PDA

View Full Version : how do you get a dentist appointment?

wickscorrie
23-Feb-09, 18:21
middle of last week i noticed that one of my teeth had a hole in it, now i'm not very brave with dentists so said to myself must get round to getting in touch with them and getting it filled, also the thought of the bill was putting me off as well, but on friday morning the hole was bigger so gave in and phoned only to be told that they are fully booked and that they could only put me on a cancellation list. now today the tooth is starting to niggle which means could be looking at toothache, now as i said earlier i don't like dentists (nothing personnel!) i hate anyone fiddling with my mouth especially if pain is involved, so i phone again only to be told that if it is an emergency i could be taken but otherwise still to wait on the emergency list. well me being truthful i said that i wasn't in total agony. but i also know that this tooth ain't going to get better without dental intervention, so should i have said that YES i was in total agony or do i have to grin and bear it and wait for the pain to totally set in. seems silly when if i got it filled now it may be a smaller job than waiting for later and possibly having the tooth removed (which i really don't think i could sit for without being knocked out as i'm really not that brave)
any suggestions!

changilass
23-Feb-09, 18:23
Tell em its agony. Having said that its the drilling as gets me, so would prefer having it pulled.

Julia
23-Feb-09, 20:05
Dental Helpline on 0845 644 2271.

If you ring at 9am you will get an appointment the same day, but you must be in pain which you obviously are. They will not knock you out up here, I had a 3rd molar out recently and having my wisdom tooth out on Friday, it's not that bad.

poppett
23-Feb-09, 23:40
I swear by neurofen for dental treatment. I had two the night before, two after breakfast and two as I went into the dentists chair and had root canal treatment without any injections. Hate needles to point of phobia.

Penelope Pitstop
24-Feb-09, 16:47
Dental Helpline on 0845 644 2271.

If you ring at 9am you will get an appointment the same day, but you must be in pain which you obviously are. They will not knock you out up here, I had a 3rd molar out recently and having my wisdom tooth out on Friday, it's not that bad.

This is your best option. Julia is right phone at 9am (or as near as) and you'll get appointment same day. Good old NHS!!