PDA

View Full Version : valentines day

ivy
14-Feb-06, 17:27
what is everyone doing tonight your partners treating you to anything romantic??

im cooking my husband a nice meal and relax for the evening..

cuddlepop
14-Feb-06, 18:25
Ivy we're having last nights curry .too tired fighting with the powers that be to be romantic.May just crawl into bed early and see what happens......:Razz

rainbow
14-Feb-06, 19:06
My husband was going to buy steak but the local butchers did not have any!!!! It was too late to cook a chicken so we opted for a Chinese - now thats eaten I can sit and chill out and joy, have no pans to clean!

obiron
14-Feb-06, 19:19
were going to have a nice meal when hubby is done work which isnt till 8pm hungry now thou, still will enjoy it plus a nice bottle o wine is chilling, all we need is peace from the kids.

landmarker
14-Feb-06, 20:24
....we exchanged cards and rank a bottle of wine together (Spanish Tempranillo) We watched 'Monster' a dvd present from my wife - excellent film- as we quaffed the vino. I also had a woolly hat!!

Wife received a boxed set of Rab C Nesbitt - essential bed time viewing for the next three weeksish. Love a laugh before sleep. <no gags - we've dun em all>

Sporran
15-Feb-06, 19:47
I had to work in the evening yesterday, but hubby got home before I left. When I came downstairs after getting dressed for work, he had a lovely bouquet of flowers waiting for me on the coffee table. He'd put them in a beautiful new crystal vase, which was part of my present, and there was a card sitting next to it. Then when I got home from work, he had a glass of my favourite wine waiting for me, and Andrea Bocelli was singing in the background. Hubby had bought me Andrea's new CD 'Amore' as an extra surprise! I gave him a soppy card and silk tie, but I got the better deal, don't you think?

canuck
15-Feb-06, 20:18
Sporran - it sounds wonderful. Enjoy your flowers.

paris
15-Feb-06, 21:12
I didnt even get a card ! SO i ignored him all evening.

canuck
15-Feb-06, 21:39
Paris - not even a card! Put that man on the computer and let me talk to him. I'll give him a few words on this subject.

brandy
15-Feb-06, 23:30
*giggles* got a note in teh p@J sickly sweet .. just look for my name *winks*
a dozen roses AND a card!
too bad i was too sick to enjoy it!
my best valentine gift was hubby took the kids over and let me stay in bed all day!

Sporran
16-Feb-06, 05:20
I didnt even get a card ! SO i ignored him all evening.
He deserves to be in the dog house for that! [mad] I hope he makes it up to you on Mother's Day, paris! Next Valentine's Day, you should buy yourself a card, have a friend sign it "From a secret admirer", and post it to yourself! Better yet, arrange to have some flowers delivered to you "From a secret admirer" as well! Rattle his cage a bit, I say! :evil Besides, by this time next year, the new slim you might well have a few secret admirers! :o)

ivy
16-Feb-06, 09:36
He deserves to be in the dog house for that! [mad] I hope he makes it up to you on Mother's Day, paris! Next Valentine's Day, you should buy yourself a card, have a friend sign it "From a secret admirer", and post it to yourself! Better yet, arrange to have some flowers delivered to you "From a secret admirer" as well! Rattle his cage a bit, I say! :evil Besides, by this time next year, the new slim you might well have a few secret admirers! :o)

but did paris treat her husband??

Sporran
16-Feb-06, 23:17
Sporran - it sounds wonderful. Enjoy your flowers.

I am, thanks, canuck! :grin: I love flowers, and a fair amount of my house decor is testimony to that, when it comes to curtains, upholstery, etc. I'm even quite a flowery person when it comes to my clothes! :lol:

BTW, I read your post on the other Valentine's thread, and I, too, was expecting "Gentlemen in Black Velvet" to be about something romantic, and not moles! :lol: