PDA

View Full Version : wheely bin races for the weekend

lynne duncan
17-Feb-09, 22:06
hi tuggs
any heads up for the weather at the weekend, someone said high winds and snow,

sids
17-Feb-09, 22:33
I lost my beloved paper recycling bin in the last winds, all I have to show for it is the lid! Rather than ask the council for a new one and being told I had to pay for it, I've been secreting all the paper into the household bin :OO

poppett
17-Feb-09, 22:37
Where abouts in the county are you Sids............ I ask bacause we have a blue bin in the garden but no lid.

sids
17-Feb-09, 22:48
In Thurso. What aa convoluted way of getting a solution!

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 02:16
hi tuggs
any heads up for the weather at the weekend, someone said high winds and snow,

Hiya Lynne,
sorry for the late reply had a bit of a chaotic day and no time to post until now lol
yes i spotted a hint of this the other day but it was too far out to be certain. i'm still only 80% about it but yes, it's looking like snow from saturday evening through til monday at least with the winds topping 50 - 60mph on sunday around lunch time. i don't particularly like the charts out at this time of night, but i will be home tomorrow when the ones i do like come out so will do a wee forecast for the weekend then :)
thanks for the reminder lynne :)

Kevin Milkins
18-Feb-09, 02:59
I have just got back in from walking the dog and it is that still down by the river above the Coghill bridge its spooky:eek:.

I had a sit down on one of the benches there for about ten minutes and I had got a fair sweat on, so you think it's vests back on this weekend Tugs?lol

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 12:21
it's certainly going to be a lot cooler again this weekend kevin!

i'll post a forecast this early evening for you all for the weekend :)

Ash
18-Feb-09, 12:29
would i be able to get a weather report for wednesday
wee one is of to raigmore to gromits in, its taken soo long to get this appointment hope the trains still run

Tugmistress
18-Feb-09, 12:34
would i be able to get a weather report for wednesday
wee one is of to raigmore to gromits in, its taken soo long to get this appointment hope the trains still run

next wednesday is a long way away in weather terms ash, but i'll have a look but it will nly be an idea this far out and liable to onlly be about 50% right. remind me saturday and i'll give you a proper one :)

Ash
18-Feb-09, 12:53
next wednesday is a long way away in weather terms ash, but i'll have a look but it will nly be an idea this far out and liable to onlly be about 50% right. remind me saturday and i'll give you a proper one :)
thank you just we really need to get there
:D

crashbandicoot1979
18-Feb-09, 13:12
I lost my beloved paper recycling bin in the last winds, all I have to show for it is the lid! Rather than ask the council for a new one and being told I had to pay for it, I've been secreting all the paper into the household bin :OO

Are replacement boxes not free? We got a replacement and I'm sure we didn't have to pay for it(we wouldn't have taken it if we did!! :roll: )

WeeBurd
18-Feb-09, 14:52
Are replacement boxes not free? We got a replacement and I'm sure we didn't have to pay for it(we wouldn't have taken it if we did!! :roll: )

My box lid got damaged during the last winds - a quick call to the council on the Friday, and I had my new lid on the Monday morning. Excellent service! :D