PDA

View Full Version : Bargain of the week

poppett
19-Feb-09, 00:28
What has been your "best buy" whilst shopping this week?

Mine was 500g Lurpak spreadable at £1.85 in Co-op in Thurso.

.................................................. .......................................

On the other hand Lidl is advertising two packets of (assorted variety) cooked ham for £4 instead of £2.45 each, however at the checkout unless the packs selected are an identical variety the discount does not come off. Manageress would not back down on this, so beware.

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-09, 00:33
What has been your "best buy" whilst shopping this week?

Mine was 500g Lurpak spreadable at £1.85 in Co-op in Thurso.

.................................................. .......................................

On the other hand Lidl is advertising two packets of (assorted variety) cooked ham for £4 instead of £2.45 each, however at the checkout unless the packs selected are an identical variety the discount does not come off. Manageress would not back down on this, so beware.

You are awfully proud of yer bargains aind u!

I am proud of my bargain this week a large jar of Douwe Egberts £3.99 :Razz

changilass
19-Feb-09, 00:43
The other night I got a joint of pork for 38p, tastiest joint we have ever eaten and the dowg enjoyed the leftovers.

Dadie
19-Feb-09, 21:58
My new steam cleaner from lidls!
It was full price but worth it as it hasnt stopped since I got it!
It has even removed grime and dirt from areas I never knew were dirty:lol:
You know the seals on the windows.... plus it frys spiders stone dead!

dragonfly
19-Feb-09, 22:25
tescos online shopping - main meal (large lasagne), side dish (potato croquettes) & dessert (Bramley apple crumble) all for £5 instead of over £8

joxville
19-Feb-09, 22:40
I got a tart for £3.50

changilass
19-Feb-09, 22:41
Aye but you don't say if it was a bargain or a waste of money Jox

joxville
19-Feb-09, 22:43
It was a bargain...I'm a cheapskate so haggled. (ask wifie)

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-09, 22:45
It was a bargain...I'm a cheapskate so haggled. (ask wifie)

Trust u!:roll: :lol:

wifie
19-Feb-09, 22:47
Hahahahaha! Still waitin for my scone . . . . . :(

sweetpea
19-Feb-09, 23:23
The only bargain I can think o is that I got 3 dinners cooked for me in the last week:eek: didn't cost me a penny:Razz

balto
20-Feb-09, 00:02
goi myself a new computer desk, courtsy of my mum and dad, does that count since no money exchanged hands.

Angel
20-Feb-09, 00:27
Purely by accident I found 200mm x 3 pack rolls of insulation from B&Q for £3.00... that's £1 a roll... after checking it wasn't a mistake I got what I could... by the time I got to the checkout it was all gone...

Angel...

Dazarch
20-Feb-09, 19:31
Mine was a set of babyliss hair straightners ticket said £57.74 but on sale at £29.99, scanned through till at full price told assistant that they should be £29.99......thing was the label should have been removed when offer had finished. Got them at £29.99..bargin

minnie
20-Feb-09, 19:49
My bargain was a pair of trousers for £4 they should have been £20.:D

Angela
20-Feb-09, 19:53
A George Foreman Grill and Melt half price (£24.95) from Amazon.

I had £30 in vouchers sitting on my Amazon account, so even with a pack of grill sponges (£2.92) it cost me nothing at all -in fact I ended up £2.13 in credit. :D :D

Kodiak
20-Feb-09, 20:41
My Bargain of the week was a 1GB USB 2.0 Flash / Drive for only £1.99 including all Postage and Packing.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=105226

scorrie
20-Feb-09, 23:19
I was speaking to a woman recently, who had just had breast implants done on a "Buy one, get one free offer"

Some nosey wifie overheard our conversation and asked if the offer was still on. I gave my pal a wink and interjected with:- "No, that offer is over but starting April 1st they are doing a "Buy two, get third one free" promotion. The wifie departed with a puzzled look on her face!

mums angels
20-Feb-09, 23:28
Nappies are on a deal in tesco , can't actually mind the price but it was a big box at a reasonable price

and got more nappies at beginning of the week in co-op two big packs for £13.50 so have now stocked up between the two stores for the next few months.

Got myself a new iron from argos reduced from 48,99 to 24.99 , lights up and everything .. shame it doesn't make the ironing more exciting :lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 23:30
Nappies are on a deal in tesco , can't actually mind the price but it was a big box at a reasonable price

and got more nappies at beginning of the week in co-op two big packs for £13.50 so have now stocked up between the two stores for the next few months.

Got myself a new iron from argos reduced from 48,99 to 24.99 , lights up and everything .. shame it doesn't make the ironing more exciting :lol:

I stocked up on nappies too! I got 132 Pampers size 3's for £13.50 from tesco. I always buy them in bulk the amount my wee dude goes thru! :roll: He is a poopin machine!

But i never seem to get any real bargains! :~(

mums angels
20-Feb-09, 23:47
I stocked up on nappies too! I got 132 Pampers size 3's for £13.50 from tesco. I always buy them in bulk the amount my wee dude goes thru! :roll: He is a poopin machine!

But i never seem to get any real bargains! :~(

Any pennies saved i feel is a bargain and when things i USE are on by one get one frees etc i tend to stock up .
Thankfully my little one doesn't go through many nappies , 3 a day on average. she only does the bad once every two days :lol:

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:24
Any pennies saved i feel is a bargain and when things i USE are on by one get one frees etc i tend to stock up .
Thankfully my little one doesn't go through many nappies , 3 a day on average. she only does the bad one every two days :lol:

Ahh lucky! My son is going through about 6-7 nappies a day! He does the bad twice a day.

Just realised another bargain i got actually.....dum dum dum dum...40p pizza! :Razz

teenybash
21-Feb-09, 00:29
Best bargain for me this week was two XL waterproof dog bed covers. Both cost me less than £20....from ebay;)

mums angels
21-Feb-09, 21:34
ahh never thought of ebay

i got a beautiful party dress for my little girl made by Emmas Garden for £3.20 and p&p £1.50 .. delighted with it

also recently got a brand new replacement britax renissance car seat cover for my old tatty car seat.saved me a fortune as i never had to buy a new one so spent £30 instead of £130 and it looks brand new :D