PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone sea fishing in caithness

fishwithfinn
21-Feb-09, 22:15
hi every one up there who go sea fishing. We moved from Freswick a little over 3 years ago and helped run a few sea fishing comps on the beaches and piers, I have been keeping an eye on things on caithness.org but do not see any reports about sea angling has the fishing club stopped that would be such a shame as the shore fishing in caithness was pretty great compared to most places I have ever fished. We would love to hear from anyone up there
graham finn (now in sunny dover)

Amy-Winehouse
22-Feb-09, 14:05
I go fishing as often as possible(which isnt much now Im afraid ) I was out on Friday in that horrible weather at Longberry as always. I didnt catch anything but I slipped on my backside & broke the tip of the rod, bad day really!!

fishwithfinn
23-Feb-09, 23:34
sorry to hear that you broke your rod , pat and myself fished down there quite a lot and used to take a bag of sand with us to try and stop ourselve slidding all over the place, still the climb down was usually worth it we had some great pollack fishing over the edge of the rocks there float fishing sandeels. graham

S&LHEN
23-Feb-09, 23:41
Brilliant I love sea fishing but dont know where to go as ive not longed moved here I went fishing off Scrabster pier a few times but I got worried incase I wasnt ment to and came home. Tried fly fishing [disgust] no comment:lol:

shazzy
24-Feb-09, 12:22
We've just moved up to Keiss and my husband is keen fisherman,any tips on good places to fish etc please!!

highbury
24-Feb-09, 13:38
did Graham mention that Pat caught a much bigger fish than him in the time he spent up there .......ummmmmmmmm.....no he didn't........never mind Gray your secrets safe with me !!!

fishwithfinn
24-Feb-09, 17:32
Brilliant I love sea fishing but dont know where to go as ive not longed moved here I went fishing off Scrabster pier a few times but I got worried incase I wasnt ment to and came home. Tried fly fishing [disgust] no comment:lol:
there are so many places to go try dunnett bay for a starters the middle car park is good, great for small bass and good size flounders you only need an up the line rig baited with lugworm

fishwithfinn
24-Feb-09, 17:37
We've just moved up to Keiss and my husband is keen fisherman,any tips on good places to fish etc please!!
hi right on your doorstep is just great reiss sands for small flounder turbot and bass. dunnet bay much bigger flounders and bass. there are also some good rock marks have a little walk and you will soon find plenty of good rock marks very cloes to you, fishwithfinn@ecosse.net

devil's sidekick
25-Feb-09, 11:47

you can fish from the pier at scrabster whenever you want to really i go there quite often to the old ola pier sometimes you will be asked to leave if there is a cruise ship or something docking at the pier but hardly ever.

shazzy
25-Feb-09, 13:14
hi right on your doorstep is just great reiss sands for small flounder turbot and bass. dunnet bay much bigger flounders and bass. there are also some good rock marks have a little walk and you will soon find plenty of good rock marks very cloes to you, fishwithfinn@ecosse.net
ta v.much!!!!:D