PDA

View Full Version : scottish hydro electric.

balto
20-Feb-09, 11:53
Well as some of you know we have just moved house, and in our new house was just the meter where they send you a bill, but i for one like to pay for my electricity as i am going, saves any nasty bills. Anyway the chap came this morning to fit my key meter, now bear in mind we moved in last saturday, he asked me how would i like to pay for the electricity i had used which came to the grand total of £84.00, must say i was kinda shocked, i explained to him that we had just moved in last week. Apparently i was ment to phone them with meter readings when we moved in, but was never told this, just to give them meter readings for the old house, which we did. Anyway he said he would have to phone them and explain what had happened, well he did this and came back and said that they had written it of, because they didnt have the correct meter readings, thought this was very nice of them, what with the credit crunch and the cost of everything rising it really helps, so just wanted to big them up.

cuddlepop
20-Feb-09, 15:17
Well as some of you know we have just moved house, and in our new house was just the meter where they send you a bill, but i for one like to pay for my electricity as i am going, saves any nasty bills. Anyway the chap came this morning to fit my key meter, now bear in mind we moved in last saturday, he asked me how would i like to pay for the electricity i had used which came to the grand total of £84.00, must say i was kinda shocked, i explained to him that we had just moved in last week. Apparently i was ment to phone them with meter readings when we moved in, but was never told this, just to give them meter readings for the old house, which we did. Anyway he said he would have to phone them and explain what had happened, well he did this and came back and said that they had written it of, because they didnt have the correct meter readings, thought this was very nice of them, what with the credit crunch and the cost of everything rising it really helps, so just wanted to big them up.

I'm so happy for you and maybe the Hydro are human after all.
Just hope I get my £20 back when they balance the energy consumption with £ bought.:)
Still appears to be £20 locked in the key.

alanabain
20-Feb-09, 16:33
Im having major problems with my electric at the moment.

Im currently paying £40 a week on electricity with only one room heated!! and i am struggling to pay this. and even then i am still in the emergancy

Takes me ages to prepare to cook the dinner the kitchen is that cold and the bedrooms are walk in freezers.

Phoned the Hydro who says that this is normal! i said to them that i managed to get by on £20 a week with some left over. The only thing they said that they could do is change to a 3monthly bill that gets a discount..... now i did point out to them. if i am struggling to pay £40 a week out my wages on it how am i gonna manage to pay 3 months worth of electric at once.... ragin

Im really hoping my next house will have gas.... at least all the rooms will be heated then

poppett
20-Feb-09, 17:53
The cheapest way to pay for fuel with SHE is by monthly direct debit. That way you keep on top of the bill without having to find a lot of money all at once.

I would not have a key meter as the fuel is overpriced, so the poor are worse off than ever.

Alana have you had the ormlie heatwise team to advise you? They are brilliant and can get a discount on fuel if you are spending more that 10% of your income on fuel.

braalterr903
20-Feb-09, 19:14
I had key meter it was a pain so changed to direct debit and its cheaper.

alanabain
20-Feb-09, 20:26
The cheapest way to pay for fuel with SHE is by monthly direct debit. That way you keep on top of the bill without having to find a lot of money all at once.

I would not have a key meter as the fuel is overpriced, so the poor are worse off than ever.

Alana have you had the ormlie heatwise team to advise you? They are brilliant and can get a discount on fuel if you are spending more that 10% of your income on fuel.

I tried them about a year ago and they couldnt help. But i think i might get in contact with them again.

I think that £40 is a ridiculous amount a week for electricity when only one room is heated. I live in high ormlie with the stupid storage heaters, and that is only on at night when the tariff is cheaper aswell. I put my sons heater on in his bedroom for about an hour at night for bedtime too but even then i believe that is unfair.

Feels like i am never out the shop from buying electric.

And we are very carefull with everything aswell. Switches are turned off and nothing is left on stand by

Is paying by direct debit a fixed payment?

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 20:28
I tried them about a year ago and they couldnt help. But i think i might get in contact with them again.

I think that £40 is a ridiculous amount a week for electricity when only one room is heated. I live in high ormlie with the stupid storage heaters, and that is only on at night when the tariff is cheaper aswell. I put my sons heater on in his bedroom for about an hour at night for bedtime too but even then i believe that is unfair.

Feels like i am never out the shop from buying electric.

And we are very carefull with everything aswell. Switches are turned off and nothing is left on stand by

Is paying by direct debit a fixed payment?

I dont get it! Even with yer poopsy storage heaters that is still mental as i have told u before!

Even i am only £10 per week electric, and my kettle boils for guests more often than urs! ;)[lol]

silverfox57
20-Feb-09, 20:40
just received Scottish hydro electric bill ,as they only sent out every 6 mths now was told i owed them 400 pounds and would in crease my payments bye 60 pounds a mth to 140 pounds .as there estimate for next six mths was based on there reading,as kept all bills did a check, phoned hydro and explained some thing was wrong with there bill.was asked to gave my readings over phone,long pause the was told very sorry about mistake,as am 97 pounds over paid ,but want is wrong is if a elderly person received a wrong bill would they just pay and bill ,and worry why there bills are so high.

alanabain
20-Feb-09, 20:45
I dont get it! Even with yer poopsy storage heaters that is still mental as i have told u before!

Even i am only £10 per week electric, and my kettle boils for guests more often than urs! ;)[lol]

You cheeky moo shelleybain :lol:

I know its mental..

As i have said to you before. I wouldnt mind spending £40 on fuel if it was gas and electric. At least the whole house could be warm,

Even the cat thinks its too cold to stay out of the living room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 20:54
You cheeky moo shelleybain :lol:

I know its mental..

As i have said to you before. I wouldnt mind spending £40 on fuel if it was gas and electric. At least the whole house could be warm,

Even the cat thinks its too cold to stay out of the living room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U know its true! I do recall makin u a fine brew last night! :roll:

But i get what ye mean! We are £36 a month for gas but we are well in credit! Thats just a payment we make each month. Never changes, so in summer we are in credit, we use that in the winter! Its like a circle! :Razz

mrs and mr brown
21-Feb-09, 13:52
hello everyone! well i pay £20 for electric a week and £20 for gas both are key meters, i think that its better i can see what im spending and ive no nasty bills, now i think £40 a week is good considering that my house is very big and its always nice and hot! :D

alanabain
21-Feb-09, 19:22
hello everyone! well i pay £20 for electric a week and £20 for gas both are key meters, i think that its better i can see what im spending and ive no nasty bills, now i think £40 a week is good considering that my house is very big and its always nice and hot! :D

Lucky you.

I see that you live in Spring park. My dad lives there too and his house is always roasting hot.

but then it is compared to ours.

sweetpea
22-Feb-09, 09:21
It's the storage heaters, they guzzle money. The best thing that could happen to the houses in Ormlie is to get new heating. Start a riot with the council lol