PDA

View Full Version : e bay buyers!!!!!!

mrs and mr brown
17-Feb-09, 15:59
when you are shopping on ebay beware of this person wish5tree, he/she is a con man, i bought an item from them about 2months ago now, when i checked the feedback it was all good, however since the bidding ended on my item, i paid straight away, they sent me an email saying it would take abut 25 days as hes from abroard, fine i thought, however no item and money was taken, looked back on his feedback and lods of people are saying the same thing money took no item to be seen,

i am happy because it was only a few pound never the less money is money no matter how big or small. the person is a conn man dont by off of this man!!!!!!!!!!

Vistravi
17-Feb-09, 16:04
Cheers for your warning. I shall look out for this person;)

Sorry to hear you were swindled.

Did you report the ebayer to ebay?

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 16:09
If you paid by PayPal, which I assume you since you said you paid right away, then all you have to do is to report this to PayPal and you will get you money back.

mrs and mr brown
17-Feb-09, 16:14
If you paid by PayPal, which I assume you since you said you paid right away, then all you have to do is to report this to PayPal and you will get you money back.

yes did pay by paypal however they just sent me a standard email saying we want to help with your problem bla bla bla!! because it was about 2months ago now the item has cleared ect,

Penelope Pitstop
17-Feb-09, 16:16

My dealings with PayPal say....easier said than done:confused

mrs and mr brown
17-Feb-09, 16:17
i have just noticed that the buyer isnt selling any items now however that doesnt stop them from selling under a different name. the reason that i left it so long was that the item was coming from china,

not being nasty to anyone that is selling from china but be careful as the person problerly has changed his ebay name, but the location is china so becareful when buying from there. thanks

mrs and mr brown
17-Feb-09, 16:19
My dealings with PayPal say....easier said than done:confused

i agree with you, as it was only a few pound doubt ill see that again, sadly i have see on his feedback that some people have lost alot more.

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 16:22
I just looked wish5tree up and right enough, all bad feedback! Tut tut!

Dont know how people think they can get away with things like that! :(

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 16:44
i have just noticed that the buyer isnt selling any items now however that doesnt stop them from selling under a different name. the reason that i left it so long was that the item was coming from china,

not being nasty to anyone that is selling from china but be careful as the person problerly has changed his ebay name, but the location is china so becareful when buying from there. thanks

There is set time that PayPal has and if you go over that time it is assumed that everything is OK with the Transaction.

In future if you but anything from PayPal and you have not received it from the seller within 14 days, no matter where in the world it is being sent from, report it to PayPal. DO NOT WAIT. Then they will be able to help you.

In the past year I have had to report 2 sellers for not sending the goods I bought and in both cases I received the full amount that I paid, including the P&P, back from PayPal with no real problems.

Just for information to get anything from china takes between 5 to 7 days for delivery, I have bought several items from China, Hong Kong, Singapore etc etc and this is the usual delivery time.

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 16:48
Infact my OH is waiting for a parcel to come from an ebay seller. Me and my OH both bought the exact same thing, he bought his 5 minutes before me, from the same seller.

My item came a week ago. He is still waiting for his! There was 2 other items i purchased from the seller 4 days after we bought our 2 items, they arrived last week aswell! :confused

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 17:05
Infact my OH is waiting for a parcel to come from an ebay seller. Me and my OH both bought the exact same thing, he bought his 5 minutes before me, from the same seller.

My item came a week ago. He is still waiting for his! There was 2 other items i purchased from the seller 4 days after we bought our 2 items, they arrived last week aswell! :confused

I would contact this seller ASAP if I was you. He could have made a mistake and thought there was only one order for that particular item specially if it was to the same address.

There could be a simple reason so I would contact the Seller.

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 17:16
I would contact this seller ASAP if I was you. He could have made a mistake and thought there was only one order for that particular item specially if it was to the same address.

There could be a simple reason so I would contact the Seller.

We have contacted him and he said to allow another 14 days for delivery!

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 17:28
We have contacted him and he said to allow another 14 days for delivery!

14 days seems far too long to me. If I was you I would wait until what you think is a reasonable time, say this Friday, and if still not received then contact PayPal and report and open a Dispute as Item not received.

Better to open a dispute sooner rather than later.

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 17:29
14 days seems far too long to me. If I was you I would wait until what you think is a reasonable time, say this Friday, and if still not received then contact PayPal and report and open a Dispute as Item not received.

Better to open a dispute sooner rather than later.

Yeah we emailed back and said he had til this weekend. That was long enough we thought since the item was purchased 2 weeks ago!

Julia
17-Feb-09, 18:07
I don't think they are conning anyone, they haven't had any positive feedback since Jan 18th which in my mind says something has happened, probably in their personal life, there have also been no sales since Jan 23rd which is when the last neg feedback was left, they themselves have not left any feedback since June last year. They also have no items currently for sale.

It's a bit strange but how do you know the man or woman hasn't died? Until recently their reputation has been good with the majority of negative feedback happening in the the last month, in my experience this is a good indication that there is a problem outwith ebay.

It's a matter of time before the words 'no longer a registered user' will show up against their account. With that amount of negative feedback it is inevitable.

mrs and mr brown
17-Feb-09, 18:10
I just looked wish5tree up and right enough, all bad feedback! Tut tut!

Dont know how people think they can get away with things like that! :(

i know when i looked him up the other day i saw the feedback and thought what have i done lol. wish it was there when i bought the item, i wouldnt have bought the item if i knew, i have also sent him message after message still no responce, its very shocking how people can get away with these things. daylight robbery tut tut indeed. [evil][evil]

Bad Manners
17-Feb-09, 18:13
If i purchase an item and it is not delivered within a reasonable time i contact paypal on sevral occasions the seller has been genuine and all was well and the enquiry closed with no loss too either side. however i have had three occasions when goods did not arrive and raised the matter with paypal on all three occasions the seller wound not respond and i was refunded all monies in full.
I have a few friends who have experienced probs and the common theme in all is the fact the items are comming from China or Hong Kong.
As with all things buyer beware so do take extra care when buying from those areas they are not all bad but a good few have proved to be.

mrs and mr brown
17-Feb-09, 18:18
I don't think they are conning anyone, they haven't had any positive feedback since Jan 18th which in my mind says something has happened, probably in their personal life, there have also been no sales since Jan 23rd which is when the last neg feedback was left, they themselves have not left any feedback since June last year. They also have no items currently for sale.

It's a bit strange but how do you know the man or woman hasn't died? Until recently their reputation has been good with the majority of negative feedback happening in the the last month, in my experience this is a good indication that there is a problem outwith ebay.

It's a matter of time before the words 'no longer a registered user' will show up against their account. With that amount of negative feedback it is inevitable.

well i think different and so doest the other people this has happened to. i bought the item just at the end of december, if the person has died as you said the the family would see that there is alot of money going in to the bank account!!!!! as for the no items for sale he/she has proberley changed the name of themselves. and another thing that makes me think that is the item that i bought, which there was only that seller that was selling them now there is another from the same place china{yes i know that is a big country lots of people ect} when i asked about the item they were seling they didnt respond.

Boss
17-Feb-09, 19:03
when you are shopping on ebay beware of this person wish5tree, he/she is a con man, i bought an item from them about 2months ago now, when i checked the feedback it was all good, however since the bidding ended on my item, i paid straight away, they sent me an email saying it would take abut 25 days as hes from abroard, fine i thought, however no item and money was taken, looked back on his feedback and lods of people are saying the same thing money took no item to be seen,

i am happy because it was only a few pound never the less money is money no matter how big or small. the person is a conn man dont by off of this man!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, thanks for that info, will keep my eyes open.
Cheers!

Julia
21-Feb-09, 00:16
Just thought I'd update you on that ebay user, just as I expected they are no longer a register user. 16 negative feedbacks recently, bit strange they built up a trustworthy name just ruin it all for a few quid right at the end. Hopefully anyone out of pocket will get their money back!