PDA

View Full Version : Pen & Paper Roleplaying

BMcGillivray
19-Feb-09, 16:51
Hi all,

Myself and a few friends have been running Pen & Paper Roleplaying Games for a while now, running a variety of game systems, such as Dungeons and Dragons (probably the most widely known) and Star Wars, but also far more obscure ones such as Battletech, 7th Sea and World of Darkness.

Does anyone else in the local area roleplay? Ive not met many people that do, but there isn't really anywhere locally that deals with RPG books etc, so theres a lack of places where like-minded people would naturally congregate. So i thought id try on here.

The group im with has been gradually losing people, for various reasons, so we're now down to just the 3 of us, and we'd really like to increase our numbers, if anyone was interested.

Even if you're not interested in joining our group, id love to hear from any other groups in the area, or even from ex-roleplayers with no intention of returning.

If you've never tried roleplaying games, but are curious, heres a Wikipedia article giving a rough explanation of what its about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

If you have any questions/opinions about roleplaying, please post, ill do my best to respond.

shyguy
19-Feb-09, 20:30
Hi,
many moons ago I used to participate (play sound soooo childlike!) in D&D,

started off on Basic D&D, moved to AD&D and had lots of fun doing that for several years. Uni and work got in the way with members of the group drifting away and new members joining. But we ended up with a very megalomaniac Dungeon Master who took all the fun out of it:(

What the average age of you're group? I must admit I think I would feel somewhat old for that sort of things these days, but you never know - :lol:

I do still have some bits and pieces lying around, but they might be regarded as 'Classic' stuff these days :roll:

Hope you have some success on your recruitment drive.

Cheers,
(ex 16th level Cleric)

BMcGillivray
19-Feb-09, 20:46
What the average age of you're group? I must admit I think I would feel somewhat old for that sort of things these days, but you never know - :lol:

Didn't expect a reply so quickly!

The youngest in the group is 24, the oldest is just over 30 I think.

We've been toying with the idea of an AD&D campaign at some point, just depends if one of us gets round to writing something up for it.

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 21:15
Many moons ago i dabbled with AD&D, not sure i could remember it all now! i'd feel like a granny given the ages you've quoted in your group lol
i do remember designing a few dungeons, but i'm not even sure if i still have the books! unfortunately i dont think so :(
there was only about 5 in the group i played in but we had many a happy evening :)

Yoda the flump
21-Mar-09, 19:25
Takes me back 20 years - AD&D, Call of Cthulu, the joy that was Paranoia and of course WFRP!
Still have the books in the loft incase the children want them.

Now, well I suppose the closest I get is on the PC......Power to the Forsaken!!

youoldduffer
24-Mar-09, 18:32
Yup takes me back many many years too, I started on D&D then AD&D. There used to be about 6-7 of us playing various other RPG's like
Traveller, Middle earth,War hammerand a superhero one I cant remember the name of,
But mostly AD&D still got some of the GW figures we used to paint in the loft.

Serenity
28-Mar-09, 12:29
Currently playing 4th edition dnd but it is down to a core of about 4 of us now and is getting increasingly hard to schedule with peoples work and courses etc. We did just get the players handbook 2 for 4th edition so starting on that now hopefully put some life back into it.

Kodiak
31-Mar-09, 00:43
Hi all,

Myself and a few friends have been running Pen & Paper Roleplaying Games for a while now, running a variety of game systems, such as Dungeons and Dragons (probably the most widely known) and Star Wars, but also far more obscure ones such as Battletech, 7th Sea and World of Darkness.

Does anyone else in the local area roleplay? Ive not met many people that do, but there isn't really anywhere locally that deals with RPG books etc, so theres a lack of places where like-minded people would naturally congregate. So i thought id try on here.

The group im with has been gradually losing people, for various reasons, so we're now down to just the 3 of us, and we'd really like to increase our numbers, if anyone was interested.

Even if you're not interested in joining our group, id love to hear from any other groups in the area, or even from ex-roleplayers with no intention of returning.

If you've never tried roleplaying games, but are curious, heres a Wikipedia article giving a rough explanation of what its about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

If you have any questions/opinions about roleplaying, please post, ill do my best to respond.

Sent you a PM with some Info :D