PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Rafferty missing.

Rheghead
17-Feb-09, 13:50
My theory is that he has given up the booze and the one-night stands, bought some land in a quiet little town and moved there to forget about everything. What d'yer think?:confused :lol:

I hope he is safe and well where ever he is.

abc123
17-Feb-09, 13:52
I've got his new address - it's somewhere along Baker Street.

Rheghead
17-Feb-09, 13:58
I've got his new address - it's somewhere along Baker Street.

Yeah, I'm going to knock on his door, see that surprised expression on his face and ask him where he's been. lol

abc123
17-Feb-09, 14:00
He's maybe in the pub along the road - I think it's called the Stealers Wheel.

Geo
17-Feb-09, 14:12
It doesn't sound good. The man sounds like he is going through a very rough time.
http://news.scotsman.com/opinion/Stuck-in-a-battle-with.4352529.jp

scorrie
18-Feb-09, 01:20
I heard that Gerry Rafferty was reported alive and well. Apparently he earns £80,000 a year from the song Baker Street alone.

Rheghead
18-Feb-09, 03:30
I heard that Gerry Rafferty was reported alive and well. Apparently he earns £80,000 a year from the song Baker Street alone.

With that sort of income he can keep moving from place to place, but I've heard that he has replaced Bill Wyman and joined the Rolling Stones, so with a world tour coming up, I know he will always be on the move.

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Feb-09, 13:14
Just to remind everyone how great Rafferty is, check out his tunes on MySpace:
www.myspace.com/gerry71787980

Note: I haven't bothered to spend half an hour trawling his lyrics on the very, very small possibilty he may have a sweary word in there. I know how it can offend some people.

Rheghead
18-Feb-09, 14:01
Just to remind everyone how great Rafferty is, check out his tunes on MySpace:
www.myspace.com/gerry71787980

Note: I haven't bothered to spend half an hour trawling his lyrics on the very, very small possibilty he may have a sweary word in there. I know how it can offend some people.

You should, his lyrics are truly an inspiration. But any true fan would know if there is a sweary in his lyrics or not without trawling through them.;):)

"But I swear this is one time that I am not to blame."

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Feb-09, 14:07
You'd be surprised.

Rheghead
18-Feb-09, 14:11
You'd be surprised.

Yeah, I really surprised myself.:lol:

golach
18-Feb-09, 16:08
He is not missing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7896777.stm

Rheghead
18-Feb-09, 16:16
That's great news.

MadPict
18-Feb-09, 16:17
Glenn Miller is still missing......

Sporran
18-Feb-09, 20:01
He is not missing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7896777.stm

Thanks for that link, Golach. I'm delighted to read that Gerry Rafferty is alive and well in Tuscany! :D I've been a fan of his since the 70s. He has a terrific voice and writes such catchy songs. He's picked a great place to live - I've been to Tuscany a few times myself, and spent a lot of time in Florence. Let's hope it has lent some inspiration for his forthcoming new album. Perhaps we'll be hearing "Via Vecchio" instead of "Baker Street"! ;)

joxville
18-Feb-09, 20:47
Glenn Miller is still missing......

He was In The Mood for playing hide and seek. I think he's won.:D

JAWS
19-Feb-09, 02:13
The latest fairly recent theory, which is pretty plausible, is that his pilot got off course and wandered into an area in the Channel which was used by the bombers returning from raids to dump their unused bombs.

A Canadian who was well acquainted with the type of plane Miller was in saw it below them from his plane whilst the bombers returning from a raid were jettisoning their bombs.
The assumption is that the plane was hit during this process.

When somebody asked why nothing had been done about it at the time it was pointed out that with the massive number of planes being lost during raids one more plane being lost was just one of those things. Besides which, seeing Millers plane wasn’t supposed to be there anyway little interest was taken, the assumption being that he had misidentified the plane despite the fact that he had spent many hours with exactly the same aircraft in Canada.

What a band though, what a band.

Green_not_greed
19-Feb-09, 12:45
Going back to Gerry Rafferty, this was the first I'd heard that he'd gone missing and then been found OK. Thanks for the news.

Any truth in the rumour that he spent his missing time stranded in the middle of a West Highland sheepfarm - stuck in the middle with ewe?