PDA

View Full Version : More prayers needed

DeHaviLand
23-Feb-09, 15:31
My much loved, old labrador Pep, sudenly collapsed last night, and although in no obvious pain, she was unable to stand. I sat with her all through the night, and first thing this morning, took her to the vet, fully expecting that she would have to be PTS. After examining her, the vet said that her heart was racing, but her pulse was weak. We decided that we would give her another chance, and she has been given tablets for her heart, though only enough for today and tomorrow, and a diuretic to clear fluid from her lungs.
At the moment, she is a little perkier, and is able to lift her head, though the diuretic doesn't appear to be doing its job.
She has been the only constant in my life these last 15 years, and losing her will be tough, although I am realistic about the likely outcome.
Your thoughts and prayers for her are very much needed.

Julia
23-Feb-09, 15:34
I'm very sorry to hear about poor Pep, thinking of you both!

Blondie
23-Feb-09, 15:37
Thinking of you and hoping for good news for Pep.

binbob
23-Feb-09, 15:43
i am so sorry to hear this.truly hope she will pick up.u are both in my prayers.

carasmam
23-Feb-09, 15:54
Thinking of you, fingers x'd she will perk up

annex
23-Feb-09, 16:00
I'm so sorry to hear about Pep. I hope she recovers soon and gets back to normal.
Thoughts out to you.
x

Liz
23-Feb-09, 16:06
I am so very sorry that Pep is poorly. Will definitely send some prayers up for her.Will be thinking of you.

Thumper
23-Feb-09, 16:20
Poor Pep!I will put up a good word for her also,nothing worse than worrying about your dog-but we both know that already!Keep us up to date with her condition please! x

poppett
23-Feb-09, 16:46
Hope Pep improves to let you have a bit longer together.

balto
23-Feb-09, 17:03
poor pep, hope she feels better soon, thinking of you both.

wifie
23-Feb-09, 17:15
15 years is a lovely long time for you both - but wishing you and she good things.

Anne x
23-Feb-09, 17:20
All the very best to you both hopefully the pills will do there job it is just awful when our pets are sick

cuddlepop
23-Feb-09, 17:31
Poor pep, its so difficult to imagine life without your friend after having 15 years together.I bet they know your every tbought and just instinctively know whats your day been like.:(

Its a special connection:D

Enjoy what time you have with them and remember they're alwas with us.

Big hug.

teenybash
23-Feb-09, 18:28
Hopes and prayer for Pep that soon she will feel better.....never give up hope......Bright blessings to you both to help you through....

cazmanian_minx
23-Feb-09, 18:51
Thinking of you both - fingers very tightly crossed.

Foxy
24-Feb-09, 01:45
Sorry to hear about Pep being unwell my thoughts and prayers are with you.

anneoctober
24-Feb-09, 13:29
Am sending "distance" healing to Pep. Love to you both. Anne xx

DeHaviLand
24-Feb-09, 16:06
Sadly, my beautiful and faithful old girl Pep had to be PTS this morning. She is now at rest in the garden of my house, along with the ashes of her son Dollar. She was a terrific dog, and I will miss her greatly.

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and good wishes.

Rest well old girl, your work is done.

Anne x
24-Feb-09, 16:17
Ah what lovely sentiments for a faithful pal at peace now all the best we are thinking about you

Anne & Gabby

teenybash
24-Feb-09, 16:31
I am so, so very sorry...........I know your heart must breaking. I hold you in my thoughts and send you hugs of comfort.

Sweet dreams Pep................:~(

dousslesh
24-Feb-09, 17:02
Just read your post . For some reason the screen of my PC is all blurry ! Your words were such a lovely simple moving tribute to a much loved pet. So sorry, Take care and hold on to the memories.

carasmam
24-Feb-09, 17:21
Sorry to hear your sad news. Run free Pep, she'll be waiting for you at the bridge ....

binbob
24-Feb-09, 17:30
so very sad to hear of ur loss....run free,pep.
take care...

poppett
24-Feb-09, 17:44
Sorry to hear Pep has been laid to rest. Forever in your heart and mind. A vet once told me the PTS is the kindest thing a human can do for its old and suffering companion.

MadPict
24-Feb-09, 17:56
Sadly, my beautiful and faithful old girl Pep had to be PTS this morning. She is now at rest in the garden of my house, along with the ashes of her son Dollar. She was a terrific dog, and I will miss her greatly.

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and good wishes.

Rest well old girl, your work is done.

Sorry to hear of you sad news. We had to have our dog put to sleep on 21st Dec 08. For the first time in 20 years we had a xmas that didn't include one or both our dogs.
Being retired I miss her really badly and even now 2 months later I expect to see her face popping round the door expecting to be let out.

A friend sent me this and while it helped, I still miss the dog....

Hope it helps you -

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won
You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stands the test.
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer? So
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
It is a kindness that you do to me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do -
We've been so close we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Thumper
24-Feb-09, 18:33
Madpict,that poem says it all really well done for sharing it.
Dehaviland-so sorry to hear about Pep she is now free and painfree which may help you feel a bit better about losing her,you know you gave her a good life,take comfort in that x

Liz
24-Feb-09, 19:55
DeHaviland I am so very sorry on the loss of your dear friend.

I know your heart will be breaking but in time all the wonderful memories of your time with Pep will help to heal it and you will remember her and smile instead of cry.

Take care.

MadPict that is a lovely poem. Only fellow animal lovers can truly understand the pain of losing a much loved pet.

Run free darling Pep.

unicorn
24-Feb-09, 20:02
So sorry to hear your sad news dehaviland, it is such a hard thing to do :~( madpict your poem brought tears to my eyes :~(

Margaret M.
24-Feb-09, 21:11
DeHaviland, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your buddy Pep. When it's time for them to leave, it is so very painful.

MadPict, that is a beautiful, powerful piece.

purplelady
24-Feb-09, 23:56
So sorry to hear about pep it is so heart breaking when we have to let them go is'nt it xxxx

ShelleyCowie
25-Feb-09, 00:29
:~(....words cant describe how sad that is. So sorry to hear about Pep.

Madpict, i had a tear in ma eye wi that poem :~(

Venture
25-Feb-09, 01:30
DeHaviland I'm so sorry for your loss. Pep is at peace and pain free now. It's so hard to get used to not having them around. Time will heal your broken heart. Take Care.

MadPict what a beautiful poem. Thank-you for sharing it with us.

arana negra
25-Feb-09, 10:19
So sorry to read the latest news, I dread the day,we have had a few days when we thought we were going to lose our new friend. The best decisions are often the hardest.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-09, 13:58
I'm so sorry that you had to have Pep PTS,its one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make,but the kindest and indeed said my goodbyes in the car.

I spoke to my old friend and told her she'd be in no more pain.somehow she knew and went in gracefully.:~(

Madpict that is a beautiful peom,had me in tears.

Pep is still by yourside and alwas will be your faithfull friend.

take care and a big hug.

anneoctober
25-Feb-09, 15:56
Glad Pep is no longer in distress, but so sorry for your loss of a wonderful lady. Love to you . Anne xx

fuzzypeg
26-Feb-09, 16:22
my thoughts are with you dehaviland.

what a moving poem mp

jean
26-Feb-09, 17:56
run free over the bridge Pep.
thinking of you x