teenybash
20-Feb-09, 01:48
This you have to read, I laughed so hard, this had to happen in Ireland, :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7899171.stm?lss

K

Absolutely brilliant......you are right it could only happen in Ireland!![lol]

Geo
20-Feb-09, 10:08
Why could someone providing a false name only happen in Ireland?

flyfifer
20-Feb-09, 10:21
Yes, I'm wondering that myself.....

easterly
20-Feb-09, 10:39
Absolutely brilliant......you are right it could only happen in Ireland!![lol]

It pains me to do this, but this is my very first post on Caithness.Org and it has to be a negative one.

Teenybash, I am absolutely disgusted by your racist attitude. I was born in the community of Roscommon in lovely County Cork, and thoroughly resent this view that all Irish are somehow of a lower intellectual standing than anyone else.

Maybe you should take a close look at some of your own inane postings on this site before rushing to paint others with a stereotype.

davie
20-Feb-09, 11:43
Now, now Easterly - dont boil your water !. As we all know our Caithness polis are all multilingual and highly intelligent so they could spot a Polish Driving Licence a mile away. Likewise a lot of Caithness.orgers - certainly English is a second language to some of them.
I doubt if the original poster had any evil intent - probably putting her typing finger into gear before engaging her brain. She will likely be along in a minute to apologise for this unwarranted slur.

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:03
oh that is good, but it goes to show how easy it can be done.

ranny_20
20-Feb-09, 12:21
what is wrong with ireland, it could happen anywhere eh ?

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:23
what is wrong with ireland, it could happen anywhere eh ?
think its ignorant stereo typing to be honest.

dellwak
20-Feb-09, 12:41
The driver probably didn't give a false name.
It is more likely that the police officers copied the name directly from the driving licence rather than asking the polish driver to spell a difficult to pronounce name. Then he asked the driver where he lived. Before you know it you have got 50 Mr Prawo Jazdy's all with a different address.

This reminds me of an English fella that was working over here in Germany a few years ago.
He pointed to a lorry and said "Cor! this company Spedition must be enormous. I see their lorries everywhere. How come i've never heard of them before?"
Spedition is german for haulage.

Kodiak
20-Feb-09, 12:44
This has nothing to with Race, it has do with the fact that no one thought to try and find out who or what Prawo Jazdy was.

As it turned out it was not a person as they ALL thought but it Meant Driving Licence.

That was the funny that so many people thougt it was a person with lots of different addresses.

Since this is going to explde into a silly war of Race I am closing this thread.