PDA

View Full Version : Away for the snip tomorrow.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-09, 09:53
teenybash has been very helpful with advice and experience regards my screwball beardie.Thank you again.:D

He's an absolute darling really but such a handfull,so as he's a yearish and the "balls" have dropped he's away to have the op tomorrow.

My Oh doesnt really want him to go so I sent him to have a chat with the vet.
Thankfully the vet agrees its in his best interest and would eliminate certain cancers that male dogs can get later.

The question is should we put a lampshade on him after, as the vet seems not to do it routinely?:confused

S&LHEN
25-Feb-09, 10:01
When I had my collie done I didnt need anything(a collar) I had to help the vet as his assistant had to go (:eek:). Its so surprising how quickly he recovered once the anisthetic wore off he was a wee bit sore but next day he was bouncing about like a mad thing and eating!!
Only thing i ll say to watch is dont over feed because for some reason after they get done they pile the weight on (ive a few ideas why but i better not say:lol:)
So no need to be worrying its not as bad as it sounds.

Good luck

MadPict
25-Feb-09, 10:31
The question is should we put a lampshade on him after, as the vet seems not to do it routinely?:confused

The dog or your OH? ;)

Some men have a 'problem' with neutering dogs - a little bit too close for comfort?:eek:

teenybash
25-Feb-09, 11:05
Scorrie shouldn't need a 'lampshade' as dogs genereally get over the op fairly quickly. All male dogs I have ever had always 'got done' and never showed any inclination of damaging their tender area by nibbling......they would have the odd lick but, that's just a male thing anyway.
Good luck Scorrie...you'll be a new man.;)

Sarah
25-Feb-09, 13:42
Male dogs in general cope easier than females do, the recovery period is quicker and he shouldn't need a collar. Just keep an eye out for him licking/biting at it for the first few hours.

And yes, do watch about him gaining weight, once dogs (bitches aswell) are fixed they are prone to weight gain. Best of luck for thr op :)

Liz
25-Feb-09, 18:40
I would echo what the others have said.

If you do have any Arnica this could really help with the healing. Given today and tomorrow morning.

None of my dogs needed a lampshade collar after their snip but have to say that when I went to the Vets with one of them to have the stitches removed there weren't any!:eek:

cuddlepop
25-Feb-09, 20:47
Thanks everyone.

He's had his dinner and had a shower so we're all ready .;)

Dadie
25-Feb-09, 21:20
It took the cat a good week to come out of the huff with me after having him done!
I was the bad one and took him to the vets....hubby refused to take him incase the cat would huff with him!

men:lol:

Vistravi
26-Feb-09, 00:40
It took the cat a good week to come out of the huff with me after having him done!
I was the bad one and took him to the vets....hubby refused to take him incase the cat would huff with him!

men:lol:

My cat does that with me too. She doesn't speak to me for a couple of days after being at the vets. She's a right huffy thing unlike my sisters cat who I have accidentally in one day stood on her tail twice and she still came about me afterwards. Caramel would not have done that. She would've given me the silent treatment for a week. Cats are funny creatures sometimes [lol] My partner I don't think would take either of my two cats to the vets as he's too soft and prop would take pity on the cats for having their injections and what not and end up taking them back home again.

cuddlepop
26-Feb-09, 10:01
Unfortunatly Scorrie's never been to the vet here before,other than a sniff around when I was buying their treats.
Hopefully he wont be put off by this experience and will still want to go in.:eek:

You should have seen his wee face this morning though when he didnt get any breakfast.
You'd have thought he was auditioning for a SSPCAA advert.:(

Oh's away for a walk with them this morning and you'd think it was him that was being done.:lol:

teenybash
26-Feb-09, 11:11
Good luck Scorrie..............I bet there is lots of cuddles waiting for him when he comes home feeling a different man.;)

cuddlepop
26-Feb-09, 15:49
Oh went to pick Scorrie up just after 12.30pm and he's still a bit groggy.
managed to climb up on oh chair and preceded to go back to sleep.

apparently the vet had to give him extra sedation,didnt ask why.:confused

He looks so lost, just hungover glase.

Lots of hugs but just not to tight.:D

Angela
26-Feb-09, 15:56
Awww, poor Scorrie! I'm sure he'll be ...I was going to say 'back to his old self' soon....but maybe not quite!

Hope he'll get over any ill effects quickly.:)

Is Mr CP sitting with his legs tightly crossed, CP? ;)

cuddlepop
26-Feb-09, 16:10
Awww, poor Scorrie! I'm sure he'll be ...I was going to say 'back to his old self' soon....but maybe not quite!

Hope he'll get over any ill effects quickly.:)

Is Mr CP sitting with his legs tightly crossed, CP? ;)

Legs firmly crossed over.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 16:35
Oh went to pick Scorrie up just after 12.30pm and he's still a bit groggy.
managed to climb up on oh chair and preceded to go back to sleep.

apparently the vet had to give him extra sedation,didnt ask why.:confused

He looks so lost, just hungover glase.

Lots of hugs but just not to tight.:D

Aw give him lots of cuddles from me! :Razz

teenybash
26-Feb-09, 17:12
Glad Scorrie is home again, sleeping it off. If he managed to crawl up into the chair it will be more the sedation that's making him look like a lost soul.
Just wait till tomorrow, he will be back to his usual self...well just with a little bit missing.

I nice wee cuddle and maybe a kiss on the nose....just to cheer him up.:)

Dadie
26-Feb-09, 23:20
Hope he doesnt take the huff!
Is he ok and has he been allowed a light dinner?

Liz
26-Feb-09, 23:38
Aaww poor wee man. Still I am sure he will be a lot better tomorrow after he sleeps off the sedation etc. Maybe he just needed a wee bit more since he's such a livewire?

Lots of gentle hugs from Auntie Liz. xxx

carasmam
27-Feb-09, 09:26
How is he today? Lots of gentle hugs from us too. He'll soon be bouncing around again :)

cuddlepop
27-Feb-09, 09:53
How is he today? Lots of gentle hugs from us too. He'll soon be bouncing around again :)

well he's as nutty as ever,birds,leaves,the other wee doggy are all getting either chased or noised up.:lol:

Back to normal,springs to mind.

Wolfed down his dinner,lastnight and had a light breakfast.

We bit huffy with Oh but I'm sure he.ll forgive him asap.

What we did notice was that Delious was more accertive yesterday,more like herself before he arrived.
Dont know if she could smell a difference from him and that he was less dominiant.:confused

teenybash
27-Feb-09, 11:56
Good news To hear the bold Scorrie is back up and running.....Del will notice the difference, though his system will take a wee bit time to clear of testosterone so, he will still to cracker jack stuff......but he will settle down with a little time. What a lovely character he must be, I just love hearing about him.:D

Dadie
02-Mar-09, 22:22
Is everything back to "normal" now ?

ie. you forgiven and back to his bouncy self?

watch his weight now though!

cuddlepop
03-Mar-09, 09:54
Is everything back to "normal" now ?

ie. you forgiven and back to his bouncy self?

watch his weight now though!

Back to his od self,"nutty professor" is his new nickname.:lol:

as to the appetite,our poor wee birdies are protesting about the famine inour back garden.
The stale crackers I threw out this morning were "hovered" up by you know who.;)

Liz
03-Mar-09, 14:05
Glad to hear that the 'nutty professor' has recovered well from his op.

I had a laugh at the thought of him hoovering up the stale crackers!:lol:

I have another 'hoover' in Benjy. In fact I think I should have called him Dyson.lol