PDA

View Full Version : bunny love

sids
17-Feb-09, 22:58
I've got 2 little sisters (same dad, 2mothers) they're ages are 7 and 8 weeks respectively.

I'm after an adult buck, 6 months or over to create bunny love. PM me.

router
18-Feb-09, 13:07
we have a buck that you could take alook at. Depending on what you are looking for pm me and will let you have more details.

unicorn
18-Feb-09, 14:37
your does won't be ready to be mums until at least 6 months of age. What size or breed are they? Please take this into account when getting a buck. If you want to breed rabbits please make sure you know a bit about breed history and ailments affecting breeds such as malloclusion.
I also think they are a bit young to be off mum at that age. I have babies that age that I have had to hand rear who are still getting milk from me.

S&LHEN
18-Feb-09, 20:24
Mmmm I would say definatly too young to breed off but on the other point depending on the size etc I think their fine being off there mother as long as they can eat and drink from the water bottle you have no problems.I take mine off the mother as early as possable more for the mother if its a big litter shes had.
And before you start breeding if this is your first time read in to it as theres quite a few complications at times.
Apart from that good luck.

your does won't be ready to be mums until at l
least 6 months of age. What size or breed are they? Please take this into account when getting a buck. If you want to breed rabbits please make sure you know a bit about breed history and ailments affecting breeds such as malloclusion.
I also think they are a bit young to be off mum at that age. I have babies that age that I have had to hand rear who are still getting milk from me.

unicorn
18-Feb-09, 20:48
As a British Rabbit Council member and breeder we work by a code of conduct layed down to us by the BRC which says babies should not be moved on until minimum 8 weeks old. I personally keep mine until 12 weeks.
That rule is put to us for the babies benefit to give them the best start in life. Ideally mums should be removed from the litter, then roughly 1-2 weeks later the babies are split this minimises stress to the youngsters. The danger period for baby rabbits is 8-12 weeks that is when if problems are there they will arise so if they have already been moved on by then it is the poor buyer who has had to deal with an upset child or be upset themselves as they have lost their pet and have no idea why.

S&LHEN
18-Feb-09, 21:42
Yes that all very well going by guide lines but you have got to take them off the mother when there is to many of them for her to cope with. I took my babies off their mum at 7 weeks and had the litter together barr 2 till they were 10 weeks old. My babies were eating alone by 4 weeks so I dont understand why your still feeding yours?
Anyway on a lighter note your guinea pigs are totally gorgeous not seen any as nice in ages.

unicorn
18-Feb-09, 21:46
I am still feeding mine as it is the best start to give them. I breed to show my rabbits and babies that get the best start thrive as adults.
Thank you for the compliment on my daughters piggies. These are also for showing but she only started in them last year.