PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather ??

Iffy
25-Feb-09, 16:37
I've just read on another forum that there is "adverse weather conditions" forecast for tonight. Has anyone (Tugs?) heard any what these conditions are going to be ?

balto
25-Feb-09, 16:54
could it be getting windy lol, certainly is in thurso.

Tugmistress
25-Feb-09, 18:57
I've just read on another forum that there is "adverse weather conditions" forecast for tonight. Has anyone (Tugs?) heard any what these conditions are going to be ?
Wind and rain :)
must admit i thought gusts of around 50mph tops so never posted anything about it, but we've topped 60mph now.
sorry.

Iffy
25-Feb-09, 19:09
Thanks for the replies Tugs and Balto !

Guess it'll be "Wheelie Bin Races" then for tonight ? :lol: :lol:

Tugmistress
25-Feb-09, 19:11
Thanks for the replies Tugs and Balto !

Guess it'll be "Wheelie Bin Races" then for tonight ? :lol: :lol:

lol yup, mine's about a quarter full and already gone over twice, think i'll brave the weather and go look for a big rock to throw in it ;)

mums angels
25-Feb-09, 19:16
will it be getting much winder than 60mph tugs ..just wandering if i should be bringing the rabbit in for the night ?

Tugmistress
25-Feb-09, 19:29
I doubt it very much MA - i clocked 66mph at about 6pm, we may get one or two more gusts of similar strength, the worst of it should be done by about 3am.

kriklah
25-Feb-09, 19:33
ive jsut been out to retreive one on my bins, they were emptied yesterday so nought to hold them down!! bit gusty out here now!!

mums angels
25-Feb-09, 19:39
I doubt it very much MA - i clocked 66mph at about 6pm, we may get one or two more gusts of similar strength, the worst of it should be done by about 3am.

Thanks for that tugs , have been out to put more straw in to keep him warm , hes quite shelttered in position he is in so will leave him be :)

davie
25-Feb-09, 19:53
lol yup, mine's about a quarter full and already gone over twice, think i'll brave the weather and go look for a big rock to throw in it ;)

Why dont you just go oot and sit in it - the Councul wll sue if you put a big rock in the bin

Julia
25-Feb-09, 20:08
It's really gusty here, I'm off out to tie down my wheelie bin lid with one of those bungee things, put a hook round each handle then loop the elastic down under the rim, it works a treat.

My recycling bins are all tied together in the same fashion and attached to the house so if they go we go :lol:

wifie
25-Feb-09, 20:08
Why dont you just go oot and sit in it - the Councul wll sue if you put a big rock in the bin

Tugs isn't big enough to hold the bin down - she would be off too! [lol] Man Davie you like to live dangerously don't you?

davie
25-Feb-09, 20:11
I am safe enough with Tugs !. She is scarey but nice and more to the point she has not a clue where I live !. (I hope)

DeHaviLand
25-Feb-09, 22:13
I am safe enough with Tugs !. She is scarey but nice and more to the point she has not a clue where I live !. (I hope)

Ehh, Kinbrace? :D

Tugmistress
25-Feb-09, 22:32

I keep telling you davie, i'm not a scary person ;) i don't know why you (and others!) have that impression :(

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 22:38
I keep telling you davie, i'm not a scary person ;) i don't know why you (and others!) have that impression :(

I dont think u are scary! :D

Kevin Milkins
25-Feb-09, 23:02
The weather must be bad as I just opened the front door and the dog looked out and then looked at me:eek:, as if to say" shall we give it a miss tonight"?lol

balto
25-Feb-09, 23:09
The weather must be bad as I just opened the front door and the dog looked out and then looked at me:eek:, as if to say" shall we give it a miss tonight"?lol
cant get my dog out mind you the cat is refusing aswell which isnt like him atall, so it must be bad lol.[lol][lol]

purplelady
26-Feb-09, 00:15
cant get my dog out mind you the cat is refusing aswell which isnt like him atall, so it must be bad lol.[lol][lol]
my two dogs took one look and said no way lol made them go do there wee wees lol x

Kevin Milkins
26-Feb-09, 04:37
It's still thrashing my bedroom window and keeping me awake:eek:.

Scout
26-Feb-09, 08:38
Well Tug I don't think you are scary. You are clever and a hard worker. And take some great photos ;)

Dadie
26-Feb-09, 23:50
was up till 2 last night until hubby investigated the loud banging in the wind.... I was sure as hell not moving from my cozy corner of the duvet to investgigate!