PDA

View Full Version : tesco car park

JammyDodger69
18-Feb-09, 21:38
wondering if anyone can help us.....

my partner went into tesco nearer to 1600 and only went in for 5mins. then the car was parked up at the harbour so we could go to the beach with the kids.

sometime inbetween the time of 1600 and 1640 somebody hit the corner of our bumper on the passenger side of our car ( wether it was in tesco or the harbour,we dont know).
there is now a deep scratch in our bumper which we cannot afford to fix.

i'm very dissapointed that in the small town we live in that this person decided to ignore the fact that they hit our car.
if it was us who had hit someone elses car we would wait to tell the person,apologise and offer to pay,or leave our telephone number, apologise and offer to pay.

if anybody seen this happen or if you are the person who did it, we'd be very grateful if you could contact us, either through the message board or on 01641 521 405, or 07736843656, or 07895216574.

our car is the only black primera gt in thurso. registration plate W633 CBW. so there would be no mistake in which car that was hit.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-09, 22:12
I do hope that the person owns up to this but I wont be holding my breath for you. :(

Hopefully someone will have seen it happen.

The same thing happened to us one night we were in K2 having a meal. Our car was parked outside on the street and someone hit it. We were lucky someone we know was passing and told us when they saw us at work.

I never bothered going to speak to her but I know she did it and one day ................. what goes around may come around. :)

Oh,our car is a gold BMW and if she happens to be reading this.............. I know you did it and the dent is still there if you want to offer to fix it. ;)

Goldie
18-Feb-09, 22:49
Hi there sorry to hear this has happened. It may be worth asking if the area you were parked if it is covered by either Tesco's CCTV or the towns CCTV. You may have it caught on camera.

Just as a note - we were sat in our car parked outside our friend's house in Thurso when a van rushed past at such a speed and so close that the driver ripped off our wing mirror. We were parked in a designated parking space and tight to the kerb. Despite the fact that the noise was so so loud, and could have been heard by the driver, my husband tooted and flashed the lights to get the attention of the driver. The driver slowed down then sped off again. - We took the number down and reported it to the police. They informed us that the driver had 24 hrs to report the accident, which is law - even if there are no injuries - if damage is caused and no insurance details are exchanged. The driver did not go in to the police station. However - a week later the police went to his house (local person), at first said he was not in the area then due to witness statements decided to admit it. He ended up with an insurance claim, our damage was in excess of £500, and now has to face charges for not stopping and exchanging details at the scene of an accident plus other driving offences.

He would have been better to stop out of losses to himself even if he didn't have the common decency to do so.

I hope the person responsible comes forward. Good Luck.

majic
19-Feb-09, 08:56
someone hit my car a few years ago in the now tesco in thurso ( it was safeway then ) they must have known as they dented it and knocked the light out we had a silver 4x4 you couldnt miss it it had a 16 ft trailer on it there car must of been marked to

Geo
19-Feb-09, 10:51
It's horrible when someone does that. A family member got a new car a couple of years ago. The first month they had it they were in Inverness and left it in the multistorey carpark. When they returned someone had reversed into the front wing and drove off. Not a nice feeling.