PDA

View Full Version : Wick High vs Nairn Academy

Alice in Blunderland
23-Feb-09, 20:07
http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/news/newsreleases/2009/January/2009-01-27-01.htm

To the campaigners for Wick High this must stick in your throat. [evil]

Theres money in the pot but not for Wick. Nairn get 1.8 million and they are nowhere near the state of Wick High but then again they are not in the far North of Scotland where the country bumpkins live. ;)

COACHMAN
23-Feb-09, 20:37
This school is in the ward of the Council Convener and he pushed for the money . .Our school is in the ward of the Chairman of the Education Commitee he does not seem to be pushing over hard to get more money for Wick nor do Councillors MacNab and Smith.
I forgot it the school that needs money NOT CHAP or PPP as that seems to be the only time THAT TWO are heard

Alice in Blunderland
23-Feb-09, 20:46
Its getting to the point where a blind man can see something is far, far wrong with the way money is being allocated.

If ,and I mean If, its a case of wheeling and dealing amongst fellow councillors then its about time ours jumped on the bandwagon . Playing fair just doesnt seem to be cutting it. :roll:

The only other option is since Highland Council is so keen on Gaelic ..... jump on that bandwagon.

Bring in the Gaelic to the Highschool then the money will have to come Wicks way and theres nothing no-one can do about it............................well maybe :lol:
Oh thats if they can find enough Galic speaking teachers. :eek: As it is we have a hard enough job recruiting and retaining when they speak good old English.

marlyn
23-Feb-09, 21:06
I have never been in Wick Academy but I can tell you that Nairn Academy was in a pretty poor state when I left it 19 years ago, mainly due to a very poor design of flat roofs when it was designed and built.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Feb-09, 21:34
Its a disgrace that in this day and age High schools are having to compete for the title ours is the worst to have any chance of a decent amount of money being spent on them. [evil]

Wick High along with many others in the Highlands are in a disgusting state of disrepair.

The council priorities seem to have gone from being black and white to grey in colour shadowed by cuts, cuts and more cuts.

Money is tight I agree but you dont have to look far to see blatant squandering of cash and scratch my back and Ill scratch yours.

Wick Ward Forum meet next Tuesday and I think Ill pop along to watch what falls out of the mouths of the powers that be for an answer to the questions I know that have been tabled about this issue. :D

Alice in Blunderland
23-Feb-09, 21:39
I have never been in Wick Academy but I can tell you that Nairn Academy was in a pretty poor state when I left it 19 years ago, mainly due to a very poor design of flat roofs when it was designed and built.

Wick High was in a bad way when I left over twenty years ago. The heating doesnt work properly, the windows are in poor condition major cracks as in structural in stairwells. etc etc There was a presentation done by the parent council on it but I dont know where it would be to post. :)

As I said its a bad time when schools have to score points against each other to get some cash. :(

marlyn
24-Feb-09, 16:32
You are right ALice it is really sad that it comes down to that.