PDA

View Full Version : yeah, back in the land of the employed.

balto
24-Feb-09, 15:14
Well after being made redundant by woolworths in december, i am overjoyed to have been offered a new job, in a well known store in thurso and no its not tesco lol. so delighted.

Angela
24-Feb-09, 15:16
Well done, balto, what great news.

I'm so pleased for you. :D

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-09, 15:17
Well Done Balto! Awsome news! :Razz

Is it the place u told me about yesterday?

balto
24-Feb-09, 15:20
Well Done Balto! Awsome news! :Razz

Is it the place u told me about yesterday?
good to see you back shelley, aye it is the same job fair delighted i can tell you.

ShelleyCowie
24-Feb-09, 15:23
good to see you back shelley, aye it is the same job fair delighted i can tell you.

Thought this thread was well worth a post Balto!

Well done though! Im gonna come and be an awkward customer! [lol]

balto
24-Feb-09, 15:25
Thought this thread was well worth a post Balto!

Well done though! Im gonna come and be an awkward customer! [lol]
haha dont forget i know who you are lol, was telling your mum today what a nutter you are lol.

MasterSplinter
24-Feb-09, 15:44
Congratulations on returning to work. Its never easy to get back into the swing of things.

carasmam
24-Feb-09, 15:48
Yaayyy, well done Balto :D

teenybash
24-Feb-09, 16:38
Happy for you Balto................:)

pat
24-Feb-09, 17:28
best wishes in your new job. Hope it is a happy working environment and you will be there for as long as you wish.

binbob
24-Feb-09, 17:31
congratulations,balto...well done.:D

poppett
24-Feb-09, 17:46
Congratulations on the new job Balto. Hope it is all you wish for and more.

daviddd
24-Feb-09, 17:58
well done Balto, that must be a great relief to you. It isn't just the loss of money it's also the loss of the social interraction at work. I hope you settle down well in the new job.

TRUCKER
24-Feb-09, 18:02
Well done on getting a new job.

Happy Rascal
24-Feb-09, 20:02
Well done Balto I hope you will be very happy in your new job.

arana negra
24-Feb-09, 20:04
Congratulations, hope you enjoy many years there.

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-09, 20:10
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

After all the doom and gloom on the telly just now thats the best bit of news for ages. Well done Balto and hope you enjoy your new job

Thumper
24-Feb-09, 20:10
Well done Balto,that will be a relief for you!When do you start? x

airdlass
24-Feb-09, 20:20
Congratulations!
My daughter was made redundant a month ago but started a new job today - same company - different position. She was lucky she had no financial commitments or mortgage to worry about.

balto
24-Feb-09, 21:15
Well done Balto,that will be a relief for you!When do you start? x
think i am getting my induction on friday, but when i start offically i am not to sure.

balto
24-Feb-09, 23:56
Congratulations!
My daughter was made redundant a month ago but started a new job today - same company - different position. She was lucky she had no financial commitments or mortgage to worry about.well done to your daughter, with all the redundancys going on, we should be lucky to be offered these jobs.

Venture
24-Feb-09, 23:59
Maybe they saw your thread "I'm a stressed Mum get me out of here" and felt sorry for you balto.:lol: Joking aside, well done on getting the job. May you be as happy in your new job as you were at Woolies.

balto
25-Feb-09, 00:04
Maybe they saw your thread "I'm a stressed Mum get me out of here" and felt sorry for you balto.:lol: Joking aside, well done on getting the job. May you be as happy in your new job as you were at Woolies.
i'll have you know i got that job because i am wonderful lol.[lol][lol]

Melancholy Man
25-Feb-09, 00:05
Whoopy do, woooooooooooooooooo, wopooooooooooooo, wooooooo!!!

misty woman
25-Feb-09, 20:47
congratulations balto,hope you enjoy your new job.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-09, 20:59
Your so lucky,jobs are like gold dust just now.

well done and good luck with your new job.:D

hotrod4
25-Feb-09, 21:35
Well done,
i know exactly how you feel i was unemployed for 8 months before i landed my new job last month.Theres not much out there, its dog eat dog, so congrats on getting something so soon.

oldmarine
25-Feb-09, 22:05
Well after being made redundant by woolworths in december, i am overjoyed to have been offered a new job, in a well known store in thurso and no its not tesco lol. so delighted.

Congrats balto. Good to be in a place you enjoy. I like my position of "RETIRED". I can do what I want to do whenever I want to do it.

balto
25-Feb-09, 22:07
Your so lucky,jobs are like gold dust just now.

well done and good luck with your new job.:D

Well done,
i know exactly how you feel i was unemployed for 8 months before i landed my new job last month.Theres not much out there, its dog eat dog, so congrats on getting something so soon.
thanks cuddlepop and hotrod, your both dead right about jobs being few and far between ############ my blessings this one came along.

balto
25-Feb-09, 22:08
thankyou to everyone, for your nice comments and wishes.

Liz
06-Mar-09, 13:55
Sorry Balto but I missed this post somehow.:confused

Many congratulations on your new job and I hope you will really enjoy it.

balto
06-Mar-09, 13:57
Sorry Balto but I missed this post somehow.:confused

Many congratulations on your new job and I hope you will really enjoy it.
thankyou liz, must say what a difference it is being out working again, love my kids to bits but to have an adult conversation again is brilliant.

balto
06-Mar-09, 13:58
congratulations balto,hope you enjoy your new job.
hope you are enjoying your new job aswell, hope the kids are going easy on you lol.

Liz
06-Mar-09, 13:59
thankyou liz, must say what a difference it is being out working again, love my kids to bits but to have an adult conversation again is brilliant.

I know what you mean Balto. I speak to two cats and a dog!lol

So I take it that you are enjoying your new job then?

balto
06-Mar-09, 14:03
I know what you mean Balto. I speak to two cats and a dog!lol

So I take it that you are enjoying your new job then?
aye its fine liz, better say that after the lassie got sacked last week for saying her job was boring on facebook, not that im saying its boring[lol]

ShelleyCowie
06-Mar-09, 14:03
I know what she means too Liz, i speak to my cat (great listener) and my son all the time! I seem pure mad cos i will try to have a proper conversation. Cant help it lol. Just get bored.

Liz
06-Mar-09, 14:17
aye its fine liz, better say that after the lassie got sacked last week for saying her job was boring on facebook, not that im saying its boring[lol]
Crikey can they do that?!:confused Now you better tell us all how wonderful your boss is!!!lol

I know what she means too Liz, i speak to my cat (great listener) and my son all the time! I seem pure mad cos i will try to have a proper conversation. Cant help it lol. Just get bored.

It's when the cat starts answering back that you need to worry Shelley!

balto
06-Mar-09, 14:20
Crikey can they do that?!:confused Now you better tell us all how wonderful your boss is!!!lol

aye my boss is a wonderful person lol , no seriously he is cant fault him, or the duty manager, its the rest that think they are the big i am.

It's when the cat starts answering back that you need to worry Shelley!
what do you mean my cat sandy does answer me back .[lol]

poppett
06-Mar-09, 14:20
Lucky you Balto to have found employment where you can have adult conversation. I have been in a few workplaces this week on business and thought I was in a kindergarten the attitude of the staff!

balto
06-Mar-09, 14:22
aye my boss is a wonderful person lol , no seriously he is cant fault him, or the duty manager, its the rest that think they are the big i am

Liz
06-Mar-09, 14:22
what do you mean my cat sandy does answer me back .[lol]

Ha ha. I did have one who used to have a real blether with me.:lol:

balto
06-Mar-09, 14:28
Ha ha. I did have one who used to have a real blether with me.:lol:
swear he give a better conversation than my oh lol.