PDA

View Full Version : Remove Please

shazzap
16-Feb-09, 19:08
Please will the landlords who post on the org remove their ad when the property they are advertising has been rented out. It makes things so much easier and less frustrating if the properties on here are actually available :(

poppett
16-Feb-09, 19:39
That can be so frustrating. Have you tried it the other way round? - You tell us/them what you are looking for and see who can come up with the goods. Happy hunting.

south view 7
16-Feb-09, 21:35
Please will the landlords who post on the org remove their ad when the property they are advertising has been rented out. It makes things so much easier and less frustrating if the properties on here are actually available :(
I"v been trying to have an add removed for the last two week"s so i dont think it"s the advertisers who are at fault.

shazzap
16-Feb-09, 21:37
I"v been trying to have an add removed for the last two week"s so i dont think it"s the advertisers who are at fault.
Fair comment

newpark
16-Feb-09, 22:01
I have requested a property I advertised to be removed loads and they have never replied to me or removed the property. Very frusrating for both parties.

Bill Fernie
16-Feb-09, 22:03
I am the only one doing the properties and I am not receiving any emails from you. If you are sending to Niall you will not get reply as he has not been dealing with his email for a long time. Send any items to be removed to me.

Bill

newpark
17-Feb-09, 09:34
Thats me just pm'd Bill the house details I want removed so fingers crossed 4th time lucky.

daviddd
17-Feb-09, 10:03
wouldn't it make more sense to allow the ads only a month or even 2 months before automatic deletion? Then the advertiser could simply readvertise if not rented out, AND bump the ad back up to the top of the list at the same time. I'm sure most properties are in fact rented out within 2 months?

Twixy
17-Feb-09, 20:53
It's not only the Rental Properties that are out of date but the ones For Sale also. I know of at least one that was sold in October 2007 and is still being advertised. I agree also that they should only be advertised for 1-2 months, then people would know there is a chance they might still be available for Rent or Sale.

LMS
18-Feb-09, 14:02
I emailed many times to get my ads removed and they were still there about 9 months later. I notice that on the 'For Sale' items board that there is a facility to mark posts for removal, could the same facility be made available for properties?

hotrod4
27-Feb-09, 07:37
We have also tried to get an ad removed but to no avail, emailled the "contact us" bit but still its there!!!

Bill Fernie
27-Feb-09, 20:16
Send any requests to remove properties for sale or rent to me directly to my email bill@caithness.org All sent there are removed with a few days.

Bill

Kiwi
22-May-09, 18:22
Still seems to be a problem with properties being advertised for rent long after they have been rented out.

I e-mailed five separate people who were advertising their property to rent on the Org, and only one took the time to reply to me (unfortunately house was gone). The other four I sent follow-up emails to which were also ingored. I then followed these up with telephone calls, only to be told that the property has been rented out.

I know that if these people have requested their property to be removed from the org, then it must be frustrating for them to be still getting enquiries, but surely a quick e-mail to say "no longer available" would not take up too much time?