PDA

View Full Version : Kitten season?

Vistravi
19-Feb-09, 17:31
Anyone know when kitten season is?

Me and my partner are looking for a kitten, as i would like one and my partner has a 1 year nd 7 months old cat who will miss the feline company of her sisters cat when we move house soon.

My partner doesn't think it'll cause her cat any harm to go feline friendless for a month or two. But i would like my own cat anyhow and my partner's cat is still so young that she would play with a kitten or young cat and a i think a kitten would benefit from my partners calming and laid back influence.

Sarah
19-Feb-09, 17:47
There's no such thing as kitten season, at least, I've never heard that term before. Kittens are available all throughout the year from breedings. Are you looking for a kitten or adult? Any certain breed, or just a moggy? You could try looking at your nearest rescue centre, lots of kittens usually end up in centres when they are abandonned.

Vistravi
19-Feb-09, 17:55
There's no such thing as kitten season, at least, I've never heard that term before. Kittens are available all throughout the year from breedings. Are you looking for a kitten or adult? Any certain breed, or just a moggy? You could try looking at your nearest rescue centre, lots of kittens usually end up in centres when they are abandonned.

Was out at balmore a week or so ago and they said that kittens usually wouldn't be availble til april. The woman who told me called it kitten season so maybe balmore are used to only having kittens in around a certain time of year. My partner has jus told me that she got her cat as a 15 week kitten from balmore in late autumn.

I'm after a kitten or a young cat about my partners cat's age. Her cat Caramel loves being around other cats so we'd have to have a cat that was the same way with other cats. A kitten I was told would be better for our situation with Caramel. I'm not too fussed bout breed or moggy. I'm after a cat or kitten with a friendly and affectionate persoanilty as i wuld love to have a cat that curled up on the sofa with me or sat in my lap. My partners cat only shows her affection to my partner never to me.:(

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-09, 19:39
Im still looking for a kitten too...as u fine well know Vistravi! ;) We can look together.

Difference is...im looking for a kitten at about 8-9 weeks old! :confused

Liz
19-Feb-09, 19:54
There is actually a 'kitten season' which is from about April to October I think but with the seasons changing so much ie mild in Winter etc they can now be born at any time of the year although more will be born during the 'season'.

Unless of course you go for a pedigree.

Good luck with your search for a kitten.:D

Sarah
20-Feb-09, 18:07
I'm sure there must be some kittens somwhere looking for a home! It's frustrating when a cat only goes to one person, I know the feeling! I have 2, one is like my best friend, a second shadow :) the other just can't be bothered with me! I'm only living here to feed her apparently!

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 18:09
I'm sure there must be some kittens somwhere looking for a home! It's frustrating when a cat only goes to one person, I know the feeling! I have 2, one is like my best friend, a second shadow :) the other just can't be bothered with me! I'm only living here to feed her apparently!

Im still searching for a wee kitten myself. No luck so far! :~(

_Ju_
20-Feb-09, 18:18
Cats go into season begining of January, pregnancy around 2 months, plus 8 weeks with mum. Around the begining of April there will be new kittens. Make sure to neuter (when older) especially if a female.

kitty
20-Feb-09, 20:06
My cats have always had their kittens in april and august. Both cats i've let have litters have been the same.

Does it have to be a kitten, my stepdaughter has 2 cats she's trying to rehome one is around 3 and the other is about 1 1/2 i think. If your interested give me a pm. :D

AfternoonDelight
20-Feb-09, 22:28
The kitten that I had at home and is now with the Cats Protection is available for rehoming. She's about 12-15 weeks and has a lovely nature. You'll find her in the lost and found section of their website (tortoiseshell).

Vistravi
20-Feb-09, 23:07
The kitten that I had at home and is now with the Cats Protection is available for rehoming. She's about 12-15 weeks and has a lovely nature. You'll find her in the lost and found section of their website (tortoiseshell).

Cheers for the info;)

Vistravi
21-Feb-09, 16:49
Our search for a feline friend is over, we've found the one we've been looking for or should i say he found us.;)

astrocrap
21-Feb-09, 17:13
whoops ! posted in wrong section