PDA

View Full Version : what is dll?

whitecloud
25-Feb-09, 11:14
I have done a dll clean scan for free but not to sure what it is, it came up with 3000 dll files which could be dangerous ,but the free scan could only move 4,what can i do to remove these?
sorry not to clued up on computers.
kindest regards
whitecloud

M R
25-Feb-09, 20:09
Dont sound good to me. Be very wary of free scans, in my experience they always tell you something is wrong and never fix the issue unless you buy the product. Marketing.

If your PC is running well, then do a virus scan and if it turns up clean, then leave it alone.

DLL files are very important files and should not be played about with without nowing what you are doing.

It is highly unlikey you have 3000 problems or i doubt any programs within windows would operate.

Read this (http://forum.caithness.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=508996)

EDDIE
25-Feb-09, 20:18
I have done a dll clean scan for free but not to sure what it is, it came up with 3000 dll files which could be dangerous ,but the free scan could only move 4,what can i do to remove these?
sorry not to clued up on computers.
kindest regards
whitecloud

You will probably find that 3000dll is to engourage you to by the full version.
I use norton 360 and i dont have any problems with the computer

whitecloud
26-Feb-09, 15:15
thank you, yes they did ask me to download there full version , does anybody know of someone who can take information from and old hard drive and put it on my new computer i have lost so much important work?
kindest regards
whitecloud x

EDDIE
26-Feb-09, 22:02
thank you, yes they did ask me to download there full version , does anybody know of someone who can take information from and old hard drive and put it on my new computer i have lost so much important work?
kindest regards
whitecloud x

Well if the old hard drive is in your hand and not in your pc then all you have to is go to maplin electronics and get an ide cable that connects your hardive to your current pc via usb slot turning the hardrive into a portable hardrive then u can just copy it or drag it acrooss