PDA

View Full Version : Persistent weeping eye.

cuddlepop
22-Feb-09, 13:30
I donr know whta to do with "monkey nuts" for as long as we've had her which is about 2years she's had this recurrent weap coming from one of her eyes.
Usually Fucithalmic cream clears it up but not this time.One of the locum vets suspect she's got a blocked tear duct.Its an unusual operation and she wasnt sure if even the vet up her would carry out such an op.

It may all be connected to a previous obstruction she had in her wind pipe,which did clear up with a double dose of antibiotics.There are times when she kinda still makes a funny coughing noise.

anyideas?:confused

unicorn
22-Feb-09, 13:44
fucilthermic cream is very good stuff, I assume they have given the tear duct a wee squeeze to see if anything is in it. I know an old rabbit breeder who had this and when he gave it a wee squeeze a piece of corn came out :eek: I am told golden eye drops are also good?

Liz
22-Feb-09, 14:11
If it is a blocked tear duct then Scorrie's eye will probably always run a bit.

If it isn't bothering her, then if you just keep the area clean it should be fine. I know I bang on about it but Colloidal Silver is brilliant. I use it on eye problems with my pets and it clears it up in no time. You can add it to the drinking water as well.
I get it from www.ripley-wrinkes.com (http://www.ripley-wrinkes.com)

As Unicorn suggested it may be worth checking in case there is some kind of foreign body there?

Does Corrie cough if you 'press' on her throat? If so, the homeopathic remedy Drosera might help.

unicorn
22-Feb-09, 14:19
Flushing out the tear duct can make problems worse I think as it stretches the tear duct and leaves it more prone to infection.

cuddlepop
22-Feb-09, 14:22
fucilthermic cream is very good stuff, I assume they have given the tear duct a wee squeeze to see if anything is in it. I know an old rabbit breeder who had this and when he gave it a wee squeeze a piece of corn came out :eek: I am told golden eye drops are also good?

This will sound stupid but where do you squeeze?:confused

cuddlepop
22-Feb-09, 14:24
If it is a blocked tear duct then Scorrie's eye will probably always run a bit.

If it isn't bothering him, then if you just keep the area clean it should be fine. I know I bang on about it but Colloidal Silver is brilliant. I use it on eye problems with my pets and it clears it up in no time. You can add it to the drinking water as well.
I get it from www.ripley-wrinkes.com (http://www.ripley-wrinkes.com)

As Unicorn suggested it may be worth checking in case there is some kind of foreign body there?

Does Corrie cough if you 'press' on his throat? If so, the homeopathic remedy Drosera might help.

Oh Liz,scorrie's fine apart from hyper its the wee doggy delious.
I havent pressed her throat gently so will soon,she's out enjoying the dry day.
The cough is almost like she's trying to catch her breath mixed in with hiccups.:confused

Liz
22-Feb-09, 14:31
Oh Liz,scorrie's fine apart from hyper its the wee doggy delious.
I havent pressed her throat gently so will soon,she's out enjoying the dry day.
The cough is almost like she's trying to catch her breath mixed in with hiccups.:confused

Ha ha. Def nothing to worry about then.

How often does she cough? She's probably swallowed air from running around with her mouth open!lol

Liz
22-Feb-09, 14:32
PS Sorry Cuddlepop! I realise I changed Scorrie's sex in the earlier post. Now edited.:D

teenybash
22-Feb-09, 15:49
Cuddlepop the little hicuppy cough is usually wind and a pat on her sides will move the bubble.
A runny eye can also link to an ear problem where something is blocking or irritating a sinus.
My cat is prone to ear probs and when she is troubled with it her eye developes a run. When the ear is cleared up the eye does too.
Liz sounds as if she is keeping you right...good advice.