PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Traders

neepnipper
25-Feb-09, 22:26
Did anyone see Rogue Traders on BBC1 tonight about puppy farms and puppys sold in Pet Shops.

Some of the footage made me feel quite sick, those pups all caged up in that pet shop was awful, shouldn't be allowed and I'm surprised that it is, and that poor little pup that died from parvo, just terrible.:(

Kevin Milkins
25-Feb-09, 22:47
I watched it and was very sadned by it all.:(

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 22:55
I can not handle watching anything like that! It makes me cry. If i could i would give as many animals a home as i could, but i cant so when i see their wee faces i feel bad! :(

dragonfly
25-Feb-09, 23:20
were these shops called Dogs 4 Us?

I know another forum I am on for doodles held a peaceful protest outside one in Leeds to see if they could stop people going and buying puppies from them but unfortunately they did not seem to have any effect on turning potential customers away although one couple went in, came out and joined the protest because of the conditions the puppies were being kept in [evil]

Aaldtimer
26-Feb-09, 04:33
I watch the Animal Cops programmes on Sky TV quite often and am constantly amazed at the level of ignorance and cruelty to animals in the USA. They seem to have a totally different attitude to dogs especially, than we do in UK. Tie them up in the back yard and that's it, they're yard dogs, no home life, fed on an irregular basis, no water, no food, no shelter... Gawd it makes my blood boil![disgust]
The horses don't fare much better I'm sorry to say.

muffin
26-Feb-09, 17:47
I watched Rogue Traders and was amazed the RSPCA just told the puppy farm guy to sort out his isolation for dogs when 2 puppies from there had just died from Parvo, seems he wasn't being cruel to the dogs, so isn't it illegal to sell sick dogs?

unicorn
26-Feb-09, 18:47
I never saw it, is there an online link?

neepnipper
26-Feb-09, 19:44
I guess you may be able to watch it on BBC iplayer?

unicorn
26-Feb-09, 19:48
Thanks to Ju I found it , will watch it later.