PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes Your Skin "Crawl"?

brokencross
24-Feb-09, 11:01
There are certain people in the public eye who make my skin "crawl" just at the sight of them, never mind hearing them speak.
I have never met them but for some reason just cannot abide them. Don't know if it is them or what they stand for.
Any other Orgers have similar feelings about people they have never met or is it just me.

My list includes:-
Tony Blair
Cherie Blair
Max Clifford
Michael Barrymore
Peter Mandelson

Just typing their names nearly made me shiver, irrational or what?

davie
24-Feb-09, 11:23
I would agree with your list but would add nearly every member of the present ruling politburo

Moby
24-Feb-09, 11:59
Racing pundit John McCririck makes my skin crawl closely followed by David Dickinson the "orange" presenter.:eek:

Angela
24-Feb-09, 12:15
James 'Pretty Boy' Purnell, Minister for Work and Pensions.

Not sure if its his sideboards, his smugness or his astounding hypocrisy that makes me reach for the OFF switch.... :mad:

AfternoonDelight
24-Feb-09, 12:42
Anthea Turner
Bob Geldof
Ruth Kelly MP
Richard Madeley
Kelly Brooke
The Brian Kendrick

And there's a guy in town that I want to punch every time I see him... CREEP!!!! [evil]

MadPict
24-Feb-09, 12:43
All of the above mentioned, but the smirking Dark Lord Mandelson makes me want to take a sledgehammer to my TV!!

What was Brown thinking letting that 'creature of the night' back into office......

Anthea Turner? Well, at least she'd keep your house clean!

AfternoonDelight
24-Feb-09, 12:50
Anthea Turner? Well, at least she'd keep your house clean!

MP - I'd rather live in a stinking hovel than have that woman within a hundred miles of me!!!!

MadPict
24-Feb-09, 13:03
AD,
She may just be moving in next door (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1152025/Credit-crunch-victims-Anthea-Turner-Grant-Bovey-sell-5m-mansion.html)......

asinger
24-Feb-09, 13:31
Anthea Turner is the absolute WORST. I hate her smug condescending manner.Tony Blair is another smarmy guy that I detest!

bettedaviseyes
24-Feb-09, 13:45
Amanda Holden.[disgust]
james blunt.[disgust]
gordon brown.[disgust]

Rheghead
24-Feb-09, 13:54
Nicola Sturgeon
John McCuirick sp
Jade Goody
Vanilla Ice
Michael Winner
Gordon Strachan
Tracy Emmin
Roger Saxon
John Swinney
Michael Howard

telfordstar
24-Feb-09, 14:04
Jools Holland
The guy who plays johnathon creek
the cheeky girls.

arana negra
24-Feb-09, 14:30
Most of the already mentioned Definately the Madeley bloke GRRR add to them the Krankies most TV presenters and lots more !

anneoctober
24-Feb-09, 14:34
Nicola Sturgeon
John McCuirick sp
Jade Goody
Vanilla Ice
Michael Winner
Gordon Strachan
Tracy Emmin
Roger Saxon
John Swinney
Michael Howard
Rheggie, Vanille Ice ??:eek:

Anne x
24-Feb-09, 14:54
Robert Mugabe
Alex Salmon
Patsy Kensit
Paris Hilton
and a few from other peoples lists

Lavenderblue2
24-Feb-09, 15:04
Gerry Cassidy who often presents the local news on GMTV - I can't stand him!!

Thumper
24-Feb-09, 15:34
Gerry Cassidy who often presents the local news on GMTV - I can't stand him!!
Oh you are so right LB2.....that man just gives me the heebies :eek: I think grampian make sure they employ weird and wonderfuls.....Robin Galloway was another that just made me feel sick!
Not keen on Anthea Turner either or Jools Holland,cant think of anymore at the moment,though I am sure there is a lot more! x

joxville
24-Feb-09, 15:35
Cilla Black, Ronnie Corbett, Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsass, Bruce Forsyth, Sean Connery, Alex Salmond, Nicola Sturgeon, Anthea Turner & Grant Bovey-where's yer oh-so-smug grins now?, Richard & Judy, Peter Mandelson, Tony & Cherie Blair, Annabel Goldie, Heather the weather, Jackie Bird, Graham Norton, Chris Moyles, Sara Cox, George Michael, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Dougal from The Magic Roundabout, Hector from Hector's House, Basil Brush, Jimmy Tarbuck, Noel & Liam Gallagher, Nadine Baggott from Olay Regenarist advert, Fiona Philips, The Beckhams, The Rooneys, and absolute worst of the lot is Garry Bushell.

Thumper
24-Feb-09, 15:36
Guess you dinna watch a lot of tv then Jox?;) x

joxville
24-Feb-09, 15:43
Guess you dinna watch a lot of tv then Jox?;) x

Not really no.

Thumper
24-Feb-09, 15:45
Maybe you are wiser than I thought then,have to admit now that I have read your list I was nodding in agreement with a lot of them....Chris Moyles is THE most irritating person ever! x

AfternoonDelight
24-Feb-09, 15:47
AD,
She may just be moving in next door (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1152025/Credit-crunch-victims-Anthea-Turner-Grant-Bovey-sell-5m-mansion.html)......

Perish the thought! [disgust]

Lavenderblue2
24-Feb-09, 15:55
Oh you are so right LB2.....that man just gives me the heebies :eek: I think grampian make sure they employ weird and wonderfuls.....Robin Galloway was another that just made me feel sick!
Not keen on Anthea Turner either or Jools Holland,cant think of anymore at the moment,though I am sure there is a lot more! x

Oh no Thumper, Robin Galloway!! I'd forgotten about him - YUK!

Grampian news has the weirdest presenters.

My OH always says, 'where do they get these people from - there must be a special place!'

What about when Gerry Cassidy combs his hair like Hitlers...:eek:

AfternoonDelight
24-Feb-09, 15:58
Heather the Weather - "HELLOOOO THEREERERERERERE!!!" [disgust]

Err - goodbye there...

Kenn
24-Feb-09, 16:19
All of the previous mentioned plus Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdinck,Cliff Richards that whiner bloke, whoops Winer and quite a few more.

Penelope Pitstop
24-Feb-09, 16:28
Here's a few more!!

Has nobody mentioned Eammon Holmes yet.....prize

Jeremy Kyle...another one of the above

Penny Smith (GMTV)

Mr Motivator...need I say more!!

Also, not on the telly, but Nikki Marr from Moray Firth Radio - don't know the lassie .........but CAN'T STAND her voice........ lol

joxville
24-Feb-09, 16:30

I forgot about him-I'd put him on a par with Garry Bushell.

teenybash
24-Feb-09, 16:36
The Miliband brothers........can't take them serious as they remind me of Mr Bean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jings00
24-Feb-09, 17:24
Ricky Gervais

Rheghead
24-Feb-09, 17:44
We're all somebody else's 'skin crawler'.:lol:

Julia
24-Feb-09, 18:04

I think Jeremy is lovely!

My list would be .....

John McCuirick
Brian McFadden (Kerry Katona's ex)
Tom Jones
Peter Stringfellow
Pierce Brosnan
Roger Moore

davie
24-Feb-09, 18:25
A serious question, who is this Chris Moyles who appears to be disliked by some ?. Apart from the political parasites I have not a clue who most of the 'plonkers' are - should I watch more TV or just get out more.

Lavenderblue2
24-Feb-09, 18:25
We're all somebody else's 'skin crawler'.:lol:

You're right there Rheghead :lol:

George Brims
24-Feb-09, 19:04
Other than George W Bush and Robert Mugabe I will stick to British people.

The people that used to butcher Formula 1 on ITV, Jim Rosenthal and James Whatsisname. At least Martin Brundle was actually a driver.

That new Tory leader - though the last one was worse.

Gordon Broon doesn't make my skin crawl. He does make me sigh and shake my head a lot though. He's no more charismatic than when he was our student Rector at Edinburgh Uni.

Not keen on Bruce Forsyth. And that wally that started the whole fake red hair under a bunnet malarky. He's horrid.

gunnlass
24-Feb-09, 20:40
Russel Brand! yuck!

cuthill
24-Feb-09, 20:47
My boss,my boss,myboss i detest him

Fantoosh
24-Feb-09, 21:03
There are certain people in the public eye who make my skin "crawl" just at the sight of them, never mind hearing them speak.
I have never met them but for some reason just cannot abide them. Don't know if it is them or what they stand for.
Any other Orgers have similar feelings about people they have never met or is it just me.

My list includes:-
Tony Blair
Cherie Blair
Max Clifford
Michael Barrymore
Peter Mandelson

Just typing their names nearly made me shiver, irrational or what?

Aww I love Michael Barrymore :(

There are not really any celebrities that make my skin crawl but there are a few people around Thurso [lol]

TheOldByre
24-Feb-09, 23:58
John Sinclair, aka Lord Thurso.

The laws of libel would prevent me from expanding upon that assertion.

Bazeye
25-Feb-09, 10:37
John Sinclair, aka Lord Thurso.

The laws of libel would prevent me from expanding upon that assertion.

Come on, spill the beans. If its true its not libel is it?

Kevin Milkins
25-Feb-09, 10:47
Clair Raynor//My Loveys//Grrrrrrrrrrr:mad:[evil]:mad:

minerwilly
25-Feb-09, 15:44
Somebody seems to have missed out the obvious candidates :

Jim Carrey
Bono
Jeremy Kyle

Sporran
25-Feb-09, 18:13
Marilyn Manson :eek:

George W Bush :roll:

percy toboggan
25-Feb-09, 18:19
Somebody seems to have missed out the obvious candidates :

Jim Carrey
Bono
Jeremy Kyle
Have never seen the last one but the first two are bob on.

Hazel Blears..Peter Hain...in fact most of the cabinet or ex-cabinet like Alan Milburn or that other geezer I've forgotten.

Victoria Derbyshire....and a few others I can't bring to mind.

George Brims
25-Feb-09, 18:52
Come on, spill the beans. If its true its not libel is it?
On the contrary, you can be sued for libel or slander if you spread something that is factually true, for the purposes of causing harm to someone's reputation or personal life. It's the law's way of saying "If you can't say anything nice..."

kitty kat
26-Feb-09, 00:59
jack black - cant watch him im sorry i no he has an army of fans but i aint one

Kevin Milkins
26-Feb-09, 04:35
jack black - cant watch him im sorry i no he has an army of fans but i aint one

Yer, I can't take to that guy either, and I thought it was just me.:confused

brokencross
26-Feb-09, 08:18
Victoria Derbyshire....and a few others I can't bring to mind.

I used to like her but just lately she has become very patronising and dismissive of the callers on her radio show.

barmar62
26-Feb-09, 11:57
Policmen! :D

Rheghead
26-Feb-09, 12:21
Policmen! :D

LOL!! Yeah, I heard that a bloke had the same reaction, all credit to the guy when he stood by his reactions the day after another bloke broke into his home and raped his mrs and killed his kid, he still never let the skin crawlin' cops past the front door to investigate the crime.:lol:

The Angel Of Death
26-Feb-09, 12:44
The Press bunch of hypocritical 's they are jade goody is a perfect example just because she is dying she is now the peoples princess and everyone loves her where as months ago the only person who had a worse wrap than her was Myra Hindley

Jade Goody is another one yea its sad she is dying but i still cant stand her what options does a "normal" person get when diagnosed with the big c do they get a glitzy wedding ceremony with everyone donating stuff etc normal people just have to get on with it and try to keep there roof over there heads at the same time without having to get there photo's taken to provide for there kids after there gone spend the time with your loved ones doll instead of selling what little is left of your soul to get money I'm sure your kids will appreciate the time you got left more than a few pound

Neil Lennon absolute of a man another who picks and chooses when to put the poor me on yea its alright for him to do bigoted stuff but when the tables are turned its a travesty of the highest order maybe if you wasn't a mouthy then bad stuff wouldn't happen

Vistravi
26-Feb-09, 14:23
A serious question, who is this Chris Moyles who appears to be disliked by some ?. Apart from the political parasites I have not a clue who most of the 'plonkers' are - should I watch more TV or just get out more.

You're not alone there davie. I have no idea who half of these people are in everyone's list. My partner is looking exasperated that i have no clue to who some of them are :lol:
I don't watch much tv in fact hardly any so not a scobbie.

Phoenix200416
26-Feb-09, 14:25
David Van Day makes my skin crawl!

honey
26-Feb-09, 14:30
not a person, but a character...

Clowns!!! argh!!!!

skinnydog
26-Feb-09, 21:00
Richard Hammond. When he does those supermarket adverts he is a right twit!!

Alan
26-Feb-09, 22:43
Some for the list:

David Cameron
George Osborne (Who doesn't want to slap that man? Preferably with a fish.)
The Question Time host... Dimbelby? Can't remember the name.

And a few I disagree with:

Jim Carey. That man was/is funny. Who doesn't laugh at "Liar Liar"? And he is brilliant in "The Truman Show".
Tony Blair, I don't think he should be on the list. He's a man who has made mistakes, he's not slimy.
George Bush. He was just incompetent, nothing else. He's not evil, and is regarded as a nice guy by most who know him. A bad president, but a nice guy.

cat
26-Feb-09, 23:01
jimmy saville(just after him bein in paper,reminded me i never liked him)
MP's(yeah pretty much all o them)
mylene klass(designs awful baby clothes,is on the tv so much she canna possibly be the fantastic mum she makes out she is)

Cinderella's Shoe
26-Feb-09, 23:48
Nicola Sturgeon
John McCuirick sp
Jade Goody
Vanilla Ice
Michael Winner
Gordon Strachan
Tracy Emmin
Roger Saxon
John Swinney
Michael Howard

Roger Saxon!

Wow - I'd love to hear the story behind that one!

Cinderella's Shoe
26-Feb-09, 23:57
I would add Saxon's old mate Graeme Smith to the list - smoother than Teflon Tony (who SHOULD be on the list BTW), Graeme has managed to sail through the CHAP farce without losing any body heat.....

Alex Salmond

Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Davies

Tim Henman

Austin Healy

Dadie
27-Feb-09, 00:02
Most of the list abd a few others which I cannot recall at the moment other than some creeps at work which I cannot name!

Buttercup
27-Feb-09, 00:27
To name but a few:
Ricky Gervais
Liam & Noel Gallagher
Jackie Bird
Timmy Mallet
Sylvester Stallone
Chris Evans
Richard Madely
Eli Dingle in Emmerdale

kitty kat
27-Feb-09, 00:34
To name but a few:
Ricky Gervais
Liam & Noel Gallagher
Jackie Bird
Timmy Mallet
Sylvester Stallone and his mum Jackie.......
Chris Evans
Richard Madely
Eli Dingle in Emmerdale

i think its her name:confused

Alan
27-Feb-09, 00:35
Jonathan Ross ~ Tim Henman ~ Austin Healy

No ~ Yes ~ Yes

Also, Brain Moore (continuing the rugby theme).

Alan
27-Feb-09, 00:45
Also, if the question was "What Makes Your Skin "Crawl"?", then I would say that scene in The Mummy where the Scarab beetles go under the guys skin. Gives me the shivers every time.

kitty kat
27-Feb-09, 00:47
Also, if the question was "What Makes Your Skin "Crawl"?", then I would say that scene in The Mummy where the Scarab beetles go under the guys skin. Gives me the shivers every time.

thank you alan just before i go to bed that is not a nice scene right enough in the words of my granny 'it gives me the willy's'

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-09, 00:48

Thats my favourite part! :Razz

Alan
27-Feb-09, 00:51
Thats my favourite part! :Razz

Now that I am a mature adult (...) it is my favourite part as well. But when I first saw it I couldn't sleep for days. I was certain that I would wake up in the middle of the night being eaten by Scarab beetles.

Shabbychic
27-Feb-09, 11:35
There are a lot of people I don't like, that have already been mentioned, but they don't actually make my skin crawl. There are some however that really do give me the creeps.

Daniel Day-Lewis.
Neal McDonough (Dave Williams - Desperate Housewives)
Hugh Hefner
John McCririck
John Francis Daley (Dr Sweets - Bones)
Clint Eastwood
Mike Myers
Denzel Washington
Ford Kiernan (Chewin' the Fat)

Some Characters that are awful.

Mr Bean
Father Jack
Steptoe AND Son

elaine
27-Feb-09, 12:20
A teacher that I know who married and has lots of kids with an ex pupil of hers whom she had taught since he was in 1st year - EWWWWWWWW.

(shudder)