PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Rhythm In Yer Soul?

wifie
26-Feb-09, 10:31
La Bamba has just come on the radio and even tho I am in a fairly stinkin mood just now I am indulgin in chair dancin! I cannot resist a good tune whether it is hummin, singin or dancin! How about you?

honey
26-Feb-09, 10:36
i love dancing. I think its in my blood. I used to go to salsa classes and really miss it now, but im like you, a good song comes on and i have to dance....

Im going to the ballet tonight... ill have to resist joining them on stage!!

wifie
26-Feb-09, 10:37
Oh what ya goin to see Honey? I love the ballet! :D (sorry not chattin in a thread - just askin a question ;))

honey
26-Feb-09, 10:40
We are of to see Swan Lake. I haven been to the ballet before, but im sure i love it. I just love to watch people who can dance.

Venture
26-Feb-09, 10:43
Have to admit to feeling the same wifie. Have always loved dancing of any kind, not that I get much chance to do so socially nowadays.:( As an alternative though, housework around here gets done with twice as much speed accompanied by the Mamma Mia soundtrack. It's not the resident teenager who gets told off for having the music too loud, it's me.:lol:

Angela
26-Feb-09, 10:55
I nearly always have music on, wifie. This has been a sad week for us as a family, so I started out with gloomy, soulful music played very loud (all the neighbours are out) which gradually helped wash away the sadness.

Now I'm playing feel good music again and straight away my fingers and toes started tap tap tapping, and before I knew it I was dancing about with the duster (a rare enough sight in itself lol ;)).

In fact I am typing standing up, swaying to the music and humming away.....:lol:

golach
26-Feb-09, 11:14
Ladies, it must be the oncome of spring, I have this picture in my head at the moment of all these lassies in leotards and legwarmers, dancing and singing around the house, flicking feather dusters all over the place, Keep it up girls, you have cheered me up [lol]
I am tone deaf, and have two left feet, so I will not be joining you

anneoctober
26-Feb-09, 11:26
I remember when rock was young........ tee hee! Yellow duster, beeswax and YES wifie I have rythmn in me soul ( not to mention other places)..........[lol] Also have been "caught" by my OH singing to "Valerie" (Amy W) in the office, he stopped, shook his head and left wi oot uttering a word............:o

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 11:49
I love music. I dance all over the place. Helps to make tidying up fun! If im not dancing then i am singing, have not sung in public for a long time now though. I was a singer all through school then i just lost my confidence. So now i sing in the comfort of the bath.

dancing whilst cooking is fun! :Razz But dangerous lol.

Angela
26-Feb-09, 11:52
Ladies, it must be the oncome of spring, I have this picture in my head at the moment of all these lassies in leotards and legwarmers, dancing and singing around the house, flicking feather dusters all over the place, Keep it up girls, you have cheered me up
I am tone deaf, and have two left feet, so I will not be joining you

Come on golach, it's never too late ...and even old dogs can learn new tricks! ;)

Out with the lycra shorts and the bandanna lol and get on with the spring cleaning in the least painful way.

Did you never have 'Music and Movement' on the radio at primary school? I've never had much sense of rhythm but it was the highlight of the week for me. :lol:

Did you know 'rhythm' comes from the Greek 'rythmos'? No? Well, there you see, you're learnt something new today as well! :Razz

Kevin Milkins
26-Feb-09, 11:55
I sing and tap my feet to a good tune, but I don't think I will be dusting off my Tou-Tou anytime soon.:lol:

teenybash
26-Feb-09, 12:00
Rhythm just ripples from the top of my head to the tips of my toes!!! ;)........La Bamba is a real pick me up, one of my favourites......
'If music be the food of love..play on.' Nothing like a good birl round with the duster flailing to the beat.

dirdyweeker
26-Feb-09, 12:35
Love music and especially singing (not saying that i can mind you). I was travelling on the train the other day with my ipod playing Odessa and nearly started singing out loud.
Am off to get me feather duster and turn up music!:lol:

honey
26-Feb-09, 13:45
I was a singer all through school then i just lost my confidence. So now i sing in the comfort of the bath.

dancing whilst cooking is fun! :Razz But dangerous lol.

if you have an X-Box 360, get the game LIPS. I cant sing to save myself.. but i LOVE this game.. and i actually can beat my hubby and sister in law in it!!!;)

helenwyler
26-Feb-09, 13:51
Yea, I've got rhythm wifie. Though it's not always strictly in time with the beat.;)

Sadly I was banned from singing at home when my daughters became teenagers, so now have to wait till everybody's out to go full throttle :cool:.

But I'm going to see Riverdance (Farewell Tour) tonight and my feet will be a-tapping and my knees will be a-jigging....boy, that theatre seat won't be fit for purpose by the end of the show :lol:.

Anne x
26-Feb-09, 14:42
I dont know about Rhythm in my soul these days but certain records get me going last week it was ""Wake me up afore you go go " as it was played on the radio quite a lot Dancing Queen , Walk of Life ah now im scaring the dowg with my singing :lol:

honey
26-Feb-09, 14:47
my 2 year old has taken to singing The Jackson's "ABC" and then i end up singing it all day!

hotrod4
26-Feb-09, 15:05
La Bamba has just come on the radio and even tho I am in a fairly stinkin mood just now I am indulgin in chair dancin! I cannot resist a good tune whether it is hummin,

What kind of danicing are you doing-DIRTY DANCING????[lol]
(couldnt resist it)

wifie
26-Feb-09, 16:19
What kind of danicing are you doing-DIRTY DANCING????[lol]
(couldnt resist it)

Oh hotrod who could resist a bit of dirty dancing? ;) :cool: