PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Forecast

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 18:30
Friday evening,
wind from the west, around 20mph, temps pleasant at about 9 or 10c, drizzly rain and muck around.
saturday, (til tea time)
cooling off as the day goes on starting around 9 or 10c and dropping slowly all day to about 3c by tea time (6pm ish), possiblity of yukky mucky drizzle but also a wee bit of sun, wind increasing slightly to gusting around 35mph again from the west.
saturday night
wind swinging round to come from the northwest, about same strength, temps staying about 3c.
sunday day (til about tea time)
temps picking up a degree or two through the day, maybe reaching about 6c or so, winds again maybe gusting as much as 40mph from the northwest again a high cloud day so combination of light yuk and sun.
sunday night
any muck clearing away during the night just leaving high cloud for first thing monday morning, temps dropping only a degree or two during the night and wind staying the same.

nothing drastic this weekend, i know it could all change but i think that's going to pretty much be it. just not a great weekend for a picnic lol

Mr P Cannop
18-Feb-09, 18:43
where do you get these charts from ??

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 18:47
From Here (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=gfsh500;sess=) Paul

Wellies
18-Feb-09, 18:53
Love the language used just wish they would be the same as you on the TV lol

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 19:36
drizzly rain and muck around.

yukky mucky drizzle

combination of light yuk and sun.

any muck clearing

Love the language used just wish they would be the same as you on the TV lol

You mean like them words! They are ace! Couldn't ask for better words! [lol]

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 19:38
From Here (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=gfsh500;sess=) Paul

Since i asked you for them charts i am still figuring them out! [lol]

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 01:04
Since i asked you for them charts i am still figuring them out! [lol]

lol shelley, just take it one step at a time, the first one i learnt was the 'lines' for the wind :)

wifie
19-Feb-09, 01:07
lol shelley, just take it one step at a time, the first one i learnt was the 'lines' for the wind :)

Who gave you lines for havin wind? Bit harsh methinks! [lol]

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 01:12
Who gave you lines for havin wind? Bit harsh methinks! [lol]

did i really have to read that with a mouthful?! you nearly made my coffee come out my nose!:lol:

JAWS
19-Feb-09, 01:24
All I can say about the charts is that they are very pretty and colourful. I'm glad they make sense to you Tuggs. ;)

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-09, 01:26

The closer together the more windy it will be...the further apart the calmer. is that right?

Tugmistress
19-Feb-09, 07:46
The closer together the more windy it will be...the further apart the calmer. is that right?
yup that's right - and as you're looking at the one that the link opens to in the row of boxes of different charts click on the UKMO Fax box and it will give you the met office charts and there is a scale on there so see if you can work out a rough wind speed for what you are looking at :)