PDA

View Full Version : Pentalina

TheOldByre
23-Feb-09, 22:16
Any recent news on when the Pentalina might be coming back into service ?

I'm making a crossing on that route soon, and was looking forward for a ride on the new vomit comet.

davie
23-Feb-09, 23:22
No word this past week or so. As far as I know she is still berthed in the Hope, waiting for bow thruster repairs. The Tugwifie who looks in here regularly usually gets up to date info on these things.
I am also planiing a trip on this vomit comet, as you call her, but just for the experience. And of course a day pub crawling in KW.

Geo
23-Feb-09, 23:47
Repairs already! What happened?

TheOldByre
23-Feb-09, 23:48
Maiden voyage and the thrusters stopped, er, thrusting.

Tugmistress
24-Feb-09, 07:56
No news so far that i've heard. the claymore is doing the run at the moment and restricted to 12 passengers.

Sairheed
24-Feb-09, 10:18
No word this past week or so. As far as I know she is still berthed in the Hope, waiting for bow thruster repairs. The Tugwifie who looks in here regularly usually gets up to date info on these things.
I am also planiing a trip on this vomit comet, as you call her, but just for the experience. And of course a day pub crawling in KW.

I'm not sure you will be able to meet your objective - the last time I looked I couldn't find any connecting transport to KW from St M Hope.

davie
24-Feb-09, 11:28
I had it in mind there was a bus service from St Margarets Hope to Kirkwall - maybe it was a seasonal thing ?

Tighsonas4
24-Feb-09, 11:41
AN UPDATE
the claymore has been sold to the contintent[cant mind where] and goes in the middle of next month
there still working on the hydraulics for the bow thrusters but expects the cat will be able to take over in 10 days time or so
this on orkney news this morning !!!!! tony

Stroma
25-Feb-09, 11:55
:confusedDon't know what kind of company they're running when they can't even be bothered to update their website.Was going across tonight with Northlink but they have cancelled,and have given plenty notice,looked up Pentland ferries web site,all ok,gave them a phone only to find they to have cancelled.Still no update on their site.Must dash and catch the 1315 from Scrabster.
BTW, Claymore sold to Denmark.

Tighsonas4
25-Feb-09, 13:56
the claymore has to go to denmark by the 15th of march and when the pentalina starts is anyones quess
notice there web site is not always up to date tony