PDA

View Full Version : The answer that Metalattakk wanted.

abc123
17-Feb-09, 19:16
I called the number advertised for PC Repairs. Sounded like I got someone out of bed. They confirmed they are not a company, just an individual.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-09, 19:20
Ah, thanks for that abc123.

If ever I need my PC fixed, I'll come to you before even thinking of trying them. ;)

DeHaviLand
17-Feb-09, 19:21
SO what? There is no law states you have to be registered as a limited company to run a business. Sole trading is a perfectly legitimate way to run a business. How about offering some backing to someone who is getting off their backside and trying to better themself. Honestly, you lot want to take a right good look at yourselves. Bloody childish.

abc123
17-Feb-09, 19:23
SO what? There is no law states you have to be registered as a limited company to run a business. Sole frading is a perfectly legitimate way to run a business. How about offering some backing to someone who is getting off their backside and trying to better themself. Honestly, you lot want to take a right good look at yourselves. Bloody childish.

At no point did anyone say that sole trading is a problem. Metalattakk simply asked the question as to whether they were a registered company or sole trader. Since they advertised their telephone number, then why not ask the source itself.

If you want to jump to conclusions that up to you.

DeHaviLand
17-Feb-09, 19:28
This is exactly what Mentalattak wrote "A quick question for you cesare: What's your company number - as registered at Companies House"

Now show me exactly where he asked if they were a sole trader or limited company? Now, as I hinted at before, grow up.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-09, 19:31
Mentalattak

I smell the borg among us. :D

abc123
17-Feb-09, 19:32
This is exactly what Mentalattak wrote "A quick question for you cesare: What's your company number - as registered at Companies House"

Now show me exactly where he asked if they were a sole trader or limited company? Now, as I hinted at before, grow up.

If you have a company number you are a registered company. If not you are a sole trader. It's as simple as that.

miranda
17-Feb-09, 19:34
SO what? There is no law states you have to be registered as a limited company to run a business. Sole trading is a perfectly legitimate way to run a business. How about offering some backing to someone who is getting off their backside and trying to better themself. Honestly, you lot want to take a right good look at yourselves. Bloody childish.

I agree with you there DeHaviLand, all the guy/girl was trying to do was promote a service which could be beneficial to lots of people on here.
Bang the big bad orgers shoot them down !!!
It is getting more like a playground on here!!!
Well i wish them good luck!!

abc123
17-Feb-09, 19:36
I agree with you there DeHaviLand, all the guy/girl was trying to do was promote a service which could be beneficial to lots of people on here.

Without going into the details of a private conversation, if the one I had with the trader on the phone is anything to go by, then he is going to need all the luck he can get.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-09, 19:42

Jeez, all I did was ask a few questions. :roll:

I too wish them good luck. I also wish their potential customers not to have their PCs put at risk by potential cowboys. Answers to my questions could easily put people's minds at ease a wee bit. For sure, they'll be faced with much more difficult questions (and with much less time to think of an answer) if their business takes off.

Unless of course, you think the world is a nice big cuddly soft place where nothing bad ever happens, and we should all be patting each other on the back.