PDA

View Full Version : Freeview

MsMe
20-Feb-09, 20:45
Can anyone recomend an indoor ariel capable of receiving a freeview signal?

If not does anyone use those digi senders? can you change the channel from another room?

Thanks,
MSME

Moonboots
20-Feb-09, 23:58
You can get indoor aerials which will use a booster to get a good signal for digital.
Just pop into a local TV shop or even argos or tesco...

Chillie
21-Feb-09, 03:49
I bought one of these booster aerials from argos and it did not work, so I found an old indoor one lying in the attic and now have the best picture ever.

H
21-Feb-09, 10:40
Try Colin Chessor - he will make sure that the system fits your requirements and can set it all up for you

Moonboots
21-Feb-09, 11:32
I bought one of these booster aerials from argos and it did not work, so I found an old indoor one lying in the attic and now have the best picture ever.

Some of them do work.. I knew someone who had one and got most of the channels but they opted for the outdoor aerial and i put it in the loft for them. Now they get all channels and the aerial was knackered lol... It still worked fine tho [lol]

molly16
21-Feb-09, 13:17
aerials with boosters are called log periodic .if they are set right they are great .if you install your own use a 48 or 52 element aerial you will get one from argos /homebase etc .the more elements the better chance of getting all channels

minnie
21-Feb-09, 13:37
I got digi senders out of argos and they are great for other rooms where you watch t.v and yes you can change the channels . easy to set up too

Also have out door ariel in loft and gets freeview channels no bother.

MsMe
23-Feb-09, 12:02
Thanks for all the replies.

I have a loft ariel which works fine the reason for asking was for a tv in the spare room (no ariel socket).

The
Looks like digi senders may be the way to go.

Minnie which ones did you get?

Thanks Again,
MsMe

binbob
23-Feb-09, 15:54
i have digi senders,but can not change channels in each room.have to do it with sitting room one..then hop to bedroom?????:roll:

minnie
23-Feb-09, 18:35
Hi msme

the ones i have are on page 408 of the argos book item 1. You can change channels in diff rooms and you can also get extra recievers so you can hav them in a few rooms.:)