PDA

View Full Version : Council Workers

Mazda
17-Feb-09, 22:17
With our Council tax so high.it is about time the council got there house in order.
I have been informed that the Workers on the recycling lorry are sometimes away home after Three Hours work and they are Getting Paid for Eight hours per day
It is us the Tax payer that are paying there wages,little wonder the Recycling lorry drives around at high speed so they can get away home.
it is about time this Job and Knock was scraped and the refuse service in caithness taken into line with the rest of Highland Region doing there eight Hours.

brokencross
17-Feb-09, 22:44
Job and knock rarely works. The job may get "done" but poorly.
If it is true they can do 8 hours work in 3 hours, whoever is in charge needs to sort it out. Be careful though if you make too many waves and expect some folks to actually do a days work to earn a crust, they will go out on strike.

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 22:48
Sorry after reading your other threads along with this one it just looks like you are trying to get a rise out of the .org community.

So unless you can come up with some concrete evidence, other than I have been informed, I do not think many members will pay any attention to this silly post.

abc123
17-Feb-09, 22:49
The Council would be better spending the money in the Education Department - and teaching people to correctly spell.

Mazda
17-Feb-09, 22:51
Being told by one of the Refuse staff who works a whole day is good enough for me.
I also saw the recycle lorry today drop one of the crew home at 10.15 and the driver was at Albert Street depot at 11.00.
I should know i was there

abc123
17-Feb-09, 22:57
I also saw the recycle lorry today drop one of the crew home at 10.15 and the driver was at Albert Street depot at 11.00.
I should know i was there

My, you've made good use of your 8 hours of employment today then.

Mazda
17-Feb-09, 23:00
My, you've made good use of your 8 hours of employment today then.

My work took me into Albert street Depot as it does most days and to be correct i worked 10.25hrs today!

sweetpea
17-Feb-09, 23:07
The Council would be better spending the money in the Education Department - and teaching people to correctly spell.
Teach them life skills with the money;)

abc123
17-Feb-09, 23:07
and to be correct i worked 10.25hrs today!

Well you should be more efficient and get the job done in 3 hours like the binmen.

5050sarah
17-Feb-09, 23:11
MAZDA i would just like to point out how petty and jealous you sound!! my father drives the refuse lorry in thurso and does his job very well as he has done for the past 30 odd years! dont you forget that those men that pick your rubbish up are tax payers to!!

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 23:11
Well you should be more efficient and get the job done in 3 hours like the binmen.

why oh why.....:roll:

Mazda
17-Feb-09, 23:15
MAZDA i would just like to point out how petty and jealous you sound!! my father drives the refuse lorry in thurso and does his job very well as he has done for the past 30 odd years! dont you forget that those men that pick your rubbish up are tax payers to!!

It not the men that empty the bins with Household waste that goes to Seater i am on about But the Men on the Recycling Lorry in Wick.
It is them that are racing about to get home.
The men on the Cart that come round later do a great Job .

mulac
17-Feb-09, 23:18
With our Council tax so high.it is about time the council got there house in order.
I have been informed that the Workers on the recycling lorry are sometimes away home after Three Hours work and they are Getting Paid for Eight hours per day
It is us the Tax payer that are paying there wages,little wonder the Recycling lorry drives around at high speed so they can get away home.
it is about time this Job and Knock was scraped and the refuse service in caithness taken into line with the rest of Highland Region doing there eight Hours.

Wish i could go home after 3 hours at work!

It's well known in some jobs that you get to go home early if the works done ! Makes people work quicker and IMO have a better respect for your gaffer instead of sitting about twiddling your fingers.

It's just a shame that it is us that are paying for these guys wages and most of us have to do a full day every day :~(

5050sarah
17-Feb-09, 23:21
yeah but the recycling lorry doesnt have as much waste to pick up as the household waste lorry does! not everbody recycles!

mulac
17-Feb-09, 23:24
yeah but the recycling lorry doesnt have as much waste to pick up as the household waste lorry does! not everbody recycles!

Very true and most of us will be guilty of that(Not all)

There will be some wives who probably wish that their husbands were working 8 hours [lol]

Mazda
17-Feb-09, 23:29
Well they should be put to use helping the other men this is whats happens in INVERNESS.
We the Tax payer should not be Paying for them to sit at home in the time the Council is paying them for.
The matter has been taken to the attention of the director of Tec services and to our local mp John Thurso.
Also with the re grading of the posts some of the Binmen are going to lose money so we have to make sure the taxpayer is getting best value for there payment,Does the local council really needs two Supervisors one in Wick and another at Seater costing in Excess of £50 Thousand a year I Think NOT.
The old CDC managed with one for the whole Caithness area
The more that the management layer is cut the more money that is saved ,saved funds might mean that we will not have to pay for bulky uplifts.

davie
17-Feb-09, 23:49
Amazing the number of orgers whose first language is not English

abc123
17-Feb-09, 23:51
Amazing the number of orgers whose first language is not English

Hahahahaha, you rascal :)

(And I bet you're too subtle for him to notice.)

majic
18-Feb-09, 09:39
i think that they have rush they have such a large area to do and its not my kind of job out in all weathers

wickscorrie
19-Feb-09, 09:42
by any chance mazda do you also work for the council!!!
and if this is the case then surely management are at fault for not finding more work for them!
also if folk recycled more then this would also give them more work, and maybe the household waste lorry is on a go slow!

Skerries
19-Feb-09, 19:48
We the Tax payer should not be Paying for them to sit at home in the time the Council is paying them for.

Why not? Thousands of people have been paid what is ultimately taxpayers money for years to sit and do nothing but surf the org at Dounreay!!!
Hee hee, only joking! ;)

hails4
19-Feb-09, 20:24
have no problem with the council and you can't go knocking the guys who go home after 3 hours getting paid for 8, if my boss told me that id quite happily oblige! however i understand the core of your point but until Inverness gets their finger out and sort time management its going to be a case of waiting.

docker
20-Feb-09, 04:37
I stopped putting out the recycling box, as it was never getting picked up. The lorry would drive pasted my house without looking for it. Didn’t know they were in a rush to get home after only 3 hours work. Now if they had stopped for my recyclables they would have been home after 3 hours 5 mins work. I collected all the recyclables at the hose and put them up to the recycling depot at the airport myself, this worked out better as I could recycle far more than was collected at the curb side.

Mr P Cannop
20-Feb-09, 07:14
I stopped putting out the recycling box, as it was never getting picked up. The lorry would drive pasted my house without looking for it. Didn’t know they were in a rush to get home after only 3 hours work. Now if they had stopped for my recyclables they would have been home after 3 hours 5 mins work. I collected all the recyclables at the hose and put them up to the recycling depot at the airport myself, this worked out better as I could recycle far more than was collected at the curb side.

hi docker

if you dont put your bin out how is the men meant to pick it up thats why they dont look for it if its not out

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:13
hi docker

if you dont put your bin out how is the men meant to pick it up thats why they dont look for it if its not out
talk about stating the obvious lol. think the point here it was never getting emptyed when it was out, so they stopped.

Reckon the guys that drive the gritters make up for the men that go home, the amount of hours they work, take the other week for instance when we had the snow, my dad works in wick and they were out griting and clearing the snow for hours.

sam
20-Feb-09, 12:19
Yeah the gritter are so busy that they even grit when it raining :confused Thats the council boss's for you :roll:

on saying that at least they did go out when it snowed aswell

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-09, 12:21
Just a thought.................. Devils advocate etc, etc,..........

As the taxpayer we pay our taxes . Once that money has gone to the government its no longer our money but theres to do as they see best with. :confused

Our employers who pay us our wages , pay us with their money, and once that money has gone its ours to do as we see best with.

If our employers were to start demanding we spend it this way that way and the next would we take them on ? :eek:

I know this affects our taxes so what is the answer?

Should we all be members of a board and make decisions what the money is spent on. This is one of the reasons we have councillors MSPS and so on. They are to represent us on how to best spend the cash both from taxes and other sources. We should exercise our right to vote and make sure the best person is picked for the job. If they are not standing for what we feel is right we could also try a shot at it ourselves. Our council tax is a very small amount in the big, big picture.

I agree this does seem a waste of money to pay employees to go home and enjoy themselves . If you were the employee would you say no thanks I think Ill stay and work ? The management are the ones who need to look at this issue and see if they are getting value for money and enforce change if not. :D

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:22
Yeah the gritter are so busy that they even grit when it raining :confused Thats the council boss's for you :roll:

on saying that at least they did go out when it snowed aswell
reckon they may even have been out more than the other thought lol

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-09, 12:22
my dad works in wick and they were out griting and clearing the snow for hours.

All respect to your dad he came down and cleared our road one night late on as hubby was on call...............hope he enjoyed his wine I gave him :)

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:24
All respect to your dad he came down and cleared our road one night late on as hubby was on call...............hope he enjoyed his wine I gave him :)
oh dont know about that, will have to investigated.

sam
20-Feb-09, 12:29
reckon they may even have been out more than the other thought lol

ha ha i would say that would be a about right lol ;) :lol:

loobyloo
20-Feb-09, 12:58
It would never occur to me to be spying on folk: when they leave for work/return etc.. Even if I'd been sitting outside the depot in Albert Street, which is highly unlikely, I wouldn't have noted it.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a parallel universe..............

sam
20-Feb-09, 13:07
It would never occur to me to be spying on folk: when they leave for work/return etc.. Even if I'd been sitting outside the depot in Albert Street, which is highly unlikely, I wouldn't have noted it.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a parallel universe..............

I reckon the only person that would spy on folk at their work is their boss, why else would you even concider spying on them, unless you have a completely boring life with nothing better to do.

Its hardly the workers that are at fault here, but as usual they are the ones in the fireing line. Folk need to look at the bigger picture mainly of the pen pushers sitting in their offices drinking tea instead of trying to find better ways to improve their system.

Mazda
20-Feb-09, 13:29
I reckon the only person that would spy on folk at their work is their boss, why else would you even concider spying on them, unless you have a completely boring life with nothing better to do.

Its hardly the workers that are at fault here, but as usual they are the ones in the fireing line. Folk need to look at the bigger picture mainly of the pen pushers sitting in their offices drinking tea instead of trying to find better ways to improve their system.

Well some of us that have to work 8 Hours a day are sick of the Recycling Crew bosting about how earlier they get away home.
Yes i agree the management are at fault.

sam
20-Feb-09, 13:36
Well some of us that have to work 8 Hours a day are sick of the Recycling Crew bosting about how earlier they get away home.
Yes i agree the management are at fault.

think youself lucky lol some of us have to work between 10 & 12 hours a day, No its not fair that they get home early and are still paid but there again a hell of a lot of things in life are not fair, its just that life.

Its high time the boss's got a kick up the backside from their boss's but its the council and their right hand never knows what the left one is doing most of the time.[disgust]

wickscorrie
20-Feb-09, 16:43
Mazda if you are a council worker, are you on a day off as WELL that you can be sitting on a computer whinging like this, or are you finished early? and if not then are you wasting your employer's money when you should be hard at work!!!!!

black16i
20-Feb-09, 20:48
i have just been reading these posts and I cannot believe that someone would be so petty as to complain about when other people are finished work?

i would be delighted to get finished early every day, in fact it kinda makes me want to apply for a job with them.

Mazda, is there anything that keeps you happy? dosent seem to be anyway? The spot shop, wetherspoons, thurso coop, tescos , the council none of these keep you happy.

i dont mind paying my taxes to keep these folk in work no matter what hours they do? ask yourself the question, if your boss did not mind you going home early, would you?

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 20:52
i have just been reading these posts and I cannot believe that someone would be so petty as to complain about when other people are finished work?

i would be delighted to get finished early every day, in fact it kinda makes me want to apply for a job with them.

Mazda, is there anything that keeps you happy? dosent seem to be anyway? The spot shop, wetherspoons, thurso coop, tescos , the council none of these keep you happy.

i dont mind paying my taxes to keep these folk in work no matter what hours they do? ask yourself the question, if your boss did not mind you going home early, would you?

hear hear!

I know i would take the opportunity to go home early...but i dont work! :confused[lol]

black16i
20-Feb-09, 20:57
hear hear!

I know i would take the opportunity to go home early...but i dont work! :confused[lol]

i agree shelly and caithness is a hard enough place to fine a job just now without having 3 or 4 binmen out of work too.:)

balto
20-Feb-09, 21:01
hi alice, found out about the wine and dad says thankyou very much.

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 21:08
[quote=black16i;506435]

black16i,i was thinking this myself............:roll:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 21:11
Almost sure i never seen any threads about people saying "its rediculous that Dounreay got sent home when it was snowing"

Alot of places closed when the snow came, but council workers continued. Good on em! They do a grand job! :Razz

black16i
20-Feb-09, 21:12
black16i,i was thinking this myself............:roll:[/quote]

thanks butterfly,im glad someone agrees with me:)

philupmaboug
20-Feb-09, 21:13
Well said Black16i, it appears that Mazda is jealous that someone has a good thing and they cant so they just try to spoil it for others.......boo hoo.

black16i
20-Feb-09, 21:16
its very true, these guys are out in all weathers and if they are allowed home early, good luck to them, maybe all employers in caithness should take an example from them, haha

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 21:21
its very true, these guys are out in all weathers and if they are allowed home early, good luck to them, maybe all employers in caithness should take an example from them, haha

i will try to be not so harsh on myself then! I would class myself as self employed!! [lol]

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 21:26
Well said Black16i, it appears that Mazda is jealous that someone has a good thing and they cant so they just try to spoil it for others.......boo hoo.

agree with that too philupmaboug!;)

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 21:31
i will try to be not so harsh on myself then! I would class myself as self employed!! [lol]

i would class you as a domestic engineer shelley,that means worth your weight in gold my pal:lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 21:38
i would class you as a domestic engineer shelley,that means worth your weight in gold my pal:lol:

Genius a domestic engineer! Is that all a good thing tho! [lol]

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 21:44
of course its a good thing,i have been calling myself that for years.you are also a nurse,nanny,cook,cleaner,laundry lady ,the list goes on and on.ps not to forget you are always on call.....[lol]

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 21:49
of course its a good thing,i have been calling myself that for years.you are also a nurse,nanny,cook,cleaner,laundry lady ,the list goes on and on.ps not to forget you are always on call.....[lol]

Ahh that is true! I had never actually thought of it that way! Now i can tell the OH i work more than he does! :lol:

mums angels
20-Feb-09, 21:57
Ahh that is true! I had never actually thought of it that way! Now i can tell the OH i work more than he does! :lol:

Now don't forget to add keeping the org forums going single-handedly all day to the list aswell:lol:

As to keep to the thread before i get another warning ..lol
I think the council workers do a great job and as long as the jobs done and its done well why can't they go home ?

Mazda
20-Feb-09, 22:06
Another Thread that has been hi Jacked and way of line as to the Orignal post of Council Workers.
Why can people just Not keep to the Topic if they wish to write rubbish go elsewhere.
There are now people on here that post Rubbish just for the fun of it ,they have little to do.

davie
20-Feb-09, 22:12
Now if people did not post rubbish the Cooncil workers would not have to leave the house at all - as it is they can only pick up the rubbish that comes their way.

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 22:18
I think the council workers do a great job and as long as the jobs done and its done well why can't they go home ?

aye thats so true mums angels and i for one think they do a great job and dont deserve to get bad rep by one of lifes moaners[lol]

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 22:28
Another Thread that has been hi Jacked and way of line as to the Orignal post of Council Workers.
Why can people just Not keep to the Topic if they wish to write rubbish go elsewhere.
There are now people on here that post Rubbish just for the fun of it ,they have little to do.

Fine...for your sake.

Why cant you give anyone a break? Every post i have read of yours it has some form of critisism.

What do you have against people in general? Or is it workers?

black16i
20-Feb-09, 22:33
Fine...for your sake.

Why cant you give anyone a break? Every post i have read of yours it has some form of critisism.

What do you have against people in general? Or is it workers?

well said shelly, i totally agree with you, i guess it may just be sour grapes

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 22:34
[quote=Kodiak;504645]Sorry after reading your other threads along with this one it just looks like you are trying to get a rise out of the .org community.

spot on kodiak!spot on[lol]

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 22:38
i will tell you what i have noticed about you mazda,you dont like anyone disagreeing with your post,well that is just tough toast and its what you should expect.this is a public forum and people have a right to their opinions,if you dont like it you move on.you cant change peoples opinions so there is no point getting hot under the collar[evil]

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 22:41
i will tell you what i have noticed about you mazda,you dont like anyone disagreeing with your post,well that is just tough toast and its what you should expect.this is a public forum and people have a right to their opinions,if you dont like it you move on.you cant change peoples opinions so there is no point getting hot under the collar[evil]

Indeed butterfly, indeed. Mazda does not like when we go off topic, so definetely advise Mazda to stay away from the "general for general" thread. Definetely wont like it there. :roll:

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 22:48
Indeed butterfly, indeed. Mazda does not like when we go off topic, so definetely advise Mazda to stay away from the "general for general" thread. Definetely wont like it there. :roll:

question is WHAT does she like...........bottle half empty springs to mind[lol]

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 22:51
question is WHAT does she like...........bottle half empty springs to mind[lol]

Half full? Oh woo butterfly hold on...we are off topic! ;)

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 22:59
Half full? Oh woo butterfly hold on...we are off topic! ;)

now shelley we must not post rubbish,just put it in your bin for the good council workers to pick up;)

TBH
20-Feb-09, 23:03
As Mazda had started the thread then he/she is entitled to complain when it is hijacked, which it has been.
Taking a thread off-topic can sometimes help to defuse arguments that arise when dealing with an emotive topic but there is no need for it on this particular thread and it is causing the arguments rather than negating them.

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:25
would like to point out it has been off topic since page one

TBH
20-Feb-09, 23:33
would like to point out it has been off topic since page oneNot really. There is one off-topic post.

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 00:06
Not really. There is one off-topic post.

and heres another one

TBH
21-Feb-09, 00:11
and heres another oneI hear they are selling apostrophes in Tescos.

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 00:15
I hear they are selling apostrophes in Tescos.

and another one!!!!!![lol]

TBH
21-Feb-09, 00:16
and another one!!!!!![lol]Damn, I should have realised you were playing me on the off-topic posts.:eek:

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 00:21
Damn, I should have realised you were playing me on the off-topic posts.:eek:

see you in general for general tbh!i am off now defo[lol]