PDA

View Full Version : Plusnet

shazzap
21-Feb-09, 22:01
Does anyone on here have Plusnet how do you rate the service they provide.

binbob
21-Feb-09, 22:13
i have had plusnet for about 18 months now and no problems.hope that helps.

Ash
21-Feb-09, 22:14
been with them 3years
excellent service

alanatkie
21-Feb-09, 22:19
We have been with Plusnet before the days of bb & never had a problem with them in all that time. We have also change our home phone to them as well.

shazzap
21-Feb-09, 22:38
Thanks everyone

Metalattakk
21-Feb-09, 22:49
As always, it all depends on what you want to do with your connection.

Plusnet tie you into an 18 month minimum contract, which to me is unforgivable. Who know how good their service will be in 3 months time, never mind 18?

Also, if you're doing any more than just surfing/email then (depending on your package) you're going to find your connection throttled at times. Check this link out for more details:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm

daviddd
21-Feb-09, 22:58
been with them 6 months and no problem - fast wireless, works impeccably, good value for money.

shazzap
21-Feb-09, 23:05
[quote=Metalattakk;507123]As always, it all depends on what you want to do with your connection.

Plusnet tie you into an 18 month minimum contract, which to me is unforgivable. Who know how good their service will be in 3 months time, never mind 18?

Also, if you're doing any more than just surfing/email then (depending on your package) you're going to find your connection throttled at times. Check this link out for more details:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm

Cheers Metalattakk it looks like there value package is much to be desired.
Can i ask who you are with please

Metalattakk
21-Feb-09, 23:08
Currently with UKFSN (Entanet), but things recently have been a bit fractious to say the least.

But then, with a 30-day contract I can jump ship any time I want, with no recourse (and no massive cut-off fees to pay). I'll give them a bit more time yet to get things sorted out though. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. ;)

jimbews
22-Feb-09, 10:40
Currently with UKFSN (Entanet), but things recently have been a bit fractious to say the least.

But then, with a 30-day contract I can jump ship any time I want, with no recourse (and no massive cut-off fees to pay). I'll give them a bit more time yet to get things sorted out though. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. ;)

I'm with ADSL24 who are also part of EntaNet. Haven't noticed any problems with my Home30 account. Same 30 day notice required.

In my opinion suppliers who help you to install your own equipment are also better in the long run. So many ISPs make it difficult to re-configure the computer to use other suppliers.

One suggestion is that, no matter who you pick, try NOT to use the ISP's email address - this just makes you less likely to jump ship.

Unfortunately I believe for some services (is it still the case with the ORG?) you have to use an ISP's address as they won't accept free ones like googlemail or hotmail. Makes swapping ISPs much more of a pain.

JimBews