PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Prices

jimag
13-Feb-06, 15:30
Just had an email from PetrolPrices.com Diesel at Richard's in Thurso is 94.9p/l compared with 98.9p/l at Bridgend and 93.9p/l at Tesco Inverness. But it is 90.9p/l in Aberdeen. Is this a sign of a local trader taking on the oposition or is the pending threat of the mighty Tesco and Asda a reality ?

angela5
13-Feb-06, 15:32
The threat maybe getting to them:Razz

ice box
13-Feb-06, 15:35
we can only hope it is gersa .

kas
13-Feb-06, 15:40
Just had an email from PetrolPrices.com Diesel at Richard's in Thurso is 94.9p/l compared with 98.9p/l at Bridgend and 93.9p/l at Tesco Inverness. But it is 90.9p/l in Aberdeen. Is this a sign of a local trader taking on the oposition or is the pending threat of the mighty Tesco and Asda a reality ?

Richards sign said 97.9p when we passed it late last night.

grantyg
13-Feb-06, 17:18
or 89.9p at asda cumbernauld last week

landmarker
13-Feb-06, 18:25
Whe I was up in Wick last October I paid £1.03 a litre for unleaded petrol. The same product at the Forth Bridge was 97p. and about 93pence down here.
Prices have calmed down a bit to about 90pence per litre here for petrol but still diesel is a little pricier. I understand it's refining capacity that keeps the cost of diesel higher. Not fair really that those on the very periphery of the EU probably pay the highest fuel taxes and charges.

Ive started 'Shelling' out (pun intended)a few pence per litre more for Optimax after the auld Audi started running rough on Morrison's unleaded. Stuff there five pound grocery vouchere every time you spend about five hundred quid!!

All of which has nowt to do wi'derv prices but hope no-one minds me sounding off.

Saveman
13-Feb-06, 19:50
Sound off all you like Landmarker. A few peeps in Caithness were seriously considering the horse and cart option as the petrol went over the dreaded 99.9p, thankfully it didn't last too long........but it'll soon be an issue again no doubt...