PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean yours?

Ricco
21-Feb-09, 09:18
No, not a thread on teeth... How do you clean the roof glass of your conservatory? I have been climbing up on the ribs to do this but it gets rather slippery once they get wet and the strain on the thighs is immense. Short of buying a sky hook ;) I am not sure how to do this.

Does anyone have a cost effective solution?

silverfox57
21-Feb-09, 09:40
ricco large pair of steps that reach above rones. oh with on ground,and the cleaning brush with extending arm ,soap and vinegar and warm water ,and then good hose down with garden hose,was sent as a boy to buy sky hook by my tradesman,man laughed in shop.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 10:06
ricco large pair of steps that reach above rones. oh with on ground,and the cleaning brush with extending arm ,soap and vinegar and warm water ,and then good hose down with garden hose,was sent as a boy to buy sky hook by my tradesman,man laughed in shop.

Thanks for this our conservatory roof is filthy and has been annoying me since we moved in. :roll:

The inside of ours is covered in fingerprints from when the builders put it up, any suggestions for this as I know its going to be back breaking this one.:D

silverfox57
21-Feb-09, 10:17
Thanks for this our conservatory roof is filthy and has been annoying me since we moved in. :roll:

The inside of ours is covered in fingerprints from when the builders put it up, any suggestions for this as I know its going to be back breaking this one.:D
yes with rubber gloves and wash with white spirit ,then use old newspaper to clean windows the ink in the paper is very good for cleaning windows,but is hard work,:(

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 10:35
yes with rubber gloves and wash with white spirit ,then use old newspaper to clean windows the ink in the paper is very good for cleaning windows,but is hard work,:(

Erm you fancy coming out for a cup of tea......bring your rubber gloves and newspaper ;) The view of the loch must be superb from half way up our conservatory if you fancy :lol:

What about the Groat ( its the only paper I regularly buy ) the ink comes off it if you touch it might make them worse !!

silverfox57
21-Feb-09, 12:03
Erm you fancy coming out for a cup of tea......bring your rubber gloves and newspaper ;) The view of the loch must be superb from half way up our conservatory if you fancy :lol:

What about the Groat ( its the only paper I regularly buy ) the ink comes off it if you touch it might make them worse !!
sorry alice forget to say to spray with good window cleaner then clean of with groat,this is how professional car cleaners do cars,played at loch most of my childhood;)

Ricco
21-Feb-09, 22:44

Hmmm, nice idea but my OH always steps back to 'inspect' how I am doing! I wouldn't trust her with my life. :lol:

BTW, when I was a kid I got sent for a bubble for a spirit level - bought one too. He didn't know that you can buy them from a good ironmongers.