PDA

View Full Version : joining

denise
17-Feb-09, 20:49
my sister has been trying to join the site but cant as she has hotmail addy wot does she do now she keeps hogging my account help!!!!

Gizmo
17-Feb-09, 20:54
Get her to get an acceptable email address, your ISP will be able to provide you with an email address that the registration process will accept.

BRIE
18-Feb-09, 13:47
I had same trouble when I changed my internet provider to BT, I tryed to update my email address but it wouldnt accept it! emailed the mods to find out how to rectify the problem but got no reply!! then hayho 2 weeks later got a profile warning from them for not having a valid email address![evil]

Fran
19-Feb-09, 03:30
You can get a free yahoo e mail address very easily, then you can get on caithness org.

alanabain
19-Feb-09, 09:00
You can get a free yahoo e mail address very easily, then you can get on caithness org.

I have a yahoo email address and it doesnt work.

I am currently using my work email but i am going on maternity leave in march and they will cancel the email address. i will need to get a new one. but dont know what to use.

My boyfriend uses the tiscali email.

why do they not allow these email addresses anyway?

changilass
19-Feb-09, 09:44
I think its to do with spammers, but its not too hard to get a valid email and lots of sites wont let you join without one.

T & C's says:-
IMPORTANT - You MUST enter a valid email address in order to receive your activation email; if you do not get your email then you will never have access to your account!

Furthermore we do not allow the use of Web based e-mail accounts (e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo or similar, full list here) if you try any of these types of accounts then your registration will fail. If you use a webmail address that we have not found yet then you risk having your account deleted in the future, so please use an ISP e-mail account or similar.

dragonfly
19-Feb-09, 10:04
you can get a free AOL email account, details HERE (https://reg.my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/registration/initRegistration.psp?lang=en&locale=gb&createSn=1&sitedomain=sns.webmail.aol.com&seamless=novl&mcAuth=%2FBcAG0mdICIAAPd%2FAlRQaUmdIF4IIGV2D5Iht0M AAA%3D%3D)

Geo
19-Feb-09, 10:59
Given that so many people use webmail as their main legitimate email solution surely there is another way of dealing with it. Is it not allowed because so many spammers use automated software to sign up lots of accounts to forums? If so why not use the option where on registration a graphic shows a code that has to be entered manually? Would that not stop the spammers' automated registrations?

BRIE
19-Feb-09, 11:31
mine was btinternet.com which isnt on their list but it still wouldnt accept it.

denise
19-Feb-09, 11:42
wots isp ??? lol not up on pc knowledge, her hubby btinternet and it wouldnt allow that either

hotrod4
19-Feb-09, 11:43
Its the best way not to allow hotmail,yahoo etc. After all if you use your ISP e-mail address your ISP can be contacted if you are a bad boy/girl. Keeps things safer doesnt it?
And as most people will use their Home computers they will have an ISP so should have an E-mail address provided by them.
Mine is a btinternet one(my ISP) and had no problems.

denise
19-Feb-09, 11:44
tried hubbys btinternet addy and wouldnt allow it how do u get isp addy ??????????

BRIE
19-Feb-09, 11:53
get in touch with the mods they allowed my btinternet mail address in the end.