PDA

View Full Version : Kilts

sandyr
21-Feb-09, 21:58
A msg from the renter of Highland Dress in Toronto and area......

When renting and wearing a Kilt, 'Underwear Must be Worn'.......The reason described....although it is a recognised custom and to be true to the Scottish Race, in that Underwear is not worn, the disgusting condition of the returned Kilts makes it necessary that an undertaking must be signed to that effect! An additional quote....It is most unfair that employees have to handle matters of this nature.......
Achhhhhhhh ye wild people!!(my quote)

unicorn
21-Feb-09, 21:59
yuck yuck yuck, it would be like hiring dirty drawers ewwwwwwww :lol:

joxville
21-Feb-09, 22:05
As a matter of good hygiene I always have on underwear when wearing a Kilt or dress-especially if it's a LBD. ;)

sandyr
21-Feb-09, 22:10
Yes .....Pray tell us what a LBD is. I am sure we all want to know!!!

joxville
21-Feb-09, 22:12
In this country a LBD is a little black dress. Every fashionista knows that. :)

sandyr
21-Feb-09, 22:15
Thankx...I am a wee bitty out of your field of knowledge...fortunately// unfortunately. You are making me wonder now!!!!!
Am I missing something????

canuck
21-Feb-09, 23:24
Yes .....Pray tell us what a LBD is. I am sure we all want to know!!!

It doesn't matter which side of the pond she lives on, every gal lives for the little black dress. One of the cruellest blows of mother nature is the realization that the LBD days are over.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 23:37
It doesn't matter which side of the pond she lives on, every gal lives for the little black dress. One of the cruellest blows of mother nature is the realization that the LBD days are over.

Sadly Alice has had to deal with this crisis and it was a very cruel blow indeed :lol: ;)

golach
21-Feb-09, 23:40
Ladies, how about a SLBD, a slightly larger black dress [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 23:43
A msg from the renter of Highland Dress in Toronto and area......

When renting and wearing a Kilt, 'Underwear Must be Worn'.......The reason described....although it is a recognised custom and to be true to the Scottish Race, in that Underwear is not worn, the disgusting condition of the returned Kilts makes it necessary that an undertaking must be signed to that effect! An additional quote....It is most unfair that employees have to handle matters of this nature.......
Achhhhhhhh ye wild people!!(my quote)

Underwear ........................ I worked in a shop that hired Highland dress for years and not only did you get back mucky kilts but the hirers should sew up the jacket pockets.

I remember checking a kilt hire we recieved back to make sure it was all there and got the shock of my life when I found a set of false teeth in the jacket pocket. :lol: :lol:

wifie
21-Feb-09, 23:46
As a matter of good hygiene I always have on underwear when wearing a Kilt or dress-especially if it's a LBD. ;)

Hope yer undies don't give you VPL tho!!! :eek:

joxville
21-Feb-09, 23:51
Back in 1990 when my sister got married myself and 5 brothers hired kilts for the wedding. On checking the contents of my box I discovered I was missing a skiing doo, sporran and sock flashes. As luck would have it they had been delivered to my home. I was the only one wearing full regalia at the wedding-and to this day they still don't know. [lol]

PS I know it's a skein dhu.

davie
22-Feb-09, 00:06
Ahem - Spelink Perlice here - its a SKIAN DHU by the wai !

joxville
22-Feb-09, 00:27
According to this site we are both wrong.

http://www.scotlandforvisitors.com/skeandhu.php

davie
22-Feb-09, 00:33
Sgian is the rite wurd ! - I am too smart for my own good sometimes !

TBH
22-Feb-09, 00:47
PS I know it's a skein dhu.

Ahem - Spelink Perlice here - its a SKIAN DHU by the wai !Sgian Dubh or skein Dubh but Skiing doo sounds cool.:lol:

wifie
22-Feb-09, 00:48
There is a Skiing Doo in Aviemore!

teenybash
22-Feb-09, 00:51

Jox in frocks...I don't believe it.[disgust]

TBH
22-Feb-09, 00:59
There is a Skiing Doo in Aviemore!Is that a pigeon that Skis?[lol]

Has England got a national dress, morris dancer costumes, shell-suits or something?

wifie
22-Feb-09, 01:01
Bowler Hats and stripey trousers!

The Skiing Doo is a pub I think - I have never frequented it!

Alice in Blunderland
22-Feb-09, 01:16
Jox in frocks...I don't believe it.[disgust]

Yip and with no drawers on..............a sight to behold. :lol: :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
22-Feb-09, 01:19
Oh Lord ............. your SD is a Gaelic word............;)

wifie
22-Feb-09, 01:21
Yip and with no drawers on..............a sight to behold. :lol: :eek:
Alice he said he always follows a good hygeine code - but I still worry about his VPL - he never answered! He is needin some o' them beeg drawers that Trinny and Sooosana bandy about! Hehe!

Alice in Blunderland
22-Feb-09, 01:23
Alice he said he always follows a good hygeine code - but I still worry about his VPL - he never answered! He is needin some o' them beeg drawers that Trinny and Sooosana bandy about! Hehe!

Easy no drawers no VPL ;)

joxville
22-Feb-09, 03:20
Since you all wish to joke on my choice of underwear then I may as well show you what I do actually wear.

http://www.nuwear.com/unico-formula-one-long-boxer/

wifie
22-Feb-09, 03:31
Aye right! [lol]

sandyr
22-Feb-09, 03:45
Oh Ma Goad...he needs 'extra support'. do u 2?

joxville
22-Feb-09, 09:58
Aye right! [lol]

The rare time I dinna joke on here and ye dinna believe me.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Feb-09, 10:30
Since you all wish to joke on my choice of underwear then I may as well show you what I do actually wear.

http://www.nuwear.com/unico-formula-one-long-boxer/ (http://www.nuwear.com/unico-formula-one-long-boxer/)

As in the words of an advert...................

A hubba, hubba, yum, yum...................woowee Jox do you look as good as this in yours ;)

joxville
22-Feb-09, 11:18
As in the words of an advert...................

A hubba, hubba, yum, yum...................woowee Jox do you look as good as this in yours ;)

Normally, modesty would forbid me from confirming whether I do or don't but on this occassion I have to say that I look good in anything. [lol]
I can't provide a photograph unless I wear them Superman style.