PDA

View Full Version : Wales v Scotland

DW
12-Feb-06, 17:20
Unbiased, balanced reporting from the English Broadcasting Corporation - I don't think so
1 Taffy commentator (he's OK)
1 English, ex-crisp factory worker.

As SAVEY said on another thread
" Sometimes "the natives" post messages revealing their true feelings for the "auld enemy," that have been brought to the surface by bias where there should be objectivity."

So, not a single Scottish commentator available; got to use some Walkers tatty Crisp of a commentator eh?
Aye, aye, I suppose you have to expect it when Britain is being run by SCOTCHMEN [lol]

Geo
12-Feb-06, 18:12
I thought the commentary was fine. Even when the score looked like getting embarrassing the commentators, both English and Welsh, were talking about Scotland's positive play and the good things they can take from the game. They also used a Scottish commentator from the touchline a couple of times.

willowbankbear
12-Feb-06, 20:58
Stop being so Paranoid eh, Scotland were well horsed by what i saw, Wales were hardly oot wer half, ie- Domination-Total.
I used to play Rugby when at the school, had to xplain to 2-3 folk the rules but its still a crap gAME in my eyes.
I cant help the way i feel

jjc
12-Feb-06, 21:19
Unbiased, balanced reporting from the English Broadcasting Corporation - I don't think so Just as the commentators were biased in favour of England yesterday, eh? That chip on your shoulders must be mighty large to be blocking both of your ears like it is.

As with yesterday, the commentary of the Wales/Scotland match today was fair. Sadly (:~(), Wales was the better team and the commentary reflected that. You might not have liked to hear it, but the fact remains that today Wales was the better team.

Aye, aye, I suppose you have to expect it when Britain is being run by SCOTCHMEN For somebody so incensed about the perceived anti-Scottishness displayed by the BBC, I’d really have thought you would know the difference between a bottle of whisky and a Scotsman. :roll:

DW
12-Feb-06, 21:43
SNIP

For somebody so incensed about the perceived anti-Scottishness displayed by the BBC, I’d really have thought you would know the difference between a bottle of whisky and a Scotsman. :roll:

ddUUUUUUHHHHHH it was a joke - you really need to get your sense of humour bypass undone, old man. [smirk]
Can't a girl have some fun winding up the punters on the forums?

All this sweet political correctness is a real pain in the tush - where are the outrageous opinions?

scorrie
12-Feb-06, 21:44
Stop being so Paranoid eh, Scotland were well horsed by what i saw, Wales were hardly oot wer half, ie- Domination-Total.
I used to play Rugby when at the school, had to xplain to 2-3 folk the rules but its still a crap gAME in my eyes.
I cant help the way i feel

Aye, nowhere near as many posts this week about the rugby. It seems like there are fair-weather only fans out there. Nobody waving ante-post vouchers in the faces this week LOL

DW
12-Feb-06, 21:47
You might not have liked to hear it, but the fact remains that today Wales was the better team.

A team that can only take 10 points from Scotland who had 14 men for about an hour is nothing to shout about.

If I was Ruddick, I would be worried about the Irish next week.

happy_83
12-Feb-06, 22:13

SweatyBetty

I don't know you and I don't wish to offend you as everyone is entitled to an opinion but why are you trying to wind people up? It's not fun infact some of it is down right rude.

Yes the south of England have a very self centered opinion and can centre their commentary / weather / news etc around themselves, but that's the way it's always been and sadly most likely always will.

Yes during the England v Italy game the commentators were all for the English but the BBC was hardly going to be all out for Italy now were they? And as for Scotland v Wales today, sadly Wales were playing the better game, stop making a them and us.

Rheghead
13-Feb-06, 00:21

Humour is fine but posting to raise the tempers of members is considered to be trolling on this forum and thus against the rules.:roll:

Oh! and btw

You can't 'kid' a 'kidder'!!;)

jjc
13-Feb-06, 00:28
ddUUUUUUHHHHHH it was a joke
Well of course you would say that now that your error has been pointed out to you... :roll:

golach
13-Feb-06, 00:31
We got cuffed, and we deserved it...so bring on the English!!! " Braveheart"!!!!

jjc
13-Feb-06, 00:57
A team that can only take 10 points from Scotland who had 14 men for about an hour is nothing to shout about.
I’m glad that the scores at the end of the match were relatively close… but until the final two minutes of the match Scotland was down by 22 points. It was brilliant to see the two tries (especially Paterson’s interception), but they were against the run of play.

If I was Ruddick, I would be worried about the Irish next week.
Not sure why this Ruddick bloke is getting worried, but if you were Ruddock then it would be your job to be worried about the next match. Of course, if you want to keep your job you might want to hold off on taking the team to Lansdowne Road until the week after next… turning up for a match a week early is simply unprofessional.

DW
13-Feb-06, 01:15
Humour is fine but posting to raise the tempers of members is considered to be trolling on this forum and thus against the rules.:roll:

Oh! and btw

You can't 'kid' a 'kidder'!!;)

Please direct me to the page on the rules where it actually states this?

Rheghead
13-Feb-06, 01:23
Please direct me to the page on the rules where it actually states this?

"Trolling"
This describes various practices including, starting a thread with a view to raising the tempers of others... (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=9370#post9370)

DW
13-Feb-06, 01:26
Well thank you kind soul.

I always like to know which rules are there; I think Betty will move to another forum

I reckon all the sweet posts deserve each other - dead cats - runaway doggys - etc .

How sad can you get!

Night Night

Rheghead
13-Feb-06, 01:29
Well thank you kind soul.

You're welcome!:grin:

DrSzin
13-Feb-06, 02:59
Well of course you would say that now that your error has been pointed out to you... :roll:I sometimes think I'm the only one on here who understands Sweaty Betty's sense of humour. Of course it was a joke and of course it was intended to stir.

Anyway, I thought Charles Kennedy was the political Scotchman and he doesn't run the country. He's not even a walker never mind a runner.

wickerinca
13-Feb-06, 04:05
Gosh..I hope Sweaty betty doesn't leave1 I don't always like what she says but she does have a wicked sense of humour[evil] ...and I am not going to mention "Freedom of Speech" (That is a joke!!..look I am smiling when I say it:grin:

connieb19
13-Feb-06, 07:49
Gosh..I hope Sweaty betty doesn't leave1 I don't always like what she says but she does have a wicked sense of humour[evil] ...and I am not going to mention "Freedom of Speech" (That is a joke!!..look I am smiling when I say it:grin:I love Sweaty bettys posts too... she is so funny, I really hope she dosn't go anywhere!!!:eek: Betty...DONT GO!!!!

jjc
13-Feb-06, 11:36
I sometimes think I'm the only one on here who understands Sweaty Betty's sense of humour. Of course it was a joke and of course it was intended to stir.
Oh, I got it... my response was intended to 'stir' right back - didn't mean to stir you though :(

~~Tides~~
13-Feb-06, 13:40
I totally agree with the first post. The commentry on yersterday's game was awful, to a degree it spoiled my enjoyment of the game. They were obviosly very excited when ever it was going well for Wales, but wenever Scotland had a good kick etc, its was more like 'oh well, i suppose it's good for them'. To make one bitter quote from the Welsh guy after Scotland had made a 'questionable pass', (words to the same extent) "Well he [the ref] is from New Zealand, i dont suppose forward passes matter!". It really was the worst its ever been.

On a brighter not, brilliant run at the end from Scotland, two tries in under five minuites is far from shameful.

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-06, 16:44
Even if Scotland had won, it would only have been a win for Scottish Rugby - and not Scotland.

DW
13-Feb-06, 17:07
Even if Scotland had won, it would only have been a win for Scottish Rugby - and not Scotland.

In the same way that Scotch MPs run England [lol]