PDA

View Full Version : Vet visits

Vistravi
26-Feb-09, 00:48
Do any of you have pets that hate the vet or like the vets?

Do they do funny antics such as try to escape to avoid the vets?

My sisters cat hates the vets and tried to maul the vet to death when she had to get an injection last month :eek:. Luckily my sister doesn't care how much Smokey scratches her. during Smokey's recent trip to the vets for yet another injection she tried to escape through the closed window. She's as daft as a brush

My cat doesn't like the vets and makes it impossible to catch her for going into the cat carrier. Then of course we arrive at the vets and when its her turn to be seen by the vets and she won't come out of the cat carrier. She's not stupid though she does know that if she cooperates with the vet then she can get back in the carrier and back home sooner. But boy does she huff afterwards. I get the evil looks and silent treatment after a trip to the vets for a couple of days. Good thing so far its only been once a year for her injections [lol]

Aaldtimer
26-Feb-09, 04:06
Our Westie had to go for his annual jags yesterday, he is quite funny as he likes all the smells around the car park at the Vet's, but taking him in he just goes shaky. Sitting in the waiting area he has to get up on OH's knees and trembling as if he was on Death Row, then it's a drag job getting him in to see the Vet. Once up on the table he's not too bad as long as I hold him and re-assure him, but yesterday was comical, as he was on the table his head was looking out the window, and another wee Westie appeared out of a car. The injections were administered whithout a blink of an eye while he was focussed on this other doggie through the window. They had a wee meet in the waiting area, a sniff and a tail wag, then off as happy as Larry(who he?), and then home as right as rain!:)

GruesomeTwosome
26-Feb-09, 13:48
My black lab had to be muzzled when we took her to the vets. Sweetest dog you would meet but very aggressive as soon as you pulled up at the vets. Luckily our vet was a family friend and was fantastic with her.

My two now love going to the vets, they love the attention they get and always want a cuddle with the vet which gives them the chance to inject, check over or whatever they are doing.

Arent all our pets so strangely individual :lol:

kriklah
26-Feb-09, 17:01
my cats have a knack for knowing when theve got a vet appointment, and vanish into thin air, not to be seen for hours (or till ive phoned and cancelled the appointment!!). i think they can read, so im gonna have to stop writing it on the calender where they can see it!!!

Tiny is a very docile cat, but boy can she sing in the car, the trip to the vets is not stop yowling, but once there, she will be all cute and loverble all over the vet!! (tart!) then its back to cats choir for the trip home. her mother and litterbrother have only been to the vets once each for their snips, but little brother Mr Jingles hasnt been outside yet, let alone traveling. (shhh dont tell him but Mr Jingles will be going to the vet to be de-jingled next month)

the dog would rather forgo the vets but since he doesnt get much choice in it,(particulary since hes prone to slicing his legs up on sharp things!!) he tolerates it.

skinnydog
26-Feb-09, 21:10
Skinnydog loves going to the vets, jumps out of the car and runs into the place!!

Dadie
27-Feb-09, 00:10
Chinchin (my old chinchilla who is no longer around)bit the vet when he was recovering from the anesthetic but most of my other pets have either made a miracle recovery on the way to the vets or have refused to go in is an understatement!
I think they understand the s mell of the place!

Blondie
27-Feb-09, 18:38
I remember my hubby taking our big tom cat to the vet for his booster I think it was, if I recall correctly. He was taking ages to come home. When he finally arrived he had his arm all bandaged..... by the vet :lol: The cat had gone mad :eek:

He and the cat both gave me a filthy look and hubby announced he was NEVER taking him to the vet again!

And he wondered why I didn't take him???? ;)

Vistravi
27-Feb-09, 23:36
I remember my hubby taking our big tom cat to the vet for his booster I think it was, if I recall correctly. He was taking ages to come home. When he finally arrived he had his arm all bandaged..... by the vet The cat had gone mad

He and the cat both gave me a filthy look and hubby announced he was NEVER taking him to the vet again!

And he wondered why I didn't take him????

[lol][lol][lol]
And i thought my sisters cat was bad! Oh dear you've got your hands full with your tom cat there.

Sarah
28-Feb-09, 23:27
Both my dogs hate the vets, our last vet was brutal, and showed no compassion for the work he was in, they are terrified even now of our new vet who is lovely. My cats don't like the vets either, because they have both been abused in the past, they are frightened of new people, so its understandable!