PDA

View Full Version : Missing Tabby Cat

evelyn
13-Feb-06, 11:53
Kevin, our large brown\grey striped male tabby cat has been missing from Harrowhill in Wick since the early hours of Sunday morning. Its really not like him to be away for so long.
Please keep a look out for him and check your shed or garage if you live near us. Contact me by pm if you have seen him.
Many thanks
evelyn

Liz
13-Feb-06, 14:05
Really hope Kevin turns up safe and well very soon!

evelyn
14-Feb-06, 09:23
Still no sign of him. Keep looking folks. He may have wandered into a car or van and be a fair distance away from home....so if you spot a new tabby in your area please let me know. A few distinguishing features are his long white whiskers, hardly any meow and very sooty coloured pads on his paws.

nicnak
14-Feb-06, 10:03
Hi evelyn really hope your cat turns up soon I know how distressing it can be when your cat disappears. We had one of ours disappear a couple of months ago but we got her back this week, so dont give up.

luskentyre
14-Feb-06, 19:08
Have you got a picture of Kevin? We can put his details on the Cats Protection website if you like?

http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk/index.htm

evelyn
15-Feb-06, 01:04
Many thanks luskentyre. I will try to send a photo of him once I get my head round how to do so! I'm relatively new to this digital camera stuff.
evelyn
ps Thanks for your kind thoughts niknak. We're all really missing him and are hoping that he's lying cosy in front of someone elses fire.

connieb19
15-Feb-06, 01:06
Aw Evelyn, I hope you get him back soon!! :(

luskentyre
15-Feb-06, 02:03
Evelyn, if you need some advice on getting the pictures out of the camera then send me a private message.

evelyn
17-Feb-06, 00:23
I managed to get a photo and some info sent to Cats Protection and Bill.
Thanks for your offer of help, Luskentyre.
Still no sign of Kevin, but a few uplifting stories of cats reappearing have given us a little hope that he might be back yet.
evelyn

cuddlepop
17-Feb-06, 14:12
Williams cat turned up safe and hungry I'm sure your's will too.Isn't it strange that so many cats[para] are going walkabout

Liz
17-Feb-06, 14:13
Really sorry to hear that Kevin hasn't turned up yet.:cry:

The good thing is we know he is a survivor as he 'lived rough' before you kindly gave him a home.

Don't give up hope as, although it must feel like a long time, it really is early days and cats have been known to come home after a long time.

evelyn
20-Feb-06, 12:36
A tabby cat has been seen around the Francis street/Dunnetts garage area. If anyone has seen a tabby in that area that hasn't been around before, please get in touch.
evelyn

luskentyre
20-Feb-06, 13:24
Fingers crossed Evelyn - hope Kevin turns up soon.

Just to remind people, Kevin looks like this:

http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk/missing/kevin/kevin.jpg

evelyn
20-Feb-06, 13:57
Thanks Luskentyre.
Can't thank Bill and yourselves at Cats Protection enough.
evelyn

evelyn
21-Feb-06, 16:41
A couple of sightings of cats looking like Kevin....one on bridge street and one on the service bridge.....its not improbable that this is him, as he was found near the medical centre when he wandered away during the first few weeks that we acquired him. Please get in touch even if you're not sure if its him, as we'd rather check it out.
evelyn

Liz
21-Feb-06, 18:57
Hope it is Kevin!

Have you tried walking along this area and calling his name maybe in the relative quiet of the evening?

As you said he was found in that area before so it is feasible he has gone back there for some reason.

Good luck!

tigger
21-Feb-06, 21:34
hope you find him soon i will be working around your area the morn so i will keep an eye out for him will he come to a stranger??????????????????

evelyn
21-Feb-06, 22:25
If ye've a bit o bacon in yer piece he will!!
He's really friendly but even more so if he thinks he'll get a tasty morsel!
Thanks so much Tigger.
evelyn
PS Just a reminder of our phone numbers....605865 or 07788906991 or 07887706833(thats my son Pauls mobile)...or my work 880229.

cuddlepop
21-Feb-06, 22:44
Evelyn was he a rescued cat as he may have gone back to the place where he was found,Only an idea...i'm sure he'll be back soon.:)

evelyn
22-Feb-06, 11:41
Cuddlepop, I've spoken to his previous owner and he's not turned up there either. He wandered away from them a year ago. We found him hanging about here looking bewildered and tried to trace his owners but were unsuccessful. He settled in fine with my menagerie and it was a few months later that we discovered where he had come from. His owners were happy to know that he'd settled in with us and said we could keep him. He did disappear shortly after we had taken him in and was found down by the medical centre. Once neutered he stopped his meanderings. We're hoping he's just toddled off in the wrong direction again. Fingers crossed he finds his way back.
Thanks for your suggestion though, its very kind of you.
evelyn

cuddlepop
22-Feb-06, 16:10
No problem.I'm very attached to my dog so can understand how upset you must be.If its an older cat its probably street wise so will survive for longer.As he's done this before he's more than likely snuggled up somewhere.:D Not much comfort i know,but i dont think anything bad has happened to him.

Jinty
26-Feb-06, 18:33
Any sign of Kevin yet?

evelyn
26-Feb-06, 18:57
Sadly, no.
We're starting to give up hope now.
He is really well known around here and hasn't been seen around any of his usual haunts.
Loads of really kind folk have been looking out for him but he just seems to have disappeared.
evelyn

Liz
26-Feb-06, 19:57
Oh Evelyn my heart goes out to you but please don't give up hope yet.

I'm not trying to give you false hope but cats have been known to come back home after being away for ages!

We know that Kevin is a bit of a wanderer and someone may have taken him in thinking he is a stray.

I will send an email to the HQ of Cats Protection asking them to distribute emails to all the branches just in case he did go into a vehicle and has gone outside Caithness.

Take care.

evelyn
26-Feb-06, 21:40
Thanks Liz. Just seems unlikely that anyone would think he was a stray as he is so friendly and borderline obese!!
evelyn

unicorn
26-Feb-06, 21:42
Hope you get him back safe and sound and soon

krieve
26-Feb-06, 23:10
Im sure he will come back probabaly not gone to far

ice box
27-Feb-06, 00:12
hope he comes back i will keep an eye out .

evelyn
27-Feb-06, 00:19
I'm quite overcome....yer a great bunch.
evelyn

Moira
27-Feb-06, 00:43
Evelyn - you got me again. Every time I see you posting, I think "Great - Kevin must be home!" I, like the others hope that he does come home soon - I know from personal experience what a worry it is when a pet goes missing. Sounds like Kevin is quite resourceful - so we'll all keep hoping :D

wickerinca
27-Feb-06, 04:14
Keep your chin up...there is hope yet!

Thinking of you.

Moira
04-Mar-06, 22:12
Hi Evelyn

I've been thinking about Kevin with all this rough weather & just noticed your reply to Cuddlepop on another thread that he hasn't come home yet. I'm posting here to bring this back to the top of the board.

You never know - someone who isn't normally on the board during the week could well have "adopted" a "stray" recently or maybe know of someone else who has. If they see this they may get in touch with you

I'm quite sure the little sod (darling) is tucked up cosy at someone else's fireside - leaving you to do all the worrying :( I know from experience what an awful feeling it is, not knowing where they are. BTW - all mine came back - so fingers & paws crossed .... :)

Moira

connieb19
05-Mar-06, 00:46
Aw, I feel all sad reading this..I hope he comes home soon..:~(

Sara
05-Mar-06, 11:36
Evelyn,

Tried phoning you this morning but you weren't in at the time. Wanted to say that we've had a cat under our car, and wandering into our front garden to watch the birds (we have a feeder there) and he looks very much like your Kevin, but I'm not positive. I've put out a little bowl for him this morning in the hopes that he'll come again today and perhaps I can lure him in and get a pic to post here. If I do get a pic, I'll ring you straight away and post it here. BTW, I'm in Bower and this cat has been around for a few days and looks very healthy so I sort of assumed he(?) belonged to one of the farms in the area. I'll try my best to see if I can get him round again.

Sara

evelyn
05-Mar-06, 12:06
Sorry I missed you Sara.
If you see him again just ring and I can come out to see if its him. My telephone numbers are
Home 01955605865
Mobile 07788906991
Sons Mobile 07887706833
Work 01955880229
Many thanks
evelyn

connieb19
05-Mar-06, 12:08
I really do hope it's kevin and you get him home!! You must be missing him loads!! :(

unicorn
05-Mar-06, 12:36
Fingers crossed that it's him :)

evelyn
05-Mar-06, 19:51
Unicorn, my fingers are almost knitted together!! I don't want to get my hopes raised to high though.
evelyn

Moira
09-Mar-06, 01:10
Evelyn

Just wondered if Sara got back to you about the tabby she saw in her garden? I know it was a long shot - but I was so hoping it would be Kevin. Is she keeping in touch with you if she sees the tabby again? Fingers, paws & everything else crossed for a happy ending here.

Fran
09-Mar-06, 01:28
Evelyn,

Tried phoning you this morning but you weren't in at the time. Wanted to say that we've had a cat under our car, and wandering into our front garden to watch the birds (we have a feeder there) and he looks very much like your Kevin, but I'm not positive. I've put out a little bowl for him this morning in the hopes that he'll come again today and perhaps I can lure him in and get a pic to post here. If I do get a pic, I'll ring you straight away and post it here. BTW, I'm in Bower and this cat has been around for a few days and looks very healthy so I sort of assumed he(?) belonged to one of the farms in the area. I'll try my best to see if I can get him round again.

SaraI do so hope this cat is Kevin...but if not, could he be my neighbours cat who could have wondered from near the farm going out of wick on the castletown road.he went missing around the same time as kevin but dont know if he could have got that far. He is a very fluffy tabby cat and very friendly though timid at first.

evelyn
09-Mar-06, 12:32
No word from Sara yet , but I've a friend of my mums who's keeping an eye out at Bower for me too, Moira.
Hope your friends cat turns up Fran.
evelyn

cuddlepop
09-Mar-06, 14:04
Evelyn is this unusual for this number of cats to go missing?
Spoke to the cat protection person on Skye and they think something may be disorinating them?
Is there blasting,digging drilling going on in theses areas.You no animals instintavely leave an area they dont feel save in :o
Hope you manage to find him soon,
Have you tried to loof further afield ,like Sutherland

janebudge
09-Mar-06, 19:41
Sorry to here about your cat. Our cat just came home at 4.45 this morning, been gone since sunday also. Our cat never been gone that long so dont give up hope. Hope he's home soon
Kevin, our large brown\grey striped male tabby cat has been missing from Harrowhill in Wick since the early hours of Sunday morning. Its really not like him to be away for so long.
Please keep a look out for him and check your shed or garage if you live near us. Contact me by pm if you have seen him.
Many thanks
evelyn

Liz
09-Mar-06, 19:52
I am not sure whether it is the case more cats than normal are going missing or just the fact that we are hearing about it due to caithness.org etc?

Cats are really curious creatures and most cats who go missing have been shut in somewhere which is why they are really hungry when they do eventually return home. Unfortunately, this also means that they could get onto vehicles and end up out of the county!

There are also a large number of cats who are found as strays and no one ever claims them.

This makes me really sad for people like Evelyn and Fran's neighbour who are desperate to be reunited with their much loved pets.

I know what it is like as I have had cats go missing (the same one twice) and got them back apart from one. I am still sure that nothing bad happened to him and that he just 'moved on' as he was a bit of a free spirit.

Thinking of all of you who have missing cats. It is awful!:(

happy_83
09-Mar-06, 22:00
Sorry to here about your cat. Our cat just came home at 4.45 this morning, been gone since sunday also. Our cat never been gone that long so dont give up hope. Hope he's home soon

Jane

Really pleased to hear your cats come home.

Evelyn, i hope the cat that Sara saw is Kevin. :)

evelyn
14-Mar-06, 11:43
Sara ,You didn't get back to me so I suppose you haven't seen the cat again.
Maybe you could let me know if thats the case.
evelyn