PDA

View Full Version : RedFaceBook

brokencross
17-Feb-09, 10:27
What a plonker this fella was. Just goes to show how "dangerous" t'internet can be!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1146885/Married-man-drives-400-miles-meet-Facebook-woman--discover-hoax-set-rival-football-fans.html

Shabbychic
17-Feb-09, 10:45
Don't have any sympathy for him. At least the hoaxers let his wife see what she was married to. Don't think the internet was bad on this occassion, at least his wife can now make a new life for herself without Don Juan.

annex
17-Feb-09, 10:54
Just shows ya how unfaithfull people can be.
I don't know about anyone else but I feel the internet is bein used more now than ever for scaming and hoaxing others?!
Sad really, but hey ho... thats the way it goes.

Geo
17-Feb-09, 11:09
He had a cheek to say "It was a cruel thing to do. I've been taken for a ride.'

annex
17-Feb-09, 11:17
Ur right Geo,

What would of been said if it wasn't a hoax........
His wife would have been taken for a ride with his cruel intention. :(
No one to blame but himself!
No sympathy!

Kodiak
17-Feb-09, 12:56
MMMMM let me think about this.........slowly..................carefully.... ......and..............ponder..............through .............completely....................got ................it.....................now.

SERVES HIM RIGHT, what an completely stupid and unthoughtful thing to do to his wife. This is the important aspect here, he got caught out and I have NO Sympathy for him at all.

Metalattakk
17-Feb-09, 13:43
Reminds me of a story in Ian Black's "Tales of the Tartan Army", where a group of Scotland fans go off to Iceland for a World Cup qualifier. One of the motley crew becomes a bit amorous with one of the fragrant young locals - we'll call her 'Ingrid' - and his mates decide to wind him up about it.

They waited 'til they all got back to Scotland, and got an Icelandic friend to write a letter to the guy saying that this was 'Ingrid', and that she'd fallen pregnant and needed some money to look after the kid. Of course, the guy starts panicking, but instead of 'fessing up there and then, his mates pushed on.

They got their Icelandic contact to send another letter to the bad lad, saying that 'Ingrid' was coming to Scotland so they could discuss this matter face-to-face. They were to meet at Edinburgh Airport - where the lads would spring their surprise and have a good laugh at his expense. After all, 'Ingrid' wasn't really preggers, and wasn't involved in any of this ruse.

So, the guys wait at the alloted arrival time, hidden in the airport, waiting for bad lad to turn up so they could spring their surprise. What a wheeze!

Then, bad lad turns up - with his wife in tow...

Turns out that he'd confessed to his wife and as she can't have kids, they'd both turned up to meet young 'Ingrid', with the hope of trying to persuade her to allow them to adopt her unborn kid for themselves.

Cue red faces all round, and one volcanically furious wife! They divorced soon after.

-------

Ok, the bottom line to all this is, as in the OP, the only one who you can possibly have any sympathy for is the spurned wife.

Julia
17-Feb-09, 14:13
I'm all for a good prank but it was the guy's choice to trek to Aberdeen, his poor wife that's who I feel sorry for.

And as for the 'Ingrid' story well.... it would have been so funny if the wife knew nothing BUT at the end of the day he did sleep with the Icelandic girl so deserved his prompt divorce too.

Bazeye
17-Feb-09, 15:01
He had a cheek to say "It was a cruel thing to do. I've been taken for a ride.'

Thats the irony. He wasnt taken for a ride.:eek: