PDA

View Full Version : The Iraqi Sniper

RandomHero
14-Feb-06, 23:08
Don't know if anyone saw the video but it is chilling. The video starts with an Iraqi terrorist calling him the 'Iraqi Sniper' and proclaiming he has nine bullets for Bush and that he will kill nine people, just so it can be watched. We then see a series of soldiers being shot in the head from distance. Some soldiers are drinking water, sitting in a tank and some talking to kids. Before people start standing up for terrorists in Iraq, saying we are the bad guys, they should watch this. Every time a soldier is hit, I think 'that man has a mother'. Sometimes the propaganda we see makes us think less of our troops but don't forget that they are our troops. We see few videos of Iraqi's getting us, but trust men, they do.

If you want to see the video, let me know.

JAWS
14-Feb-06, 23:51
Don't know if anyone saw the video but it is chilling. The video starts with an Iraqi terrorist calling him the 'Iraqi Sniper' and proclaiming he has nine bullets for Bush and that he will kill nine people, just so it can be watched. We then see a series of soldiers being shot in the head from distance. Some soldiers are drinking water, sitting in a tank and some talking to kids. Before people start standing up for terrorists in Iraq, saying we are the bad guys, they should watch this. Every time a soldier is hit, I think 'that man has a mother'. Sometimes the propaganda we see makes us think less of our troops but don't forget that they are our troops. We see few videos of Iraqi's getting us, but trust men, they do.

Now RandomHero, you know that is just nasty propaganda put about by Bush and Blair.
Only our troops would do anything like that, the Iraqis would never behead anybody and certainly not in full view and arrange for a cameraman to be there.
Such things don't happen because our media are to squeamish to show the truth. They only want to show bad things about our troops and anything else would ruin that!
Besides, they asked the UN if they could do that and they took no reply as being permission!

Saveman
15-Feb-06, 00:10

Sounds like a horrendous video. We can only hope for justice for all perpetrators of this type of crime.

fred
15-Feb-06, 00:19

The only people who have stood up for terrorists in Iraq are the ones who defended the British soldiers captured on video, they were the terrorists then.

Did you see the British soldiers? Did they look terrified to you? How about the children being beaten? Wern't they the ones who were terrified?

JAWS
15-Feb-06, 00:40
Perhaps the "children" should have been shot in the head from a distance then they would not have looked terrified either!
What about the Iraqi soldiers dragged off buses, bound and executed with a shot from behind? I wonder if they looked terrified?
What about the hostages kept for weeks and made to plead for their lives before being beheaded on video for the entertainment of the mobs? I wonder if they looked terrified? Perhaps we should demand the News of the World Publish pictures and that the Media show the videos on the Tea Time News so we get a true picture of what is happening.
After all, the media can hardly say they don’t have copies.
Or are they only allowed to show the bad things done by one side as is normal?

Gleber2
15-Feb-06, 03:20
Read the history of the Napoleonic Wars from the English books and then read it in French from the other side of the Channel. Vive la differance!!

squidge
15-Feb-06, 10:46
I think we should all have a wee collection and buy fred an air ticket - one way to Iraq. He can stay there for a wee while and see what's what and maybe meet a few terrrorists and a few soldiers and a few nice iraqui people and see how he feels after that. With a bit of luck he will avoid the sniper and the people who chop others heads off and then he can come back and tell us what he found - direct from the horses mouth as it were:roll:

bigjjuk
15-Feb-06, 11:24
FRED

You are taking a one sided view of things, A iraqi sniper shooting and killing at random is what has been posted in this topic and you left no comment wot so ever. You just ranted on about the previous post which has 6 pages already. What are your views on this Sniper?????? I think it is disgusting, some people say we shouldnt be there other opinions differ. I say Britain is my country and i will back that country fully, not put them down and stamp on them. The soldiers are doing there duty in a war ravaged and terrorist filled country

PhilR
15-Feb-06, 11:44
Hey Fred, would those be the British soldiers who were just about to be handed over to militant militias by the police force we are training so we can withdraw from Iraq? Hmmm....can't quite see your logic there, but I certainly agree with Squidge, and if they buy the air ticket, I'll be more than happy to introduce you to plenty of locals here.

Unfortunately, I don't always have the luxury of international media access to see all the gory details, so I get very confused when I step outside my front door and see situation totally different to what you describe! You keep watching your screen, Fred, and keep us all informed of your reality. My Iraqi friends are split between rage and amusement when I show them your posts!!

fred
15-Feb-06, 11:54
FRED

You are taking a one sided view of things, A iraqi sniper shooting and killing at random is what has been posted in this topic and you left no comment wot so ever. You just ranted on about the previous post which has 6 pages already. What are your views on this Sniper?????? I think it is disgusting, some people say we shouldnt be there other opinions differ. I say Britain is my country and i will back that country fully, not put them down and stamp on them. The soldiers are doing there duty in a war ravaged and terrorist filled country

My taxes don't pay the snipers wages, he doesn't represent me or my country.

The poster made accusations of people standing up for terrorists, I pointed out that the only terrorists I'd seen people standing up for were the British ones.

bigjjuk
15-Feb-06, 12:06
Yet again fred has avoided the topic post and deviated into his on little place where our country is wrong and will not even take into consideration the actual topic posted. Did you actually read the topic????

Philr I dont know you but keep up the good work, You and your colleagues make me proud to be british

RandomHero
15-Feb-06, 12:14
My taxes don't pay the snipers wages, he doesn't represent me or my country.

The poster made accusations of people standing up for terrorists, I pointed out that the only terrorists I'd seen people standing up for were the British ones.

Fred, I suggest you stop posting on this thread. Back down. Admit when you are wrong.

wickerinca
15-Feb-06, 16:27
Where do we send the donations towards fred's air fare?;)

Keep your head down philr:grin:

fred
15-Feb-06, 19:24
Fred, I suggest you stop posting on this thread. Back down. Admit when you are wrong.

I usually find that when people just try to shout me down without offering any logical argument it means I am right.

I don't make any distinction between an Iraqi sniper and an American sniper except that one is defending his homeland and the other is part of an army of occupation. Could you explain the difference to me? Why one of them is refered to as a "terrorist" yet the other one isn't?

JAWS
15-Feb-06, 19:49
I usually find that when people just try to shout me down without offering any logical argument it means I am right.

I don't make any distinction between an Iraqi sniper and an American sniper except that one is defending his homeland and the other is part of an army of occupation. Could you explain the difference to me? Why one of them is refered to as a "terrorist" yet the other one isn't?
I can't explain the difference fred they are both snipers. So why do you only seem to find the American one so distasteful?

fred
15-Feb-06, 21:43
I can't explain the difference fred they are both snipers. So why do you only seem to find the American one so distasteful?

I said I made no distinction. Would you like to answer the question I asked as to why one is refered to as a "terrorist" but the other one isn't?

JAWS
16-Feb-06, 00:10
I said I made no distinction. Would you like to answer the question I asked as to why one is refered to as a "terrorist" but the other one isn't?
Obviously neither of them fred because the only "terrorists" you have seen are "British ones".

Rheghead
16-Feb-06, 01:03
I asked as to why one is refered to as a "terrorist" but the other one isn't?

I define a terrorist as one who uses violence to instill or maintain a non democratic or non representational regime or tries by violence to topple a democratically elected regime and/or its defenders.

A freedom fighter is one who uses violence against a non-democratic body to get free democracy elections.

bigjjuk
16-Feb-06, 09:49
I repeat myself again, Fred has made many different opinions to our boys as legal terrorists, troops of occupation, thugs etc. But he still hasnt answered the thread originally posted about how upsetting it is to have an iraqi sniper killing our boys. So FRED What is your opinion, you seem to be avoiding the issue and then posting different twisted opinions based around the subject.
Ill even make it easier for you.
1. Do you agree with this sniper???
2. Do you condown this snipers actions???
3. Do you have any pity on our boys being out there at all???

By the way im am all for my country if anyone else reads this post, im british through thick and thin.

Lets see if he answers or try a tricky little method to avoid answering

fred
16-Feb-06, 11:10
I repeat myself again, Fred has made many different opinions to our boys as legal terrorists, troops of occupation, thugs etc. But he still hasnt answered the thread originally posted about how upsetting it is to have an iraqi sniper killing our boys. So FRED What is your opinion, you seem to be avoiding the issue and then posting different twisted opinions based around the subject.
Ill even make it easier for you.
1. Do you agree with this sniper???
2. Do you condown this snipers actions???
3. Do you have any pity on our boys being out there at all???

By the way im am all for my country if anyone else reads this post, im british through thick and thin.

Lets see if he answers or try a tricky little method to avoid answering

No I dont agree with this sniper, I don't condone his actions plenty of other people did when he was in Chechnia, Afghanistan and Bosnia shooting at Communists though. In Chechnia we didn't call him a terrorist he was a "rebel" and in Afghanistan he was a "freedom fighter" but they were the same groups of Muslims as are in Iraq now and they were backed and financed by the west, some even recruited by the British Government from the Mosques of Britain.

I have pity for the relatives of all those killed in Iraq Christian or Muslim and I have pity for all those maimed and mutilated who will live lives of pain and misery because the people of the west let their patrotism and nationalist emotions be manipulated by a few rich and powerful people to make themselves richer and more powerful. I don't hate the Iraqi sniper or the American sniper, I pity them too just as I pity a child that is beaten as where that child was born or who is doing the beating.

If everyone feels so much pity for our boys over there why do they keep finding new places to send them to be killed and maimed? When Bush and Blair get together to decide if it will be Iran or Syria that will be the next killing ground where will their pity be? When the elections come around why will everyone care more about a penny off income tax than if our boys are sent off to die?

Who don't I pity? Here's one http://www.alternet.org/story/29709/

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 16:08
Who don't I pity? Here's one http://www.alternet.org/story/29709/[/quote]

Fred pleae......what does that link have to do with it? I don't think that the sniper would be firing at the bulletproof vests of the troops...unless of course, he had read that article and was hoping for a soldier to be still wearing a 'defective' one.

There is no mention from you of the thousands and thousands of people who were killed under Saddam's rule. Was he justified in what he was doing in the same way as the sniper is 'justified' in that he was protecting his homeland and governing body from people who would overthrow that regime? I have mixed feelings about the 'war', 'invasion' whatever you want to call it, but we are there and it's a mess but what do we do. Pull out and let them murder each other?????.......think that we have been in that situation before?