PDA

View Full Version : Kids!

ROSETIPS
18-Feb-09, 11:02
Kids really need somewhere to go, I have come home the last 3 days to find my windows have been put in. Now i dont have a grudge with anyone nor anyone with me so i thought What have I done wrong?
Today being my day off i was sat on the couch watching tele at quarter to nine this morning , had just sent my kids off to school when all of a sudden bang bang bang, to my surprise was 2 x 10 - 11 yr old boys taking pot shots at my window and threw it went again. Luckily I knew who they were and called the police but really what could will it do? The mothers aint interested and because my house is bought i now need to claim on insurance again.
Surely something needs to be done about these things happening as I am sure i aint the only one it happens to, i mean why my house? is it because it is an end house with a big wall round the side so they can hide, does that give them the right though?
Does anyone else experience problems like this? What can i do?
I know if it were my kids doing it they would be punished?

grumpy1
18-Feb-09, 11:12
Thats awful... my sister just had a similiar experience with local kids round her way...i think it is so sad that they feel they have to get their kicks this way....kids in this day an age dont know how to entertain themselves which again is so sad....
i'd be interested in knowing how the parents of kids like that react to news that their child is being a delinquant.... moral values thats whats missing an if they cant get that at home well again its very very sad...

binbob
18-Feb-09, 11:13
THAT IS TERRIBLE..I REALLY CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVE TO DO THIS.

i broke a window when i was 7/8,playing football.i had to use my meagre pocket money to pay for it and apologise to the lady.it cost 7 shillings and sixpence...and took quite a few weeks to pay for it.
it was simply an accident,but still taught me lesson to play elsewhere.

i hope u get it sorted...the police HAVE to do something.the kids should be cautioned in front of their parents.what a state this world is in....

Penelope Pitstop
18-Feb-09, 11:18
Kids really need somewhere to go, I have come home the last 3 days to find my windows have been put in. ?

The only place kids should be going today is school.... But maybe you don't live here and kids are on half term??

No respect....that is the main problem with kids these days (some grown ups too). The parents don't teach them it...IMO it's the cause of alot of delinquent behaviour.

*Martin*
18-Feb-09, 11:21
The problem with most kids (not all) is they know your not allowed to give them a hammering!

bish667
18-Feb-09, 12:29
The problem with most kids (not all) is they know your not allowed to give them a hammering!

Thats exactly my thoughts too.

ROSETIPS
18-Feb-09, 12:31
The thing is this was done on the way to school, yup imagine that " oh come on lets go break some windows on our way to school ". The thing is some parents just dont care what there kids get up to, they would rather they be out come wind, rain, snow than sitting under their feet. I know with my kids, i want to know where they are at all times and what they are up to, and believe me they have been brought up better than to come home and say they were out breaking windows, but i suppose some parents have different parenting skills.

squidge
18-Feb-09, 12:35
You have said a couple of times that their parents arent interested and dont care what these kids get up to. Have you spoken to the parents today? if so what response did you get, if not why not?

router
18-Feb-09, 12:53
you say you have kids, do you know where they are and what they are doing when they are out Not all parents condone this type of behaviour.maybe your kids have wound up someones elses and thats payback. You say you phoned the police but what can they do. charge them if they have damaged the windows,or go see the parents as you say you know the kids. all children in scotland are repsonsible for their actions over the age of 8.

we have a neighbour who has a real problem with our kids, through no fault of the own and they cant move for him phoning the cops. and believe me our kids are respectful of people. but this guy is just a prat.[lol]

Oh and you say that you have returned 3 times this week to find your windows in, well thats more than just a kids game dont you think.

ROSETIPS
18-Feb-09, 13:18
I have been to the parents several times to be met with the response i will speak to them. The kids are bored there is no doubt about that, as for payback to my kids.......maybe/maybe not. I mean it just me around here that it happens too there are many other people, I have spoken to a few who live nearby and they have the same problem, ( last week was no exception with the snow balls ). I aint a picky neighbour like u may have, i keep myself to myself, its just it aint very pleasant to come home after a hard days work and realise what is happening when u r away, or to be sitting watching the tele and to have them start.

router
18-Feb-09, 13:24
well then its down to you and your neighbours to do what you can to stop this.You will eventually end up with this happeneing all the time as they are getting away with it.

Our neighbouyr aint miserable just plain nasty and grumpy.The whole family seem to have a problem with kids of any age, and they even go to the point of taking pics of kids that are playing and then phone the cops saying this that and the other. all unfounded. It works both ways, those that terrorize and those that are terrorized. i would go asee the council, maybe go for an asbo if its that bad, but complaining on here just for the sake and doing nothin about it directly, is like sitting at home watching them do it and doing nothin.

ROSETIPS
18-Feb-09, 13:32
I agree completely, it is just a case of i did not know what to do, i have seen the parents, spoken to the police, dont know if the council can help as it is a bought house, so really needed the advice.
As for your neighbours, i would hate to have that, i mean it really is uncalled for what they are doing to the kids in your area. Is it a case of they dont like kids? or do they just have nothing better to do.
Anyway thanks for the advice.

Ricco
18-Feb-09, 15:24
If the police are being very non-cooperative then write a letter to the local paper explaining the situation and the lack of police response - that always gets a reaction.

If a number of neighbours are having trouble and it is just one or two families causing the trouble, and they are council housed, then get a petition together to have them removed. I have used both actions successfuly in the past.

Also, you might try to get someone from the council round to a meeting in your house of those affected.

mccaugm
18-Feb-09, 15:36
You have said a couple of times that their parents arent interested and dont care what these kids get up to. Have you spoken to the parents today? if so what response did you get, if not why not?

Actually don't think this is a wise course of action (through experience), I confronted a parent about their "little angel" and was harassed for months after that.

I called the police about kids making a nuisance of themselves recently(long story). So far, and its been about a week now, the problem has not reoccured.

squidge
18-Feb-09, 17:07
See my experience is completely different - I had an unpleasant incident and was told who had done it and warned that their parents "didnt care" and "wouldnt do anything" so there was "no point" in approaching them. I took no notice of this and went along to speak to the parents. They took what i had to say seriously and listened and said they would speak to their children. I assume they did this as a couple of days later I had two little boys at my door apologising for their mistakes. I would ALWAYS try to speak to the parents first. If rosetips has done so and been abused for it then i can understand that they are reticent to do it again but they didnt say that so its might have been worth a try again

parkie
18-Feb-09, 19:10
your neighbour is NOT ALLOWED to take photo,s,report him if he take,s any more

cazmanian_minx
19-Feb-09, 08:40
your neighbour is NOT ALLOWED to take photo,s,report him if he take,s any more

It depends where the kids are. If they're in a public area he can take all the photos he likes. If they're inside the boundaries of their property (i.e. garden area) then he can't.