PDA

View Full Version : Cat eating Grass ?

Iffy
19-Feb-09, 15:54
Our cat, and the neighbouring cats, eat grass !! Specially our ornamental grasses !! Can anyone tell me why they do this ? :confused

S&LHEN
19-Feb-09, 16:33
You have got to watch because in some animals its a sign of them having worms or them being in but for other animals it helps their digestive system.
Some flowers in the grass can be poisonous too animals to ive heard of people putting orange peel round plants etc to keep cats away it might be worth a shot??:)

dx100uk
19-Feb-09, 16:36
quite normal cats like certain types you can even buy it
have a look on the net its very good for them

dx

Iffy
19-Feb-09, 17:33
Thank you both for replies, will maybe try the orange peel !

Liz
19-Feb-09, 19:56
Some cats just like the taste of grass and it does help with furballs and digestion.
They will often eat it if they have a tummy upset.

Some grasses can cause problems if they are too 'sharp'.

I have to say I tried putting orange peel around a house plant to stop a kitten going to the toilet in it and it pooped on top of the orange peel!:lol:

Iffy
19-Feb-09, 22:04
Thanks Liz,

I remember my Mum telling me that cats eat grass if they are feeling a bit sick... hope it's just something simple like that ?

Boss
19-Feb-09, 23:14
Our cat, and the neighbouring cats, eat grass !! Specially our ornamental grasses !! Can anyone tell me why they do this ? :confused

Your cat is looking for deficiency in their diet.
The definciency being found in natural produce as opposed to what cat lovers feed their cats, which is tinned or dried products specifically produced for cats, with cats in mind, but contain nothing specifically your cat may be looking for, the cat concerned knows best.