PDA

View Full Version : Despicable theft

KitKat
14-Feb-06, 21:47
This is serious. Some people we know in Henrietta St have been burgled and had items taken from their house. The awful thing is their son was killed a couple of years ago and some of the things taken were the last precious items they had of him. I can't believe in this community which has supported them so well through their first awful ordeal there isn't SOMEONE who has information on who these dreadful thieves are or where the stolen goods might be. Please, please can I ask everyone to do whatever they can to help this couple. If anyone has any information, no matter how small, please let the police know, even anonymously through Crimestoppers. We must find these villians and get the stuff back.

coastown
14-Feb-06, 22:05
Heard About The Break In Last Night ,i Also Know The Couple .they Have Both Been Through A Lot. And Definately Did Not Deserve This To Happen.

AR
14-Feb-06, 22:07
Its discusting that this could happen in Wick especially at such an early time in the evening(7pm from what ive been told)

connieb19
14-Feb-06, 22:09
This is awful..I hope they catch whoever it was soon:~(
It's a disgrace that this is happening and someone is bound to hear something in a small town like this!!

unicorn
14-Feb-06, 22:11
That is absolutely sickening.... Some people just have no care or respect for anything or anyone... I hope you let these poor people know that people feel awful for them and pass on their sympathies and anger at this terrible act. I truly hope they recover these things.

star
14-Feb-06, 22:35
I just cant believe how callous some people can be, I heard about the break-in today and was sickened, this family have been to hell and back this last couple of years.

When are the police going to do something about these people, there have been numerous break in's in the past few months.

The woman across the road from me was broken into, her husband died last year and they took all her jewellery including her wedding and engagement rings, and even went through her clothes drawers, I can't imagine what that must feel like to have the last mementos you have of a loved one stolen from you.

Something has to be done about these people, but unfortunatley I know first hand that they don't leave any evidence leaving very little for the police to go on, but don't tell me they don't know who these people are.

connieb19
14-Feb-06, 22:42
Even if they catch these people I doubt very much whether they would get anything more than a few hours community service.:(
It's always the same people in court in Wick week after week and the same light sentences.
It's a disgrace!![mad]

star
14-Feb-06, 22:54
I understand the frustration of the police, and the fact they have to work within the limitations of the law, but people are getting frustrated with the fact these people seem to be getting of scot free, they are ruining peoples lives and there is no repurcussions for them whereas their victims have lost personal possessions that no money can replace.

Venture
14-Feb-06, 23:10
I know this couple as well and I am so sad to hear about what happened. Life has dealt them a very hard blow already and this is the last thing they needed. If its true that things were taken that belonged to their late son then that is heartbreaking for them. Everything possible must be done to catch these evil people.

Fran
14-Feb-06, 23:47
i dont know who the people are but how dreadful for them. Its good to know people are caring for them. i hope they get their possessions back very soon. The police must know who the criminals are, its usually the same gang of lads going around.If any of them are reading this please return the property to these poor people.

Chillie
15-Feb-06, 02:34
I know them also and feel so sorry for them, the police know who these villians are and are to scared to tackle them, its the same people over and over again, i do hope some police are ogers and read these posts and get their fingers out and go catch these rats and exterminate them for once and all.[evil] [mad]

Lucy
15-Feb-06, 09:33
I read Kit Kats message here on the board last night and was racking my brains as to who these poor people were. I have only now read my Caithness Courier and found out. My heart goes out to them they have had the most devastating time over the past few years. They are such lovely people and no-one should have to go through what happened to them. I will not say what i think of the 2 who broke into their house as it will probably cause a life suspension from this message board but i'm sure most of you think the same as me. God bless this family and take strenght that our thoughts are with you.

obiron
15-Feb-06, 10:17
just read the courier myself. its an absolute disgrace shame on the people who did this the lowest of the low. this is a small town thou we will probably hear who did it soon.

nevis
15-Feb-06, 10:35
These people must be caught and we should all rally together and supply the police with any information that we have. We all know that the police must have a very good idea who these criminals are, but we have to remember that the court as well as the police need the evidence to do something about it. So just remember we must all abide the law as it is and not as we would like it to be.

My heart goes out to the victims of this crime.

wicker
15-Feb-06, 10:58
Its absolutely disgusting that this has happened, people must know who it was, they have to shop them for it and the courts have to do something about it for a change.
Name and shame them, it will be the usual suspects i reckon

cuddlepop
15-Feb-06, 11:00
I read this last night on the board and had know idea how to respond.To say i was shocked is an understatment.You read about these thigs every day but i never thought it could or would happen in Wick.My sympathy goes out to the couple, even not knowing them makes know difference its a dispicable crime[evil]

paris
15-Feb-06, 11:22
How low can some people/scum get. I dont know of the family concerned but my heart goes out to them. These scum WILL be caught but its the belonging that need to be returned. The items are usually sold on for drugs/drink money, so if who ever buys them for god sake take them back to the couple who have lost there son. Belongings mean so much when you lose someone.

The Angel Of Death
15-Feb-06, 12:26
These scum WILL be caught.
I hope they do but its getting to the stage that i want to see longer more harsh stretches inside for offenders we all know of some of the "locals" that have lists as long as there arms and all they seem to get is a slap on the wrist small fine paid back at a couple of pounds a week for the next few years and told be on there way

misty woman
15-Feb-06, 13:42
I was also compleatly sickened to read this story in todays paper,how can those pair of scumbags put this poor couple through more pain,my heart goes out to this poor couple.

paris
15-Feb-06, 15:00
Does anyone actually know who is responsible? If so ,can i ask you to have a word with them and get the family's things back even if it means paying the little sods then im sure we could all send some money to whoever gets them back to cover your costs. Just an idea.

saxovtr
15-Feb-06, 15:46
that is really bad,my thoughts are with them,i hope they find out who it was and they get prosecuted severely for it,but dosnt any1 agree a situation like this would be overcome if the police werent sitting in the precinct waiting for cruisers to go past,fair enuf they cant watch every house in wick but they are focusing on the wrong thing,im sure a few wil agree wick is bad for break ins!!!! i really really hope the police found out who it was that has done such a disgraceful act its not rite these people shud be jailed!!!!!!

caithnessgirl
15-Feb-06, 16:28
that is really bad,my thoughts are with them,i hope they find out who it was and they get prosecuted severely for it,but dosnt any1 agree a situation like this would be overcome if the police werent sitting in the precinct waiting for cruisers to go past,fair enuf they cant watch every house in wick but they are focusing on the wrong thing,im sure a few wil agree wick is bad for break ins!!!! i really really hope the police found out who it was that has done such a disgraceful act its not rite these people shud be jailed!!!!!!

Not trying to start an argument here so plz dont take offence.
Sorry Saxo, but you seem to have turned this on its head and focus on "boyracers" again. This couple have had a tough time of it and i think we should be thankful for what we have, if you get stopped by the police then who's fault is it but your own. At least you are well & healthy (i presume) and should count your blessings!
You only live once.
I hope they find the brutes and the family know the community is behind them.
Best wishes to them x

willowbankbear
15-Feb-06, 17:31
Hope theyre caught for it, pity No-one will kick some sense into them, obviously jail wont work for these 2 , I ken violence is bad but.........

wickerinca
15-Feb-06, 17:39
The is the first that I have heard of this break-in and I do not know who is involved but they have obviously had a real bad time of it from your posts and I am really sorry for them.

I have heard mutterings that there seems to be a certain criminal element terrorising parts of the town and causing all sorts of trouble. It's time that something was done about this. Seems that there is a lack of confidence in the police and their ability to address this problem. Perhaps we should all start writing to the Chief Constable asking for a concentrated effort be made to sort these people out?

saxovtr
15-Feb-06, 18:32
well i took offence so dont start on this topic use ur common sense,i was simply giving an example ok,terrible thing to happen to people,violence maybe not solve things but for people who steal and break in shud be.......[mad]

badger
15-Feb-06, 18:41
I don't believe the people who do this kind of thing have any feelings for anyone else or can even begin to imagine the pain and heartache they cause. Many years ago my house (not this one) was broken into and some antique jewelry stolen, some years later I was again burgled in another house and what remained was taken so all I had left was what I was wearing. This must be a common enough story - the monetary value was totally unimportant to me and I doubt if the thieves knew what it was. The sentimental value was incalculable because each item had a history - who gave it and in what circumstances - and should have been passed on to my children. This does not begin to compare with the loss felt by the family in Wick and I fear it is very unlikely that they will recover what they have lost or that the thieves will be caught. It is a sickening crime. How do you even begin to get through to these thugs? What makes them tick? Is it to get money for drugs or what?

nightowl
15-Feb-06, 19:27
When our house was broken into over a year ago, the items stolen which caused the most grief and upset, were the items of jewellery left by my mum. I think the fact that these pieces can never be replaced makes it even more hurtful.
Shortly after it happened, I had a conversation with a drug user who said he spent £90 - £100 a day to feed his habit. I don't know if this was bravado on his part or if he indeed spent this amount of money daily. Is that a big, medium or small habit? I don't have a clue. But if so, it doesn't take many like that, needing that amount of money to make me sure that no one is safe! We should all take every precaution and be watchful over each other.
My heart goes out to Janice and John and all the other folks in Caithness who have suffered and are still suffering after a break in. Keep safe!

wickerinca
15-Feb-06, 19:55
My Mum just called and told me who the couple are. If anybody will be speaking to them soon will you please pm me so I can get a message to Janice.
Thanks

Bingobabe
15-Feb-06, 23:36
i just read the paper today and was horrified to read what happened to that poor couple i must add that tonite i witnessed a incident in henreitta street and the two culpruts involved matched the descrisption in the paper and theses two culpruts i wouldnt put it past evil evil people

tommy1979
16-Feb-06, 02:01
Slap all the unwashed neds in this town with ASBOS and tag'em!!! restrict and monitor their movments..end result - crime is cut by 99%

We all know who they are.............

Bingobabe
16-Feb-06, 02:20
yes cant understand why they dont tag em could think o more things id like to do to them

abalone
16-Feb-06, 03:22
When our house was broken into over a year ago, the items stolen which caused the most grief and upset, were the items of jewellery left by my mum. I think the fact that these pieces can never be replaced makes it even more hurtful.
Shortly after it happened, I had a conversation with a drug user who said he spent £90 - £100 a day to feed his habit. I don't know if this was bravado on his part or if he indeed spent this amount of money daily. Is that a big, medium or small habit? I don't have a clue. But if so, it doesn't take many like that, needing that amount of money to make me sure that no one is safe! We should all take every precaution and be watchful over each other.
My heart goes out to Janice and John and all the other folks in Caithness who have suffered and are still suffering after a break in. Keep safe!

My Mum was broken into when she was 88.The things they stole weren't valuable but the jewellery they took was sentimental.Her fathers ring,the necklace and earrings I bought her with my first wages,the brooch and ring I made her and other items from my sisters and brothers.They can be replaced but they don't have the same memories.She never really got over the theft and moved in with me after.She died a couple of years ago aged 98.

porshiepoo
16-Feb-06, 10:01
Makes me glad I've got dogs![evil]

teritoots
17-Feb-06, 20:09
Totally disgusted with those scum bags...... surely even in their scum lives there is unsaid rules if you know what I mean? You'd never take such items surely? I feel devasted for the family as these sentimental items are things they can hold onto to and those little low lifes can steal them? If there is an ounce of decency in these thieves they should return the items ASAP!
Never mind tagging them get them locked up for a long time make an example of them might put others off!!
I truly hope the family get these items returned to them