PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Motox Funday

Caithness Motox
21-Feb-09, 23:20
Caithness Motox are holding a funday on Sunday 1st March 2009 starting at 9am at our track on Ravenshill, Forss. It will cost £5 per person from ages 6 to adults. If you or anyone you know owns a quad or bike please come along and enjoy the fun. Please ensure that all riders bring an ACU stamped helmet.

Age groups / bike catogories are as follows

as per Scottish Auto Cycle Union (SACU) rules -

Schoolpersons: Age 6 -16

Classes:
< 100 Quad
> 100 Quad
Automatic
65cc
85cc (Small Wheel)
85cc (Large Wheel)
125cc Schoolboy

Adults: Age 16 years and over
Classes: 125cc
Open (Any Capacity)

For more information visit our websie www.caithnessmotox.co.uk (http://www.caithnessmotox.co.uk) or contact our club secretary Michelle Murray on 01847 821775

(http://www.caithnessmotox.co.uk/)

Caithness Motox
22-Feb-09, 20:33
Bumping this thread

poppett
23-Feb-09, 19:20
Directions please to the venue from Thurso. Will there be catering facilities and toilets at the site?

Caithness Motox
23-Feb-09, 19:57
Thank you for your query Poppet
Yes there are toilets and there will be a mobile chip shop available on site.
Travel towards Dounreay past Weigh Inn and approx 2-3 miles out of Thurso on your left hand side. There is a large sign on the gate and you should see the other traffic.
See you there, lets pray for good weather :D

JAWS
24-Feb-09, 03:20
Hope you get a good turn out.

Caithness Motox
24-Feb-09, 17:26
Thanks Jaws
I really hope so also.

mrsinkstack
24-Feb-09, 20:00
Sounds good. What sort of things will you be doing ? My kids have helmets, will there be other equipment there to buy ?

Caithness Motox
24-Feb-09, 20:28
Sounds good. What sort of things will you be doing ? My kids have helmets, will there be other equipment there to buy ?

We have advised our current members if they have any equipment that they would like to sell to bring it along. I have spoken to a few people who have expressed an interest in selling equipment.

It is hoped that we will have a lot of practice with some short races. It will all depend on what the riders want. It is an opportunity for new and existing riders to have a little bit of practice with no race pressure. We also hope to see lots of new faces especially kids who may not want to race but just have fun on their bikes. It's also a chance to pick the brains of the more experienced riders and hopefully they can give a few pointers to improve skills.

mrsinkstack
24-Feb-09, 21:02
So, it's more for the kids - think we'll come along a look

minerwilly
25-Feb-09, 23:04
I've been thinking about buying a quad and doing a bit of racing. Do you think there would be anybody there I could talk to for a little bit of advice as I'm a bit lost with it all? I'd quite like to have a look at some of the bikes though and see what I'm letting myself in for ;)

Cheers. Hopefully see you there :)

Caithness Motox
25-Feb-09, 23:19
So, it's more for the kids - think we'll come along a look

It's not just for kids but hopefully we can get some new members and raise the clubs profile. There are a lot of kids who have quads or scramblers but might no know about the club.

Caithness Motox
25-Feb-09, 23:21
I've been thinking about buying a quad and doing a bit of racing. Do you think there would be anybody there I could talk to for a little bit of advice as I'm a bit lost with it all? I'd quite like to have a look at some of the bikes though and see what I'm letting myself in for ;)

Cheers. Hopefully see you there :)

There will be plenty of experienced riders & parents there to give advice. It's also a chance to watch and see what happens to see if you would like it before you go to the expence of buying a bike!

Kathy@watten
25-Feb-09, 23:47
We are planning to go with oldest son...could he be more excited? has washed his wee quad and been horsing around the parks in eager anticipation of the big day! Hope it is all he craves and he doesn't feel completely out of his league! Nice for a club to hold an open session for the wee guys to have a taste of the real thing without the expense of joining and having to be competitive. The lady I spoke to from the club was very nice and was able to answer all my queries and hope to see folk there...thank you in anticipation!

Caithness Motox
26-Feb-09, 11:37
We are planning to go with oldest son...could he be more excited? has washed his wee quad and been horsing around the parks in eager anticipation of the big day! Hope it is all he craves and he doesn't feel completely out of his league! Nice for a club to hold an open session for the wee guys to have a taste of the real thing without the expense of joining and having to be competitive. The lady I spoke to from the club was very nice and was able to answer all my queries and hope to see folk there...thank you in anticipation!

Thank you for your very kind post.
I bet he wont feel out of his league at all - give him 5 mins and he will have made new friends and be loving it!
See you on Sunday.

chef4celebrations
28-Feb-09, 19:44
Thank you for your query Poppet
Yes there are toilets and there will be a mobile chip shop available on site.
Travel towards Dounreay past Weigh Inn and approx 2-3 miles out of Thurso on your left hand side. There is a large sign on the gate and you should see the other traffic.
See you there, lets pray for good weather :D

yes the moblie chip shop will be in attendance with a revised menu

poppett
28-Feb-09, 21:13
Give us a clue then, steak rolls, bacon butties etc., and any chips or no chips? If it`s on a need to know basis, then we need to know.

chamb
28-Feb-09, 23:40
Hi can you tell me what time it is starting on sunday??

Thanks

jinglejangle
28-Feb-09, 23:46
Hi can you tell me what time it is starting on sunday??

Thanks

Caithness Motox are holding a funday on Sunday 1st March 2009 starting at 9am at our track on Ravenshill, Forss. It will cost £5 per person from ages 6 to adults. If you or anyone you know owns a quad or bike please come along and enjoy the fun. Please ensure that all riders bring an ACU stamped helmet.

Age groups / bike catogories are as follows

as per Scottish Auto Cycle Union (SACU) rules -

Schoolpersons: Age 6 -16

Classes:
< 100 Quad
> 100 Quad
Automatic
65cc
85cc (Small Wheel)
85cc (Large Wheel)
125cc Schoolboy

Adults: Age 16 years and over
Classes: 125cc
Open (Any Capacity)

For more information visit our websie www.caithnessmotox.co.uk (http://www.caithnessmotox.co.uk) or contact our club secretary Michelle Murray on 01847 821775

(http://www.caithnessmotox.co.uk/)

Hope this helps Chamb!

chamb
28-Feb-09, 23:47
Thanks, Couldnt see for looking.

Caithness Motox
01-Mar-09, 22:14
Caithness Motox Club would like to thank everyone who attended the fun day today. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and it was great to see so many new faces - we hope you all come back.
Also thank you to all the marshals and helpers, without your assistance we couldn't hold any events.
Thank you to chef 4 celebrations for attending so we could have some lovely warm food on such a cold day.
Lastly thank you very much to AMS Motorcycles, Wick for kindly donating an adults helmet for a raffle prize.

Round 1 of the club championship is on Sunday 5th April at Ravenshill, signing on 9am. Kindly sponsored by Carol & Michael MacDonald, Halkirk. See you all there. For further information please visit our website www.caithnessmotox.co.uk (http://www.caithnessmotox.co.uk) or contact club secretary Michelle Murray 01847 821775.