PDA

View Full Version : thurso co-op loo-less

piratelassie
17-Feb-09, 01:27
had myself a day trip up to thurso to do a little shoping. Went to the newly refurbished Co-op, and very nice it is.Bought a few items and went to the till, asked if they now provided toilets for the customers, only to be told no, no toilets.Was very disapointed and went to the loo down by the river only to find they were closed, and it had just gone five o'clock. Had very uncomfortable drive back to Tesco's where my needs were relieved...and it was nice to have a cup of coffe as well. :)

JAWS
17-Feb-09, 02:28
I don't think the Co-op ever had loos. I think the only reason Tesco have them in Thurso is because there is the cafe there.

Fran
17-Feb-09, 03:41
Yet the Co-op in wick has them and they don't have a cafe.

Dorrie
17-Feb-09, 10:17
I think it's madness that the co-op in Thurso doesn't have public loos. However, if you are caught out you can always go to Caithness Horizons. Nice loos in there and it's always a chance for a look around. :)

annex
17-Feb-09, 10:49
I think it is quite sad there are no toilets in the Thurso Co-op, but as mentioned only required if there is a cafe or restaurant.
Quite often hear people asking for toilets in there.

Ash
17-Feb-09, 10:55
why does the coop need to loo's i understand it can be a pain when you have small children... but if you ask they will let you use them, my wee one uses them when she is bursting .. most places do

Geo
17-Feb-09, 11:05
Many places won't let you use staff toilets on health and safety/insurance grounds.

burstbucker
17-Feb-09, 11:07
They only need to provide public toilets if the sales floor area is over 500m2.

pops
17-Feb-09, 11:39
it is a shame they dont have them but i cant see it being much of a beneift to them in a business sense to put toilets in and they dont really have the space for toilets either.

Cattach
17-Feb-09, 12:05
Many places won't let you use staff toilets on health and safety/insurance grounds.

Never been efused for either myself or family when asked nicely and expained my/there desperation. Most shops accommodating. In Thurso is toilets are closed then Caithness Horizons and Thurso Tesco are first stop but I have also found hotels do not 'guard' their toilet facilities.

mums angels
17-Feb-09, 12:26
why does the coop need to loo's i understand it can be a pain when you have small children... but if you ask they will let you use them, my wee one uses them when she is bursting .. most places do

thats all good and well if your child can hold the toilet for ages, took my son in there few months ago he announced he needed the toilet and by the time i asked a memeber of staff that then had to ask another member of staff that then had to find someone to accompany us to the toilets that were up a flight of stairs and trough the staff changing rooms ... needless to say he had had a wee accident by this time ( all in all took about 10 minutes ) would have been quicker for me to have taken him home in the car . I can't see why the can't have a toilet (just one ) for they paying customers

Geo
17-Feb-09, 12:32
Never been efused for either myself or family when asked nicely and expained my/there desperation. Most shops accommodating. In Thurso is toilets are closed then Caithness Horizons and Thurso Tesco are first stop but I have also found hotels do not 'guard' their toilet facilities.

My family either but I've read examples of people being refused, even with children.

poppett
17-Feb-09, 12:34
It`s not just the wee ones (pardon the pun) who can not hold on for the loo. The riverside toilets may not seem far away, but they are a million miles away if you can not hold on very long.

Even one disabled toilet (with a radar key for access) would be a godsend.

Going slightly off thread (as we do) why oh why do Caithness shut down their public conveniences for the winter (riverside excepted)..... especially when so many folk have pained faces and crossed legs in the cold weather when holding on is even harder.

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 13:07
I remember when i was pregnant, without a doubt everywhere i went i would need the loo! I had worked out where was the closest toilets to where i was every time!

But definetely getting to the river toilets felt like a mile away!!! And sometimes they were closed through the day so trying to get to another loo was mental! :lol:

Dadie
18-Feb-09, 00:02
Mackays would rather toddlers had an accident than let them use the loo in the shop .... I dont really care if I had to be supervised and Lauren watched (as long as they clapped and praised her for having a pee) as long as she got to use the loo in the first place!

There seems to be a shortage of loos in the vicinity of the precinct in Thurso at the moment!

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 00:07
Mackays would rather toddlers had an accident than let them use the loo in the shop .... I dont really care if I had to be supervised and Lauren watched (as long as they clapped and praised her for having a pee) as long as she got to use the loo in the first place!

There seems to be a shortage of loos in the vicinity of the precinct in Thurso at the moment!

DE Shoes happily let anybody use their toilet! ;)

piratelassie
18-Feb-09, 00:28
Thanks Jaws, havent been to Tesco's in Thurso yet or would have seen they have a loo, will have to shop there next time Im in Thurso, as I drove all the way to Tesco's in Wick and was very,very uncomfortable.

abc123
18-Feb-09, 00:46
and went to the loo down by the river

And with the river in spate at the moment, I hope you held on tightly to the bank. :)

TBH
18-Feb-09, 01:30
had myself a day trip up to thurso to do a little shoping. Went to the newly refurbished Co-op, and very nice it is.Bought a few items and went to the till, asked if they now provided toilets for the customers, only to be told no, no toilets.Was very disapointed and went to the loo down by the river only to find they were closed, and it had just gone five o'clock. Had very uncomfortable drive back to Tesco's where my needs were relieved...and it was nice to have a cup of coffe as well. :)Did yer mither niver tell ye till go before ye went?

EDDIE
18-Feb-09, 18:12
had myself a day trip up to thurso to do a little shoping. Went to the newly refurbished Co-op, and very nice it is.Bought a few items and went to the till, asked if they now provided toilets for the customers, only to be told no, no toilets.Was very disapointed and went to the loo down by the river only to find they were closed, and it had just gone five o'clock. Had very uncomfortable drive back to Tesco's where my needs were relieved...and it was nice to have a cup of coffe as well. :)

Quite shocking even if they dont have toilets for the customers you would have thought if you were desperate to go to the toilet they would let you use the staff toilets if u made it clear you need to go to one of the staff members .
Just pure and simple bad service.

Fluff
18-Feb-09, 18:31
Well there are insurance related problems too. the general public are not insured 'behind the scenes' as such, only staff are. SO if someone were to trip, or fall the company would not be covered.
Plus, in today's culture, people are suing so often it is not worth the risk.