PDA

View Full Version : new doggy

kitty kat
26-Feb-09, 01:10
i have a very loving staffy but she dont love me she loves the other half very much, no agression she just will ignore me 99 % of the time i have tried being loving caring she does like me she just loves him alot more

i tried putting her favourite treats in a jar and giving them a rattle which she started listening to me eg if the door knocked rather than barking like mad she would come and sit at my feet she is only just a year old

when he isnt here she gets really upset and will just stare out the window i will try getting her attraction and she just looks straight through me like im not there

any ideas on how i can get her to understand i am here to be listened to aswell its driving me mad i can call her till the cows come home !!!!

Aaldtimer
26-Feb-09, 03:52
Best way is to take her out for walkies! Become a pack leader, calm assertive behaviour, and she'll come to respect you for what you are, higher in the pack than she is.:)

kitty kat
26-Feb-09, 10:45
Best way is to take her out for walkies! Become a pack leader, calm assertive behaviour, and she'll come to respect you for what you are, higher in the pack than she is.:)

that is what i am trying just now because at the moment she is second to my partner she can be so loving yet so ignorant she is a toddler in this house

cuddlepop
26-Feb-09, 13:00
I think with time and your acceptance that she does love you,you'll win her round.:D

Dogs are sensitive creatures and can pick up vibes like you thinking she doesnt like you.

Just keep telling yourself your loved and wanted by her and behave like you do.
Ignore the huff and heap praise on the good behaviour.:D