PDA

View Full Version : Sky TV

poppett
17-Feb-09, 12:47
Could I have some feedback for you folkies out there who have a Sky package. If you could check the direct debits from December on and see if they have given you the benefit of the VAT decrease from 1st December. Ours is still the same, and no proper response to phone calls and emails.

For all their faults BT`s line rental was reduced right away with one month being so many days at old rate, so many at new rate depending on date direct debit due, then fully discounted the following month.

Pipex did the same as BT.

Sky have their head in the sand by the look of things, or is it just for our account......hence the interest from other orgers.

Thank you

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 12:50
Could I have some feedback for you folkies out there who have a Sky package. If you could check the direct debits from December on and see if they have given you the benefit of the VAT decrease from 1st December. Ours is still the same, and no proper response to phone calls and emails.

For all their faults BT`s line rental was reduced right away with one month being so many days at old rate, so many at new rate depending on date direct debit due, then fully discounted the following month.

Pipex did the same as BT.

Sky have their head in the sand by the look of things, or is it just for our account......hence the interest from other orgers.

Thank you

I have not had anything back from them. I am still £35 a month. (i have all the movie packages!)

I know our broadband gave us a reduction but they sent us a letter saying they could not calculate every customers reduction so it was a simplified reduction until they worked it all out or something.

So dont worry you are not alone waiting for the VAT reduction on Sky!

poppett
17-Feb-09, 13:10
Thanks Shelley. In one way I am pleased I am not alone, however, if other companies can comply with the letter of the law, why not SKY.

If I didn`t need them for channel 5, I wouldn`t bother, but freeview doesn`t work in our area, so no choice I am afraid. If I was on my own I wouldn`t bother with the TV at all, as the few things (2programmes per week) are available on the internet.

Julia
17-Feb-09, 14:14
My bill is the same too!

changilass
17-Feb-09, 14:25
Ours went down by £1 last month, not much, but still better in our pockets than theirs lol.

emszxr
17-Feb-09, 14:45
Thanks Shelley. In one way I am pleased I am not alone, however, if other companies can comply with the letter of the law, why not SKY.

If I didn`t need them for channel 5, I wouldn`t bother, but freeview doesn`t work in our area, so no choice I am afraid. If I was on my own I wouldn`t bother with the TV at all, as the few things (2programmes per week) are available on the internet.

you can get a sky card for the free channels including 5 for 20 quid. think it suppose to last a year but ours has lasted a lot longer than that.
i wont get a package with sky as its just all repeats. you get quite a few channels on the 2o quid card tho

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 14:52
MMM, now this is interesting. By what you are all saying I must be the only person who has had a reduction in their Sky Package due to VAT.

I had mine reduced for the December payment which was paid on the 4th December. I have been paying this reduced rate since then.

Mind you I do not pay by Direct Debit as I pay by using a Pre Paid Credit Card. I do not know if this makes a difference or not, but I would have thought it waould make no difference at all.

Alice in Blunderland
17-Feb-09, 15:39
I have notrecieved a discount in fact I have had nothing but hassle with sky since we moved in [evil]

I am currently paying for multiroom which has not worked properly since we moved in. They say because I entered into a one year contract ( home movers package ) I have to wait until the end of the year to cancel multiroom.

Well all Ive got to say is its costing Sky more than I am paying ( currently five pound a month because of all the hassle I got a discount )to send out an engineer most months to try and fix it............. stupid but thats what they insist on doing. :roll:

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 15:50
"Alice in blunderland" that sounds like a right hassle!!!

I feel sorry for people that get stuck on the phone to me! I remember when BT cut our phone off because they said they never recieved payment, even though it was paid. They said we had to pay for 2 months. Well i was raging! Poor things!

And the worst is i used to work for a call centre so i know what it is like but i have no patience for foreign helpdesks!

Penelope Pitstop
17-Feb-09, 16:14
I don't think we've had any discount since the VAT reduction either. We pay about £37/38 a month....which I cancelled about a week ago....nothing but bleedin repeats been on the film channel.

Now I'm looking into Freeview+ !!!

Anyone out there got Sky+ ??? I know you have to pay monthly subscription for the sky+ box but do you have to take the minimum sky entertainment package with it???

Cheers in advance :)

footie chick
17-Feb-09, 16:19

If you are only wanting the freeview channels including five you don't need to pay anything. We cancelled our subscription and still get the basic freeview channels and a few more.

bekisman
17-Feb-09, 16:41
Yep, ours was adjusted correctly..

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 16:53
I don't think we've had any discount since the VAT reduction either. We pay about £37/38 a month....which I cancelled about a week ago....nothing but bleedin repeats been on the film channel.

Now I'm looking into Freeview+ !!!

Anyone out there got Sky+ ??? I know you have to pay monthly subscription for the sky+ box but do you have to take the minimum sky entertainment package with it???

Cheers in advance :)

I have SKY + and you do not pay any extra for it at all. It is exactly the same a the subscription for an ordinary box. I was £38.00 per month and now since last December I am Paying £36.90, reduction due to VAT change. I would be paying this for either SKY+ or just a Plain Box.

I just read again what you posted, you can not use the SKY+ Recording facility without a Paid Subscription Package to SKY, you do not pay for SKY+ but you do need a Subscription.

You do howecer have to pay extra for SKY HD

If you are looking into freeview I would suggest don't. Since you have a Box already you must have a card. SKY will cut off your Subscription for the Paid Channels when your payment runs out but you will still receive all the Free Channels.

I counted them once and it was well over 150 Free Channels. My sister stopped her SKY Subscription and now uses her SKY Box as freeview and she says she gets more channels than she would have if she had bought a Freeview box. So if I was you I would keep on using your SKY Box as a Freeview Box as it will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

poppett
17-Feb-09, 22:50
Have emailed the rogues at Sky again asking about the VAT reduction and hope to get a reply soon.

On the subject of the VAT reduction on the 1st December I called to top up my prepay Vodafone mobile and was given extra call time to allow for the VAT reduction. That is excellent "on the ball" service.

Cattach
18-Feb-09, 08:47
you can get a sky card for the free channels including 5 for 20 quid. think it suppose to last a year but ours has lasted a lot longer than that.
i wont get a package with sky as its just all repeats. you get quite a few channels on the 2o quid card tho

£20 card is guaranteed for a minimum of three years. I use my old sky box in a separate room with the card to get freesat I could have used my old card for free but could not find it.

Moonboots
18-Feb-09, 13:16
I just read again what you posted, you can not use the SKY+ Recording facility without a Paid Subscription Package to SKY, you do not pay for SKY+ but you do need a Subscription.

Im sorry but just to clarify....

If you have a subscription to Sky then Sky+ recording facility is free.
If you do not have a subscription to Sky - Sky + recording facility can be purchased for £9.75 per month from Sky.

Basically if you take out the minimum package to Sky (£16.50)then you are getting more channels for £6.75 extra per month.

I have been given an offer which i can share with you for a Free Sky+ box and free install.
New customers only and I do not benefit from providing this info (Moderators!!!)

I have been getting the VAT reduction on my Sky Bill, Pester them Poppett and I will get you a number you can call for free is you wish..

poppett
18-Feb-09, 16:27
Think a few of us could do with the free number to call about the VAT reduction please Moonboots.

Moonboots
18-Feb-09, 23:20
Think a few of us could do with the free number to call about the VAT reduction please Moonboots.

I have checked earlier that the freephone number is not working anymore but anytime of day or night call Livingston on 01506 831741.

I know this one isnt a free number but i think most people can call this number for free in their call packages if they have one that is.

At least you are getting a good call centre who will be able to deal with your request.

poppett
19-Feb-09, 00:08
Thank you Moonboots. Will rattle their cage tomorrow if still no reply to latest email.

poppett
19-Feb-09, 15:28
Tried the number Moonboots, and it says "This service is no longer available". They must have heard we were on the rampage and closed the phone line!

Moonboots
19-Feb-09, 18:01
Yea i have noticed that they have cut all the numbers i had off.

Too many using them lol