops.

I wish you luck in your efforts and please keep us in the link!!

JAWS
19-Feb-06, 23:42
No Jaws dont i like you just the way you are...... totaly unconventional..... i prefer animals too....:grin:
Cheers cuddlepop, I'm back to my normal evil self. :o

Gleber2
19-Feb-06, 23:47
Cheers cuddlepop, I'm back to my normal evil self. :o

Did you have to trawl the internet to unearth that useless piece of information also?"He who shall not be named" has you well sussed! Or is he completely wrong. No doubt I'll get a knock on the knuckles for this post as well. Tant pis!!!

JAWS
20-Feb-06, 00:03
Did you have to trawl the internet to unearth that useless piece of information also?"He who shall not be named" has you well sussed! Or is he completely wrong. No doubt I'll get a knock on the knuckles for this post as well. Tant pis!!!
Even I get confused about me.
I once said, "Will the real me stand up please." and nobody moved! :roll:

JAWS
20-Feb-06, 00:23
After Bill's post it would seem to me that I owe Wick Police an apology. (Don't panic, just give the person who fainted a whiff of smelling salts and keep them calm, they'll soon recover)

To be fair to them, there is often a huge gap between "Knowing" who is bang at it and being able to "prove" the fact.
It is often the case that everybody knows who has committed some crime or other, and quite often they are right.
The problem arises because justice demands, quite reasonably, that the fact is proved beyond a "Reasonable Doubt" and being able to do that is often the most difficult part.
The more information the greater the chance of removing that "Reasonable Doubt".

Sometimes all it needs to put somebody off getting up to doing something is a polite, "Cold out tonight, isn't it." or some similar pleasant comment.
It lets them know they have been seen and tied to a time and place and the more people who do it the better it is.

The thought that they might just have the finger pointed at them can be very off putting.

Mark Twain once made the observation that, "Conscience is the feeling that someone, somewhere, might just be watching you."
And how true it is.

wickerinca
20-Feb-06, 01:50
Good post Jaws...just managed to pick myself up of the floor!!:lol:

I think that the police needs to be made aware of the lack of faith that a lot of Wickers seem to have in them. They can't fix it if the don't know that it is broken

willowbankbear
20-Feb-06, 11:02
Even I get confused about me.
I once said, "Will the real me stand up please." and nobody moved! :roll:

Are ye Marshall Mathers (Eminem) in disguise Jaws??? hahahahaha ROFL
:Razz :Razz :Razz

JAWS
20-Feb-06, 13:01
Are ye Marshall Mathers (Eminem) in disguise Jaws??? hahahahaha ROFL
:Razz :Razz :Razz
I decline to answer that question on the grounds it might tend to incriminate me. :evil

Abdullah
20-Feb-06, 23:25
Why don't you, get to know your neighbours and ask for their help in making your neighbourhood a safer place to live and walk and create a neighbourhood advocacy group. Neighbourhood organizations, through their activities, can help neighbourhoods rebuild social control and increase accountability for the actions of residents and their children.
Take advantage of "safety in numbers" to hold group activities to show you are determined to drive out crime and drugs.
Don't be shy about letting your police or council officials, business groups, or other organizations know what your neighbourhood needs. Churches as well as private businesses and schools can be recruited to help combat crime and recruit volunteers for neighbourhood-based programs.

A well-organized neighbourhood wields powerful influence when addressing the needs and problems of local residents. This needs to be accomplished in a positive and constructive manner. A group of organized citizens are more likely to get a response from the police and council than one or two individuals.

Also, why not build a partnership with the local police, focused on solving problems instead of reacting to crises. Input from the community provides important opportunities to learn of criminal activity, which increases the likelihood of an arrest. There is also little doubt that community policing has a sizable impact on suppressing some crimes by developing community ties to identify problems before they become crimes and obtaining critical intelligence information on potential or actual crimes. An informed, organized, and involved community can work with police to identify and implement solutions to community problems.

Townsfolk should be able to report suspicious activity or crimes without fear of retaliation. This can be accomplished by using a system of anonymous tips to the police and by making sure the criminals are fairly punished.

Finaly, and I know these people are criminals, apportioning blame for every crime that happens on one particular family who may incidently be innocent of that particular crime is not going to help and may result in people trying to take the law into their own hands and meting out their own punishments, sounds good, not in a civilised society.

Fran
21-Feb-06, 03:08
No Fran Nevis is right with his information. It states in the Groat it was an incident on Wednesday night involving vandalism to a car.

sorry....i thought Nevis was on about the two in court for attempted murder.

katarina
21-Feb-06, 10:53
It's a sad state of affairs, everyone knows who is doing the break-ins and causing all the trouble, but nothing is done.
About a year and a half ago, a shop close to me was broken into so I phoned the police, I saw who did it and gave the police their name. This person was known to the police and they were not surprised. Anyway, a few weeks later I got a phonecall from the PC telling me that the accused have an alibi for that night. I could not beleive my ears. I saw him smash the window and break in and knew fine who it was. We are being encouraged to report crime, and when you do, nothing is done, it's a joke.

Sad fact erli, but you saw them. you are only one person. Six of their family swear blind they were with them at the time. six against one - see the problem? Pity you didn't have a camera handy.

katarina
21-Feb-06, 11:09
Good idea, but, we still have a comparatively low crime rate. Almost every crime is dicussed on here. Henrietta street for instance. the pet shop was broken into a couple of years back. A few cars have been scratched, and now this latest sickening break in and then the other squirmish mentioned.
Now all in all, I think over that period of time, the neighbourhood watch would become pretty complacent if not bored.
It's true drug intack is increasing. A few have mentioned on another thread that the answer would be to legalise them. I think all that would achieve would be to cut out the drug barons, on the other side, we would have druggies shooting up in the market square on an afternoon (not good). they would still need increasing amounts of money to feed their habit, hence how would this cut down crime?
I don't know anything about the incident where the lone bobby was attack, but if it was by the well known petrol sniffer, then the man is mentally ill and there's not a lot that will be done to him.
It's the others who know well what they are up to we need to stop
And NOW before it gets any worse.